Sign in to follow this  
T@F

Is it true the Hunt Guardian causes the harpoons to miss more?

I heard this,not sure if its true or not.

So does the Hunt Guardian cause harpoons to miss more?
I know there is a fix for the harpoons missing,but still ppl are saying Hunt Guardian causes it to miss even more?

I cannot see how thats possible because the Hunt Guardian only increases the fire rate.
So maybe you can spot it more because of that.

Anyway what's your views of it causing harpoons to miss with the Hunt Guardian.

My opinion; they shoot faster/more and therefore miss more, but also hit more. I believe the ratio of hit to miss stays the same, but you're still getting the buff as it's hitting more. I don't think it bugs the mechanics in any specific way that already wasn't previous before the buff.

This is just my observation from normal play, I havent tested it.

If the refire rate of you harpoons is high enough, adding a huntress guardian will cause the aiming to lock up and miss. To everyone other than the host, the harpoons will look as though they're firing right through the target but dealing no damage.

If the refire rate of you harpoons is high enough, adding a huntress guardian will cause the aiming to lock up and miss. To everyone other than the host, the harpoons will look as though they're firing right through the target but dealing no damage.

This. I can't use a huntress guardian because if I'm close to anti-air harpoons they'll miss the wyverns. I have 2k tower attack rate.

yup, it misses completely, it goes though ogres not even moving not even dealing damage. It's very annoying. I stopped using my huntress guard cause of it.

But how can it affect the towers aim all it does is speed there rate.
If that's the case maybe trendy needs to look into it.

Huntress guardian also has issues stacking with harpoons using Buff beams. Anything faster then 0.09 attack rate causes them to go right through weyverns unless there's perfect latency.

Trendy needs to test and benchmark for reasons like this. Buff beam makes huntress guard completly useless and even wors Apprentice guardian doesn't mix well with buff beams as well.

supposedlty its when there fire rate goes below 0.08, mines at 0.10 so for with a guardian and i havn't noticed anything abnormal yet

I agree this should be looked into my stats are 13xx/24xx/12xx/19xx and I should not be penalized for using a hunt guardian w Ev boost beems. Air gets me everytime w that combo and my def should be shredding the wyvern.

I wonder why Trendy never replies to threads like these, but when someone posts a thread about something pointless like wanting different colored eggs they swoop right in and go "Good idea bro! We'll look into it at once!"

I don't really think it's true, except in the context that it doesn't make the turret rotate faster, so it may waste more shots in the amount of time it takes to rotate. I haven't seen any evidence to support huntress guardians having this effect, at least.

The developers would need more than rumors to be able to examine this issue- so whatever evidence you can offer or steps to reproduce will be helpful.

I don't really think it's true, except in the context that it doesn't make the turret rotate faster, so it may waste more shots in the amount of time it takes to rotate. I haven't seen any evidence to support huntress guardians having this effect, at least.

The developers would need more than rumors to be able to examine this issue- so whatever evidence you can offer or steps to reproduce will be helpful.

Maybe you just haven't gotten far enough yet? You need quite high attack rate to notice it. I know for a fact that it happens, I've seen harpoons shoot right into a wall aiming next to an ogre or wyvern and hitting nothing, not adjusting their aim at all. But if you want proof I'll get you proof after work today.

Also, how do you explain wave 15 wyverns completely eluding a huntress buffed anti-air harpoon that normally has me covered to wave 30 unbuffed?

The developers don't need evidence, this isn't a court of law. Steps to reproduce are already in place, just play a survival on a squire with 1-2k attack rate using a huntress guardian, you'll see. I even have problems with only buff beams some times.

everything needs fixing.
updates are on the way.
trendy is a small company.
you paid $15 for the game.
people are complaining about minutiae.

pick one.

thanks for your time.

I've witnessed it myself. This isn't merely a rumor.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995384957/screenshot/559811256443347407/?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995384957/screenshot/559811256443353938/?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995384957/screenshot/559811256443356567/?

Notice what pet I'm using in all three screenshots

No one is complaining we are trying to find out if it's true or not.
Anyway i'll answer you replys.

everything needs fixing.

Yes there are a few broken things within the game so they need to be fixed for us to enjoy the game even more.
When mobs get stuck or harpoons misses it becomes a prob.

[QUOTE]updates are on the way.[/QUOTE]
Yes there are a lot of update mostly fixing the new dlc they brought out,how about fixing the main bugs first.
After all we have paid for the game as well as some if not most of the dlc.

[QUOTE]trendy is a small company.[/QUOTE]
No excuse they can bring out dlc quick enough.

[QUOTE]you paid $15 for the game.[/QUOTE]
I think you will find it more than $15 with all the dlc.

[QUOTE]people are complaining about minutiae.[/QUOTE]

If they don't complain then how would they know what to fix.
Just look at the latest dlc spawn probs ect ect,without ppl complaining they prob would have not been fixed.

Just chipping in, saw this problem yesterday, saw some targetting problems that tied up the harpoons and then crystal got smacked by the anti air. We switched away our huntress and it was ok after and we completed.

The builder at the time had very high stats though, so as mentioned, probably related to that.

I said pick "one".

thanks for your time.

All your statements were wrong

"thanks for your time."

All your statements were wrong

"thanks for your time."

your statement is completely, totally wrong.

thanks for you huge invaluable effort.

PS: FooBear408 obviously posted some true statements.

This is a definitely a real problem... I've seen it happen too many times and it stinks. I don't use hunt guard anymore out of fear of this bug (which is a shame.) They sit idly in my item box now.