Sign in to follow this  
Kamahl

Mage Buffs

Can you stop with them?

Seriously. The heal revert (which didn't fully happen - they used to only heal for 10k, now it's still high, but not stupidly so at least) was decent, but now they're literally sniping my crystals. Simply going through the campaign on NM again for the hardcore achievement, and they seem to enjoy sniping my crystal from their spawns on the sides in Hall of Court, among other maps. I thought their range was capped at a very small number of units wayyyyyyyyy back when running Insane MM Alch Labs was the cool thing to do.

Edit: Pic related. http://steamcommunity.com/id/praetor_kamahl/screenshot/540672970858627109

I really do think this deserves some attention, +176k health isn't exactly a laughable amount. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Djinn buffing them.

Good call, that was indeed the problem (a change to how buff logic stacks on enemies triggered this) and it's gonna be hot-fixed first thing tomorrow. Put simply, Djinn Buffing on Dark Elf Mages should have NO effect on their healing amount, but it currently is.

Thanks Kamahl,
Jeremy

I don't understand why changes were made and not documented. The community has complained about this very loudly in the past. Just mentioning saves plenty of time when you get to harder waves and are ready for the change. Tonight I simply see my walls taking an unprecedented beating from fireballs and I didn't know why they were not stunned by the gas trap.

Even undocumented buffs aren't good. Then we don't know what we can take advantage of!

So please, document the changes in the notes at least.

I don't think it's only isolated to gilded mages. I just experienced wave 20 ogres last from the time they spawn through the entire wave and were the very last thing killed through no less than 3 harps and 2 fireball towers, all fully upped with fully upped buff beams and a hunt guard lol. I saw massive healing ( yellow numbers) from ALL mages.

They aren't "gilded" until they have been fully upgraded to 3* by a djinn. Even the ones with 1^-2^-3^-1* have a buff to healing With more than a djinn or two running around they are all going to have big healing numbers.

yeah its not just the buffed mages, they still heal a either a % but not as high as before or a flat amount which is scaling with wave difficulty, its cause waaaayyy to much clumpage

Even undocumented buffs aren't good. Then we don't know what we can take advantage of!

Because. It was a change to the way djinn buff "logic"(?) works, not the way mages heal.
This means that amounts and values probably weren't (intentionally) changed, but behaviour was. Somehow, it had a knock on effect of affecting amounts (I can sort of see how this might happen). But I can also totally understand how changing something like that wouldn't warrant a mention in the patch notes, but could cause problems.
Short of issuing a diff for the DDDK (this is literally a line by line list of changes to the code that is automatically generated), I don't see that there's much they can do.
That being said, since everything is opensourced, would throwing a diff out with the patch notes really be that bad? The community could eyeball changes and help identify problems around bugs vs ninja changes.

Dingle - does the DDDK even update frequently enough to run diffs ourselves? If so, this might be the leap I need to finally grab it and start poking around myself.

Confirming the above: Even without Djinns present, Mage heals can get quite high. And they still like to spam it. The revert did seem to decrease the problem slightly, but it is far from fixed.

Mage healing aside.. they now shoot powerful fireballs (non buffed mages) that totally destroy walls from great distances. This is making reflective walls in front of every single wall a must. Are we going to get more DU for every map or are they going to adjust this.. it is crazy.

I might add that my walls are from a 3025 wall builder and my towers are from 950/2550/950/1750 tower stats as well. If I am having major issues with fireballs with these stats, many must be having a heck of a time.

Yes, mages glitch into the misty rock again. I think you are right in that they clog up too much and that causes the problem.

For those saying this is a djinn buff problem, maybe you should play something other than campaign to see what the actual issue is. On survival(worse with mm) the wizards gather up outside range of everything and chuck fireballs. It isn't 1 or 2 buffed wizards, it is every single wizard and you get a constant barrage of 10+ fireballs.

http://i.imgur.com/hYxUS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/11ZU6.jpg

From 3k, to 10k, to this....

Those are taken from Moraggo just about an hour or so ago. First tower we lost was to a djinn desummoning while coughing in a gas trap.

Bug after bug these days.

I expect towers will be receiving a buff soon.

I noticed this as well last night but figured it had to be my imagination or some strange quirk to where I placed my trap even though I'd done it hundreds of times lol.

Mage healing aside.. they now shoot powerful fireballs (non buffed mages) that totally destroy walls from great distances. This is making reflective walls in front of every single wall a must. Are we going to get more DU for every map or are they going to adjust this.. it is crazy.

I might add that my walls are from a 3025 wall builder and my towers are from 950/2550/950/1750 tower stats as well. If I am having major issues with fireballs with these stats, many must be having a heck of a time.

Didn't mage fireballs always hurt? I remember my crystal basically getting one shot in late waves of survival when mage would get stuck in the rock and resort to fireball. The major difference between now and then as far as I know is the mage AI change that doesn't allow them to spam skeletons. Now they have to wait to spawn skeletons and therefore spam fireball much more often.

* Dark Elf Mages now have a 3.5-second interval between Skeleton-spawning, reducing path-clogging

Didn't mage fireballs always hurt? I remember my crystal basically getting one shot in late waves of survival when mage would get stuck in the rock and resort to fireball. The major difference between now and then as far as I know is the mage AI change that doesn't allow them to spam skeletons. Now they have to wait to spawn skeletons and therefore spam fireball much more often.

* Dark Elf Mages now have a 3.5-second interval between Skeleton-spawning, reducing path-clogging

Yes.. because of their behavior change they now spam fireballs and it is game breaking for most people now. I don't know if they were buffed but since they spam it now it makes them more like a boss mob instead of a common one. Imagine if they suddenly replaced all wizards that spawn with ORGE. An adjustment needs to be made, either fewer are spawned and we get a msg that they spawned like we do with other boss mobs or they need to lower the damage or spam ability of them.

They are still nowhere near the level or ogre or djinn. Honestly I don't think they are any worse than DEWs and we don't get a msg for them.

They are still nowhere near the level or ogre or djinn. Honestly I don't think they are any worse than DEWs and we don't get a msg for them.

Taking down a 4 DU EV wall 3 Star Upgraded that was built with 3025 Tower HP Stats, outside of range of any defenses, in a matter of seconds makes them harder than a DEW by quite a bit. ORGEs are no threat to my towers/walls, it is the mages that are a huge threat.

Are you saying 1-2 Mages did that? Or was it more like 8-12? and a few boosted. If you reduced their numbers to be similar to ogres, they would be no challenge at all.

Also, you said they are out of range of defenses? What map are you having the issues on? I haven't seen them cast out of range of defenses unless they are obscured by something. In lanes where I have long, clear line of sight, they haven't been a problem at all.

I'm pretty new to Misty and not sure if this is common, thought I'd share to get some feedback.

Last night, wave 22 or 23, a mage fireballed my northwest crystal from the northwest choke point (on the ground level) where they were clogged. It's the crystal that is up on the terrace by the shroomite. I never had to build any defenses there before...do mages usually shoot that crystal?

Also, mage healing on omf is greater than my tower damage output.