Tavern unlock glitch on Ps3?

So I JUST got back from a hard moraggo run,I got SWEET staff! 147^ 210 base 60 knock back and 10 charge! I couldint equip it yet so I just threw it onto my floor. I hosted a public game as I always do and I didnt hear anyone drop anything,but I heard the all to familiar *chink* as if something was picked up. Curious I went to go investigate and I noticed someone had left the game. My staff was gone,and the words at the to of the screen werent there. It was just blank,no level,no diffiuclty,no tavern lock status,just blank. Then someone with a mic told me I should lock my tavern. In a panic I ran to my crystal and mashed select as hard as I ever have,and what do ya know? My tavern was unlocked!
I don know how he did it but its possible,I didnt catch his name but I'll know it when I see it.

As for the best staff I have ever found it may never be seen again,hopefully I can find another just as good. But seeing as how it took me 100+ runs to get one like that...I dont see that happening anytime soon...

So heed this warning brave defenders,there is a crafty theif on the loose so keep your eyes peeled,towers up and watch the top of your screen! Good luck out there brave heroes!

I assume you were playing private match previous to when you just hosted that public game?
Maybe it was then that you mistakenly "unlocked" your tavern sometime during your private match sessions.

As for the "no words" for the level and difficulty and tavern lock status" at the top of the screen - you can toggle that on or off by pressing L1 (minimap)
I do it all the time. But pressing L1 does not unlock your tavern.

Haha sounds like the big momma incident you had.
Yeah,this is the SECOND time this has happened. Just the 1st time i got my items back. And no Zeros_blade,my tavern was LOCKED when I hosted that public game,but good thought.

Am I going crazy here??

Everyone read the OP. he said the tavern was unlocked.

The tavern lock bypass only happens when the tavern is locked, and is not possible on PS3. I think what really happened here was an accidental click of the select button by the OP.

Am I going crazy here??

The tavern lock bypass only happens when the tavern is locked, and is not possible on PS3. I think what really happened here was an accidental click of the select button by the OP.

true that i tested the lock tavern and it still work and ouch 4 u to lose 100^ upgraded weapon that major time lost

Yea they can actually mod Dungeon Defenders if they have a jailbroken PS3. (There are programs to mod saves, like Fallout you can actually put god mode on and stuff)But most people who have jailbroken PS3's just play Call of duty.

Am I going crazy here??

The way I read it (or understood it to be) was that he thought someone unlocked his tavern (which was previously locked) by some 'brute force' glitch, and that's how it ended up unlocked, not that he accidentally unlocked it.

Yeah, I can see your point. This is far more likely to be an error on OP's part.

You can not modify someone else's save file. That and it's not modifying the save, it's manipulating the way the game works.

Sorry OP, I'm not buying it :(

i dont believe any of this..... and i have a jb ps3 and you really have to know what your doing with hacking and saves to mod them.... which i doubt anybody on here that actually has a jb ps3 knows how to.

sounds made up and the 100 moraggo runs makes it even more unbelievable

Truth is in the the numbers and considering this is the first it's more than likely an error oh his part. No matter if you swear u locked it. The amount of times I have lost my keys as swear blind I left them in my bag and I then find them in a random place like the bathroom etc.

Take it on the chin u made a mistake.

Unless of course it happens again ;-).