Sign in to follow this  
Immortal-D

Brainstorming: new community events

While Holiday stuff from Trendy is amusing, my favorite gaming events are organized by the community :) Some of you may remember the big give-away I hosted before becoming a Moderator. Would you like to see that again? We could have obstacle courses and stuff, akin to console events. Another possibility is a mapping contest, or general art design. I know that Trendy heartily approves of modding, we just don't see it often. What other kinds of collaborations or special events would you like to see? Sky's the limit, so share your thoughts! :D

Another giveaway would be cool. Building on the event idea, you could do something with some of the lesser played PVP maps, or the new tower defense map.

I appreciate the offer c10ud, I just might take you up on that :) As for PvP, I hadn't even considered it, but I do like that idea. Make everyone fight nekkid, as a true test of skill :p

Lets make it more interesting, PVP Naked acept for 1 wep?
And the points to 78 Distrubuted, think it would be interesting.

EDIT: Immortal beat me to it :P

a lottery would be good. Entry: 1 token etc :)
While we certainly could host a lottery, that doesn't seem especially exciting. The idea is to get people involved.

I think a Player-vs-Player tournament would be pretty cool indeed. Give-aways are also really good for pulling in a crowd, so I would assume that that should be on the agenda.

Original ideas... hmm, I've got none, apologies.

I think PvP would probably be the best, it can pull in a large crowd, while the other Ideas are great they dont have wide enough appeal in my opinion.

Back to PvP (8v8)
1st: 4 Tokens
2nd: 3 Tokens
3rd: 3 Tokens
4th: 2 Tokens
5th: 1 Tokens
6th: 1 Token
7th: 1 Token
8th: 1 Token

Total Cost 32 Tokens :) Entry fee is 2 Tokens.

You guys are all about the PvP, lol. What about art, or mapping, or trivia & obstacle courses?

How bout events for mapping obstacle course maps that you could use for events.

I believe the most popular item from console events was essentially a jumping puzzle. The host would set up blockades in one of the larger maps, and whomever could run the course fastest would win. However, since we have access to the SDK, we could create a literal 'hot lava' obstacle map. Another category for a mapping contest, maybe.

Sounds like a good plan, that obstacle course! Can you make an obstacle course we can fight PvP on? :p And I think maybe you could have a mana token priced entry, and the winner gets all the mana tokens entered for that game?

Sounds like a good plan, that obstacle course! Can you make an obstacle course we can fight PvP on? :p And I think maybe you could have a mana token priced entry, and the winner gets all the mana tokens entered for that game?
It's like The Running Man, except with Tokens, lol.

Wow that sounds awesome. Kinda like gives me the memorys of the old WoW times back, where everb did jumping and obstacle courses in the private servers.
I would be 100% for an obstacle map with a leaderboard system.

After watching an extra life charity stream a bit over the weekend, was thinking about some sort of egg charity drive since people are going for costumes/chickens. Possibly giving incentives for people to donate by giving out eggs with donations, and giving people a place to donate their unused eggs for a good cause. Help the community do something good.

However, I don't know if this would be too close to RMT to be considered and would be frowned upon.

So apparently we are Sticky-worthy :D While we could certainly use Eggs as prizes, I don't think we're like to see many donations thereof.

Another possibility is a mapping contest, or general art design.

What do you mean exactly by general art design?

What do you mean exactly by general art design?
To be honest, I wasn't thinking about specifics. Could be fan art, new character skins, a texture pack, etc.