Son, I am dissapoint...

Lol with the nerf to squires, or rather "bug fix", I've been needing an EV to do MM NM HC to buff my towers since before I was doing 140k, and now w/ 100+ to my tower atk, I still only do 75k. Perhaps this isn't much of a factor for ppl who do alot of online play but I play solo because I'm tired of being kicked, and now I can't even do that without having to buy the EV. On top of that, I can't even progress anymore because the loot has been stupid lately, all being rendered useless.

Screw it, I'll just play LoL until GW2 comes out because as soon as pt 3 and 4 come out, I bet there will be a few more heroes to buy and nerfs to come to justify extra puchases. I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Are you stupid? Host your own games. Also, the game was harder before the squire nerf. The nerf to DEWs and djinn more than made up for it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people have any idea how much effort it would take to make a game like this? The models, textures, music, game dynamics... Geez. And you can't cough up $1.50? A friggin' Big Mac meal costs $5.

Can't believe how dissatisfied people are. I'm in South Africa and I have to pay an exchange rate of 8:1 and I'm glad to fork out for what is cheaper than a litre of petrol that I ride out in 10 minutes. Considering the time I'm getting from this game every cent is worth it.

Oh nos.. My 1.49... Keep em comming Trendy, buck fifty for a map is great if it means I don't have to constantly run the same map over and over and over and over.

I'm still waiting for people to realize that Trendy owns the game and can decide the costs, or lack thereof, of any extra content.

If you don't agree with how they are handling something don't buy it.
It's easy to complain instead of taking action.

Honestly I've paid more for less with other games and I'm still awestruck that Trendy is selling extra content, hell even the core game, for such a low price.

It's amazing. One of these things pops up every time a DLC comes out.

So far there have only been 2 DLC purchases that I would have considered a must, everything else is incredibly optional (not to mention cheap). Those 2 would be, the complete shards pack (for the higher ends maps + NM) as well as the Series EV which does add a lot of change to the current strats.

Everything else is not needed. Warping core, AMP, Gender swap, Pax skins, Karathiki, and city in the cliffs.

For those of us that have been with DunDef since the beginning the occasional 2-4$ OPTIONAL DLC really isn't expensive if you happen to want it and won't be missed if you don't want it.

For new players though looking at all the DLC can be intimidating mostly just because they don't know how much of it is really needed to achieve a worthwhile end game group of characters. This is the only thing that makes all this DLC seem bad to me. But for me to toss the money I could have spent on a vending machine red bull or gatorade at a game thats given me well over 400+ hours of entertainment every few weeks to a month or so, thats not an issue.

Just for those of you hoping to skip out of spending money on D3, you're nuts. 60 bucks for the game, you know they will have at least 1 expac at around 40, they have a real money run AH that is designed to nickel and dime, and I bet vanity items will pop up from time to time. This game will most likely cost 100 minimum and for those using the real money AH or looking into vanity items that can go much higher. I'm not saying blizzard or D3 are evil. I just want people to level with themselves and understand what the gaming industry is and how things are working. Hell I pre ordered the over priced collector's edition, because it comes with a copy of 2 games I already own on a flash drive thats smaller than the one I use.

Too all people who think we can't spare the tree fiddy!

We can.

The problem here is that we spend tree fiddy last week on a new hero. Before that we spend tree fiddy on another DLC. And another tree ****ing fiddy before that. And before that...

My point is.. I need about tree fiddy!

We can.

The problem here is that we spend tree fiddy last week on a new hero. Before that we spend tree fiddy on another DLC. And another tree ****ing fiddy before that. And before that...

Sneeky Loch ness monster.

Okay, let's sum it all up:

Difference between the Karathiki and Clifftown DLC - There is none

Karathiki Jungle is free because Trendy decided to GIVE IT FOR FREE in the ETERNIA COMPLETE PACK. I'm pretty sure that the Eternia Complete Pack was originally only suppose to contain the 1-4 lost shard packs. But no, Trendy wanted to give us more value for our money and added in some extras.

And honestly, complaining about a mere 1.49 for an extra map, a challenge, a skin among other things. How much playtime do you get out of those 1.49? A whole freaking lot I tell you.

Trendy gave you something for free once, don't think you're entitled to everything they make just because you bought one DLC pack, which as stated before only was intended for the Quest for the Lost Eternia Shard Part 1-4.

We can.

I would like to hear your take on paying for food, which is a necessity, and you need it about every day. Do you protest outside grocery stores and gas stations?

I would like to hear your take on paying for food, which is a necessity, and you need it about every day. Do you protest outside grocery stores and gas stations?
No, but I also don't buy eggs and milk for an extra dollar over the competition simply because it costs money to run a grocery store. I don't spend an extra $0.30 per gallon of gas at a station when I can just go across the street and get it for less.

it is annoying though how basically ALL of the new addons for the game are all DLC's. So after paying money for the game, if we want the other half we need another 10$. Then if we want to be able to do stuff, another 4$ for ev, then maps and now this. it is a way to make money, but id rather have more ingame content

I'm a teacher. I get overtime once a week for tutoring time after school, and, I should. I'm a professional with a fairly unique skill set + knowledge as well as a lot of experience and years developing my craft. I have a base salary, but, do get paid for some of my extra duties that I choose to do.
Now, many times, students need some extra help, or, even just want to hang out and talk science, but, there is no more overtime available. According to your logic, I should turn them away because I am not getting paid, or, help them, but, stop accepting overtime for my scheduled tutoring hours.
Or, when there is money in the overtime budget available, my admin offers it as overtime. When there isn't, I have time, and, students are in need, I will help them out of the goodness of my heart.

It seems to me this is a comparable situation. Sometimes Trendy, a company that needs to make money to continue, run by people with lives and bills to pay, have time to create content that they are generous enough to give to us for free for various reasons. Other times, as trained professionals, they ask that we compensate them for their work when they go beyond the main requirements of the product they sold us, which, in this case, was 4 maps for the eternia quest. They continue to develop those maps and support them with updates and improvements.

For over a month, the only map worth playing to get decent gear was Misty HCMM survival, and, you didn't get good gear until past wave 20. Now, I have multiple options and it takes less time to get to waves where good gear drops. I don't see how this isn't worth paying more money for, and, I have chosen to do so. I like the new skin, it was worth it. The map is smaller (possibly in response to people complaining that the new maps were too expansive), so, it seems like it will be worth it for many people.

And, I do spend more money on some food. I will buy produce from local farms for more money because I consider it to be apremium item and find it tastes better than the cheap mass produced stuff I buy at the grocery store. It seems like that is comparable to buying premium DLC content that goes above and beyond the basics.