Perfect fix to build time, and build tediousness/repititiveness

Maps are getting large, and that's cool.

New characters are being added, existing ones are being made more valuable as builders, and that's cool.

The builder used to run around with one character making everything, perhaps with a few things from a support character.

Now, it's commonplace for the builder to use many different characters. In fact, with many of the changes lately, it's become increasingly harder (and impossible at higher levels) to use just one character to build. Some builds need EV, squire, monk, huntress, and apprentice towers. The time it takes to build has gotten nuts.

Fix this easily by:

(1) The item forge has to go. Let us switch characters anywhere through the map during the build phase by hitting ESC or I. During the combat phase, make the option unclickable.

(2) Allow us to hold more than the maximum amount of mana (1580 at 78) during the build phase. If you go into combat with more than 1580, you lose the excess amount, too bad.

If you want to use the new feature of starting a survival round in a later wave right now, you get to deal with:

* Having to make the rounds around the entire map once for each building character, running back to the item forge every time
* Having to run back and forth between chests and towers you're upgrading, since one chest easily maxes out our mana now
* Having to have someone next to you when opening a chest in a really late wave, so you don't lose some of the mana in it.

This would drastically cut down the build times. We'd get to play the game more, and repeat build the same setup less. Everyone's happy, everyone wins.

In survival, it gives the players no advantage since there's no build timer anyway. In non-survival, would it really be that bad that we could get more of our towers out with one cycle around the map, rather than having to place temporary stuff only to sell it later when you can get back with a different character?

i dont like the first idea.
it is to easy for now, because you can build everything with one account.
if you could switch your char everywhere...why do you want to play this game online? there would be no sense to play with others.

the second idea sounds not so bad

if you could switch your char everywhere...why do you want to play this game online? there would be no sense to play with others.

Thing is in survival you can already build everything solo because there is no build phase timer and rightly so as starting survival at later waves would be impossible if you did have a time limit. The problem is when you already have infinite time what is the sense in making you walk all the way back to the forge to switch every time you need to build a different classes towers. As the TC said, it just forces you to have to walk the entire map up to 4 times to set up your combined defenses which is an unessesary waste of time especially with some of the very large maps that are now being released.

The EV has pushed build times through the roof. We need some Trine game play here in the build phase.

I would love to see anything that would help give us more build time for campaign mode on the larger maps. I am not really able to play this game with other people due to my schedule and a baby at home. This makes maps like Karathiki Jungle unplayable solo. I would love to be able to progress on these maps but the single issue is build time. Why are we only given unlimited build time in survival? If survival is the end game, why is it easier then the campaign mode?

the second idea sounds not so bad

My post asks for the ability to switch your character everywhere during the build phase ONLY. I don't see how that would impact playing with other people online, I love playing with other people online. Right now if I'm acting as the builder, I have to run around as my Squire, EV, Monk, and Huntress building in survival matchs. It takes forever on a map like Moraggo, especially when starting on a late wave where the chests have so much mana in them. People playing with me get the chance to go eat dinner, and they're usually back around when I'm done building. It would only help play with others online.

I'd be OK only getting this in survival mode, although I don't see the harm in allowing it in non survival mode. Sure it would make non survival easier than it is now, but should a difficult part of this game really be running around the map 4 times?

The time it takes to build has gotten nuts.

Fix this easily by:

(1) The item forge has to go. Let us switch characters anywhere through the map during the build phase by hitting ESC or I. During the combat phase, make the option unclickable.

This, 1000x this! I tend to play this game solo or with one other friend. I am usually the main builder. It is a huge annoyance to have to constantly run back to the forge to switch between characters for building purposes.

I realize this is supposed to be a multiplayer game at heart, but please consider those of us who tend to play by ourselves. This would be a major quality of life improvement.

I would be completely okay if this were only available in survival mode, too.

This has my support. Also, each player should have a single mana pool for all of their characters. Dropping mana for the switch isn't a big deal, but it shouldn't be necessary.

I totally agree, I hate when I lack time in a campaign map because I could not make X or Y jump

The other night I was just thinking that some maps should just have a second forge on the map so that other areas had access. But I suppose a press of a button from the escape menu might work. I think the pressure of the build time is pretty good at times. It also isn't the real pressure, running back and forth is the pressure.

So yeah to relieve that pressure, a more convenient character switch is the way to go, however it is managed.

I think those are some great ideas, but an even better idea would be to have a layout that you could save ingame... so you could restart the map without that hugely unnecessary build where you put the same thing down again, and then again, and then again. Make it so you can only have one layout saved per account or something so that you can just use it to save time on a repeat map that you may be failing on or farming. I hate having one little mistake on the first or second wave require another 20 minute setup. Price of failure? Sure, but usually just the failure is enough for me thanks.

They could just get rid of the build timer altogether or make it an option like HC that increases the loot quality a small amount for the campaign to help bridge the gap with survival.

Awesome ideas, all of them. It wouldn't make the game any harder or easier, all it adds is some convenience. That's simply great.

Although, I'm not a huge fan of the saving layouts that keeps being mentioned. Then again, nobody would force me to use it anyways, so what do I care if it's implemented? No complaints from me! ^^

I love the first idea. At the very least multiple forges are needed on the bigger maps (come on, we can have multiple crystals to defend but only one forge?)

If devs think hitting a button to swap characters would make it too easy, we could even add a small time penalty to doing a character swap outside of the forge.

I remember my earlier runs on Moraggo where I would have my huntress out summoning gas traps. I had her summon a prox trap as well at each spot in case I wouldn't have time to build my main atk towers before the wave started. This was a nightmare when I tried to sell the prox traps next wave only to accidentally sell a gas trap. Having to run all the way back to the forge to summon one gas trap, then run back and switch builders again is a MASSIVE timesink.

Edit:
Karathiki: they added tons more time.
City: They added tons more time.

Implement this one feature, and you'll never have to add more time to a map again.

Remember when you had to go to the crystal to start the map? good times. I think the forge should still be necessary for item management but I agree that the character switching needs improved. If anything I would like to see the ability to hot key your characters in the selection menu. This alone would decrease the amount of wasted time in the forge.