Harpoons Missing Constantly with new Patches 7.28b-7.28c! (Photo Proof)

This has become a constant problem for me after the most recent patch. It wasn't an issue when 7.28 first was released. However the subsequent two have broken Harpoons immensely at certain points. Extremely often, (City in the Cliffs & Glitterhelm) My Harpoons are firing right underneath the Wyverns! Completely missing them and giving them free roam to smash the crystal. This seems to happen mainly with Wyverns that come from upwards, messing up the angle perhaps. If my words aren't enough, here are some Photos of about the 30+ I took of them just barreling through and not getting hit at all.

As if that was bad, I'm even having this problem with normal Mobs.. Case and point, this archer that isn't being hit by these harpoons that are impaling his entire body..

While I've provided images from Glitterhelm, I've had this issue especially from City in the Cliffs as well. Missing Wyverns, and most importantly, shooting directly at Djinns who are De-summoning a tower, BUT they shoot through the tail of the Djinn, also missing it completely! I can't count how many times this has happened to me with the New patch.

I can't say if it is a hitbox problem, or just a targetting problem. But please Trendy, I would really enjoy your attention to this problem. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Same problem here too, its semms to happen with very high Rate of fire, at least in my observation

Can a TE dev please tell me, why don't they just increase the hit box of ALL monsters?

Jesus f. christ, just increase the god damn hit boxes of monsters - and if needed, the hit boxes of harpoons.

SIMPLEST SOLUTION EVER, and it would even be permanent.

all seems fine to me :wyvern:
edit: hit box increase = not a fix, they would need to be pretty damn big
[video=youtube_share;Rwd6X6D9f-4]http://youtu.be/Rwd6X6D9f-4[/video]

all seems fine to me :wyvern:
edit: hit box increase = not a fix, they would need to be pretty damn big

Sorry but what is wrong with big hitboxes on wyverns?
When a tower is shooting at a monster, it is supposed to hit it - having a hit box as big as the Wyvern's model would both fix the issue and be the sensible thing to do?

Right now Wyvern's hit box is his feet (or one of them) while the entire head, body and wings are completely ignored as far as hit box goes >.

Haven't harpoons always had issues with hitting targets at certain angles. It's sort of the regular problem. At times it was doesn't lead targets, then they lead the target too much. Fired at ogre's belly shooting over everything, fired over goblin head, fired over kobold head, fired under wyvern, couldn't lead targets on verticle scale.

They have been working on them constantly. Your best bet is to make sure your harpoon isn't dealing with targets on a verticle scale still. If the target is going up or down stairs, or flying up or down, then you might have trouble and might just want to use a different defense.

Can a TE dev please tell me, why don't they just increase the hit box of ALL monsters?

Jesus f. christ, just increase the god damn hit boxes of monsters - and if needed, the hit boxes of harpoons.

SIMPLEST SOLUTION EVER, and it would even be permanent.

Your solution is too logical and too easy. Since it hasnt been implemented yet, it likely never will be.

And while they are at fixing harpoons, they could repair the targeting. They are shooting at walls again -.-

i hate harpoons aiming and still useless app twrs, no alternative :(

Your solution is too logical and too easy. Since it hasnt been implemented yet, it likely never will be.
That's not the point. Enlarging the hit boxes would make these little pests also really easy to hit with, like, Piercing Shot. Currently you have to aim, then you'd just shoot 'somewhere in the direction of the kobolds'.

The solution named in the upcoming patch notes seems better to me:

[QUOTE]* Changed Harpoon Tower to aim at center-of-target, rather than with an aim-offset, resolving harpoon missing case
[/QUOTE]Solves the problem and doesn't make aiming with Piercing Shot completely obsolete.

Edit: Of course that would also be the case with BB-Turrets (hit-hit-hit instead of hit-graze-miss).

Oh, I just noticed the Patch Notes. Thank you very much Trendy for listening! I hope that will solve the issue.

i hate harpoons aiming and still useless app twrs, no alternative :(

Except app towers aren't useless. Especially vs. wyverns.

Not sure that it's an issue for just high-firing-rate harpoons. My g/f and I can't clear Karathiki because the harpoons refuse to hit wyverns, even when they're standing 5 in-game feet away in a slowing aura. The harpoons seem to just go right through them somehow.

Personally i guess the reason they don't increase hitboxes is that they're somehow tied to pathing, so having a hitbox as big as the model would cause further clogging issues. (Dunno why they don't decouple the two functions tho, it would seem more logical)

Except app towers aren't useless. Especially vs. wyverns.

so wrong.
MM dps too low and projectile speed low, DST low dps with 8 DU cost - useless in 90% setups

so wrong.
MM dps too low and projectile speed low, DST low dps with 8 DU cost - useless in 90% setups

So wrong.
They work fine for me even into late NM waves. Although agreed on the DST. DST is useless on wyverns, but not useless in 90% of setups.
Useless in 90% of the public setups you see that everybody insists on using. Doesnt mean they are useless on good mixed setups that know where to use them properly.
And sorry.. MM >>>>>> Harpoons for anti-air to get the same effect for half the DU.

Yeah, I died on NM Kathikiri (was finally hoping I could beat it solo so I could do the survival on it) - to this exact issue with wyverns. I positioned a damn harpoon facing each spawn directly, and they still got to it. Wave 14/14, halfway through, I watch a wyvern on the map fly straight at the crystal (I died at this point, hardcore) - the harpoon shooting at it kept missing until it landed the one finishing blow. I really shouldn't have to sacrifice my defenses just to put an anti-wyvern ensnare (if it'll even reach, the angle they attack from is ridiculously high!), and appreciate the (hopefully) upcoming fix.

I tried start wave 13 on Summit recently and seeing the same issue where with some wyverns, the harpoons fire a stream of projectiles and all of them miss and let the wyverns through. However, my harpoons eventually hit about 3/4 of them, so I think it is an angle issue. (Note: they are not buffed by guardian nor buff beam). I've been building on the posts on the side of the crystal, so I'll try putting them on the ground next time. I'll get a screenshot when I attempt this again.

Edit:
Upcoming 7.29 patch notes:
* Changed Harpoon Tower to aim at center-of-target...