Gunslinger not really 12 SPS

I did the math and I came across the problem that the Gunslingers GatlingGun says it hans 12 shots per second, well like I said I did the math and its 30k DPS short.. Anybody like to help me out here? is it post patch or is this problem been going on before the patch?

I did the math and I came across the problem that the Gunslingers GatlingGun says it hans 12 shots per second, well like I said I did the math and its 30k DPS short.. Anybody like to help me out here? is it post patch or is this problem been going on before the patch?
It will be fixed in next weeks patch along with another 100 added to the base damage.

It will be fixed in next weeks patch along with another 100 added to the base damage.

Really? I really doubt TE will take the time to fix one Gun, When they have a lot more stuff to fixed.

It's not going to be fixed. This is just an example of people not knowing the limitations of items.

Just because you make it appear to have 3000 shots per second on the weapon, doesn't mean it will.

Not a bug or glitch, working as intended.

Really? I really doubt TE will take the time to fix one Gun, When they have a lot more stuff to fixed.

Not just that gun,I have a gun with 13 SBS but it only shoots 9.

Thats good to know, i will keep that in mind next time i get past 9SPS on a weapon

Gunslinger dont worth anything now

the gunslinger is still a good weapon and yes we know it only shoots 9 sps the 12 is just for looks also the junior judge does not swing as fast as a t26 as planed. basically all event weapons are limited in some way not all but some.

the gunslinger is still a good weapon and yes we know it only shoots 9 sps the 12 is just for looks also the junior judge does not swing as fast as a t26 as planed. basically all event weapons are limited in some way not all but some.

So capt lied to us with the stats? hm... interesting.

Wher you get a gun with 13SPS?

I'm sorry you're sad that the gunslinger isn't awesome enough for you, so here's a picture of my pug dogs to make up for it:

thank you for your time.

It's not going to be fixed. This is just an example of people not knowing the limitations of items.

Just because you make it appear to have 3000 shots per second on the weapon, doesn't mean it will.

Not a bug or glitch, working as intended.

I agree that it likely won't be fixed but It is still very mistleading and shouldn't be described as "working as intended". The weapons descriptions state "shots per second", not something vague like "attack speed rating". Shot per second is unambiguous and should accurately describes the... wait for it... number of shots fired per second!
The most misleading part is that the number listed and the actual number of shots per second is not a straight conversion that could be applied to see the actual number. On a blasticus, 8 means 8. On a soul focuser, 8 means 7.5. On a crystal tracker, 6 means like 4... (a whole 66% of the listed value). If at least it was the same across the board, that stat would not be so misleading (it would still require a renaming though)
As it is, it's like having a 100 damage stat on a gun do 90 dmg, while another gun type with the very same 100 would do a mere 70. Guns (and all weapons really) have stats screen so you can compare them at a glance, having hidden (and counteruititive) factors that render this process impossible completely defeats the purpose of a stat screen in the first place.

we knew from the get go it wasn't 12 sps thats what we wanted but the cap for the stat on a gatling gun is 9

Well, of you knew it wasn't really 12sps why did you put it in stone? Not really helping the community much there. Jus sayin.

I agree that it likely won't be fixed but It is still very mistleading and shouldn't be described as "working as intended". The weapons descriptions state "shots per second", not something vague like "attack speed rating". Shot per second is unambiguous and should accurately describes the... wait for it... number of shots fired per second!
The most misleading part is that the number listed and the actual number of shots per second is not a straight conversion that could be applied to see the actual number. On a blasticus, 8 means 8. On a soul focuser, 8 means 7.5. On a crystal tracker, 6 means like 4... (a whole 66% of the listed value). If at least it was the same across the board, that stat would not be so misleading (it would still require a renaming though)
As it is, it's like having a 100 damage stat on a gun do 90 dmg, while another gun type with the very same 100 would do a mere 70. Guns (and all weapons really) have stats screen so you can compare them at a glance, having hidden (and counteruititive) factors that render this process impossible completely defeats the purpose of a stat screen in the first place.

I think you have missed my point completely. I'll explain it again.

Just because something says "12 shots per second" does not mean it will. These weapons were created by players with a limited understanding of the in game mechanics, and consequently has led to this problem. It's not a bug.

It might as well say 100 shots per second.

The weapon is working as intended, people just get carried away with stats.

I also want to point out, the training dummies in the tavern are not accurate.

Just because something says "12 shots per second" does not mean it will. These weapons were created by players with a limited understanding of the in game mechanics, and consequently has led to this problem. It's not a bug.

Why did you let them have 12 sps when its really 9? Just asking since its kinda lying to us in the long run.
EDIT: yes they are, I always hit the same on dummies as i do on enemies, another misleading thought to give us.

I will respond in kind and say that I think you have also missed my point. I am not even talking about this weapon in particular or even any weapon manually upgraded by the player. You can find a random crystal tracker with 5 shot per second and its actual attack speed will not be 5 attack per seconds, but 3.5 I believe. Additionally, if you find a crossbow for example with 5 attacks per second, it will attack must faster than your 5 attack per second crystal tracker (both unupgraded, non "created" by players). Also, I never said I was relying solely on the training dummies to calculate shots per seconds. There are far more accurate ways like emptying a 100 shots clips and timing how long does that take (without the reload). You could even record a video of the gun firing and analyze how many frames it takes to fire 100 shots if you wanted even more precision.

The point is:
1) The stat labeled "shots per second" is misleading and should be renamed to something like "attack speed" if it doesn't describe just that: "attacks per second".
2) Even with a renaming, the stat is also modified by a hidden attribute unique to every weapon type which the player has no way of knowing outside of heavy experimentations, which defeats the purpose of displaying a stat in the first place. I'll take my earlier example again: would you deem it as an accurate and "working as intended" stat screen if you had 8 weapons all with 100 atk power that all did a different amount of damage per shot? We might as well forego stat screen entirely if the listed attributes cannot serve as a uniform measuring stick for performance.