Sign in to follow this  
Kandar

Uber Death From Above

this guide seems to require high stats, because I am not able to do the end rounds with my gear. Cant seem to kill fast enough when there's an train incoming at the walls with the birds in the air.

it is a challenge with a lot of big stuff. 2k damage should be more then plenty. with 2500 its a snooze fest. Under 2k. i'm not sure.

also solo / duo is far far far easier then 6 player.

Yes with sharken my walls get pushed back and ogres get through and bash down my harpoons at east crystal.

Yes with sharken my walls get pushed back and ogres get through and bash down my harpoons at east crystal.

awesome. Didn't even notice they added sharks. haven't done it since the patch.

Ill fix it to deal with them later.

so I just did this map trio got an amazing hammer.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540674540434327527/EA9DEAC4CFDF6EA6EFAD457A781EC1674B160E05/

I changed the build around since 3 people could take care of djin at each crystal. On the west crystal the buff beam was extended and the harpoon facing the wall was put closer to it. So west was 1 buff beam buffing 4 harpoons and the aura. South had 3 harpoons facing crystal, and a gas trap was added by the wall. For the east crystal we had extra du left for 2 reflects , 2 gas traps and the rest was used for darkness traps. Thanks again kandar for the core build.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the build done efficiently, I end up on wave 9 still missing stuff. What priority should i give to building? I'm gonna try gas traps before auras next, but I keep either getting walls pushed by sharks or gold super wyverns killing a crystal.

I don't think my stats are the issue: Squire 900/1900/600/1400 tower ev 2000/x/x/x active dps barb 1600/2000/x/700

Any thoughts as to what I'm missing?

wow wave 9? here is what i suggest.

--first build phase
-Start with your waller EV. put up walls. Be swift. first drop first tower. no fussing with positions.
-swing back to the forge and get your Countess. place all harpoons.
-swing back to the forge, get your monk
--Wave 1 start
-During wave 1 place all auras
--Wave 1 end / wave 2 build phase
-EV out and put buff breams down
-swap to your DPS monk and just run around and upgrade till you win.

I had alot of trouble with the build when I first started (could get all the towers placed and ready). The key to the build is to get the buff beams upgraded as soon as you can.

wow wave 9? here is what i suggest.

--first build phase
-Start with your waller EV. put up walls. Be swift. first drop first tower. no fussing with positions.
-swing back to the forge and get your Countess. place all harpoons.
-swing back to the forge, get your monk
--Wave 1 start
-During wave 1 place all auras
--Wave 1 end / wave 2 build phase
-EV out and put buff breams down
-swap to your DPS monk and just run around and upgrade till you win.

Thanks for your reply Kandar, and thanks for your efforts writing guides for all of us.

When do you suggest doing the traps?

Also, what did you mean by "first drop first tower".

Finally, I use a dps barb, do you think a monk is far superior? I could give my monk my gear and go find a weap for him to dps with i guess.

Thanks again for your help.

Monk is far superior to barbarian for this. You can boost AA towers or boost a DPS pet to insta gib ogres. either way it beats being out of range from everything you need to be attacking aka genies and birds.

Traps are not really much of a priority in the first two waves. You can put them down whenever you have a chance. it also shouldn't be hard to manually kill sharks. There isn't many and they spawn one or two at a time.

Kandar, just curious but it looks like this challenge got some additional DU with the Cliffs update. This does work great, but do you have any plans to update this?

didn't realize they added MORE DU. thats crazy it was already simple.

Yeah. ill add the additional stuff.

It used to be 125, like the campaign map. It got increased by 15 DU alongside campaign.

I ran it a couple times earlier, and it felt like they added more djinn. With the bonus DU, I made the south wall buff beam a bit longer and added a backwards harpoon. The harpoon faced west and prevented any sneaky djinns from deleting the two harpoons. This has the added benefit of covering the lane that the Magic Missile covered using Kandar's 125 DU build. Other than that, you can do whatever you want with the remaining DU.