Can we tone down the traps before I have a seizure?
Seriously 2-4 traps stacked going off non-stop is unbarebale

Gas/Darkness traps generally aren't too bad (note: I play on low graphics. I forget how they look on High), but agreed that Inferno traps need to be toned down. And the explosion effect changed on Proxies would be nice too, they always make me think a kobold got behind me somehow. :kobold:

Magic missile and fireball app turrets could use a tone down option as well. Once you get decentish turret speed or have a few huntress guardians you just get a sea of pulsing bright light when you get a few in the same area!

Tone down or not, or just an option to toggle of the sound/soften the graphics of the traps/towers?

I want more.. more flashy's please..

People who have (REAL) medical issues have software that reduces this allready.
Dont force things on people, make it optional, so the weak hearted can turn it off.

I want more.. more flashy's please..

People who have (REAL) medical issues have software that reduces this allready.
Dont force things on people, make it optional, so the weak hearted can turn it off.

made me lol, aslong as it's an option

Tone down or not, or just an option to toggle of the sound/soften the graphics of the traps/towers?

Both of these options exist, turn your graphics to low and the volume down?

Give us a button that activates a slider that will change the transparency of traps and lower the sound they are making. Then we could toggle it all the way down to say 10% and everything else like the mobs, environment, loot and characters graphics stay the same. Okay, that probably isn't doable at all, but it sounds cool in my head.

I play with adept+huntress and I dont know how im not blind yet. Putting graphical settings on low makes NO difference, it just reduces overrall graphical quality.

Really need an option to turn off defence effects, should be really easy to add too.

At least the sound can be disabled.

Both of these options exist, turn your graphics to low and the volume down?

As I said before, I already play on Low graphics (for the record, out of preference, not because of technical reasons), and Inferno traps are absolutely blinding. So are FBs if you put more than 1 or 2 in the same area.

I agree. I would love to disable trap effects. I don't mind (and actually like towers that shoot like harpoons / magic missiles). But the trap effects are absolutely blinding. Esp when in survival your facing walls to repair most of the time and you have traps on the other side of the wall. Drives me crazy.

Inferno is the worst, but I'm also going blind from poison traps and trying to see if any eggs / green's dropped. I would love a setting to disable or significantly tone down huntress trap effects.

Magic missile and fireball app turrets could use a tone down option as well. Once you get decentish turret speed or have a few huntress guardians you just get a sea of pulsing bright light when you get a few in the same area!

Definitely needs to be an option. Some of us aren't seizure-prone and want to retain the higher-quality graphics effects.
Or possibly just tone them down further on lower graphics settings and leave them as they are on high. Heh.

I play with adept+huntress and I dont know how im not blind yet. Putting graphical settings on low makes NO difference, it just reduces overrall graphical quality.

Really need an option to turn off defence effects, should be really easy to add too.

At least the sound can be disabled.

Reducing the overall quality also reduces particle effects. Makes big difference on traps for me, but I play on High anyways because I see through them just fine.

I shouldn't have to turn down my graphics to make it so I can play without my eyes being strained. I don't have a problem with traps, but last time I played with an app I literally had to put sunglasses on because of their fire towers.

I shouldn't have to turn down my graphics to make it so I can play without my eyes being strained. I don't have a problem with traps, but last time I played with an app I literally had to put sunglasses on because of their fire towers.

An option to reduce particle effects as is being requested IS an option to turn down your graphics.. >.o Just only a specific part of them. Besides, it was only an 'until they actually put a good option in' answer.. It's not like I said 'TURN DOWN YOUR GRAPHICS AND DEAL WITH IT HAHAHAHAHA!"

i see no difference between low and high. i could care less for particle effects when my whole fkin screen is covered in flames.

i cant even see what im shooting at.

i see no difference between low and high. i could care less for particle effects when my whole fkin screen is covered in flames.

i cant even see what im shooting at.

The flames ARE particle effects, so either you care about them or you don't.. It can't be 'I care about the flames but not the particle effects' as that's just contradicting itself.. Any sort of 'emitter' that is pumping out small, cloned graphics every half a second is a particle effect. And I see a noticable difference. More than likely your video card is just set to scale video settings down itself so even with 'high' game settings, you are still getting a cutback.

A button to toggle particles off and on would be dandy. I usually like seeing the pretty effects, but they're so distracting when looking at dropped items, and the occasional manually targeted repair.

I agree, the inferno trap should be changed to have a molten ground effect instead of 10 foot high walls of fire. Luckily the games i play people don't use traps all that much and if they do they are usually in places i don't normally go since i mainly play a barb so i am usually killing ahead of the defenses, so it doesn't effect me much.

A button to toggle particles off and on would be dandy. I usually like seeing the pretty effects, but they're so distracting when looking at dropped items, and the occasional manually targeted repair.

Button toggle would actually be great yeah. They don't bother me in combat phases most of the time, but annoy the crap out of me when the build phase starts and they keep going for the next 32.78 hours.

The particle effects don't seem that bad from where I stand, but I remember trying to fight to get to a trans drop when and all I can say is that, from standing inside one of those things, it is crazy. Maybe it could tone down the effects more the closer to Ground Zero you are, as that's where you need to see things more from?

If you turn PostProcessing off in your settings it would fix half of the issues with the projectiles & explosions being too bright and colourful.

However, even after that ... they need to be toned down.