Sign in to follow this  
nish197

[Bug] active hero bonus lost on death in hardcore after body dissapears

this has been happening to me split screen on alchemy lab survival, don't think its supposed too

Pretty sure that is SUPPOSED to happen. You can't be "active" if you are dead, after all. Think of it as an additional incentive to not die.

Pretty sure that is SUPPOSED to happen. You can't be "active" if you are dead, after all. Think of it as an additional incentive to not die.

i dunno, i swear it never used to happen.. would explain why you loose so easily once you're dead

It's been that way since I came back and started playing again, at the very least. That was during the free weekend.

It's been this way as long as I can remember as well. It's more than likely to keep people from running two chars at once split-screen so they can run their dps char and keep their tower buffs without having to do anything on the tower char.

Like someone else said, it's incentive to stay alive. But it's also incentive to not AFK tower chars while you play your DPS as this would completely negate them having ever given the towers the 30% buff to begin with to discourage players from tower-building then swapping to dps. Which is what it sounds like you are doing anyways.

More than likely working as intended.

Think of it as an additional incentive to not die.

If this is required, there may be bigger issues that need to be addressed and dealt with =)

isnt really much of an issue with highend myth /trans items u can have 90% nm res and still have tower stats over 2k somethng people seam to forget about when making builders are res not an issue really in non hardcore but in hardcore u need res on ur builder golden nijas can one hit kill u with lame res with 90% or close res golden nijas hit for 2k

It has always been this way. If you die you lose the active hero boost because you are no longer active on the battlefield.

isnt really much of an issue with highend myth /trans items u can have 90% nm res and still have tower stats over 2k somethng people seam to forget about when making builders are res not an issue really in non hardcore but in hardcore u need res on ur builder golden nijas can one hit kill u with lame res with 90% or close res golden nijas hit for 2k

Well let me know when you can donate or sell some of that gear because with 90% res in non NM I still max at 1300 in my highest tower stat and all my gear is maxed. Though I am starting to do OMF so maybe I will upgrade soon!

Death on Hardcore should cause mission failed!
The real bug, is that if the towers alone finish the round with the player dead it should end there.

Hardcore = as in 1 life, and as in challenge, NOT as in give me a break, NOT as in im just farming gear a few rounds..

Well let me know when you can donate or sell some of that gear because with 90% res in non NM I still max at 1300 in my highest tower stat and all my gear is maxed. Though I am starting to do OMF so maybe I will upgrade soon!

You have to find a functional balance stat-wise between survival and capability. If you only pick one end of the spectrum, you are generally doomed to fail.

you also lose the xp earned from the player if their character is dead? I think, something happened when I died on a glitter run the other day (fell off the bridge cause I took my eye off the screen) and it seems that if the tower owner is dead the kills by the tower aren't earned in xp by anyone (even the builder)

you also lose the xp earned from the player if their character is dead? I think, something happened when I died on a glitter run the other day (fell off the bridge cause I took my eye off the screen) and it seems that if the tower owner is dead the kills by the tower aren't earned in xp by anyone (even the builder)

Last time I checked, this wasn't true at all. I split-screen chars all the time and when my builder is dead I can still see all the rest's xp going up constantly without having any towers out or attacking anything. Their score doesn't go up but their exp does.
A recent patch might have broke this.