works like charm. Started from wave 24 without any problems. Sure, not all can be 5 star from beginning, but the importent things can be upgraded to at least 1 star ( walls,dps towers). So please dont complain. This is the best feature since release

It's not a bad idea. I never had a problem with the idea. Just a terribly implemented idea.

i fail to see how its a terribly implemented idea..

1.the person has to beat that wave to be able to start on it.

2.you get more mana from the chests, but not nearly as much as you would starting at 1-8, thus making it harder.

3.if the person got carried to a higher wave but hasn't go good enough gear they cant do anything by them selves they cant skip up on dropped loot because they have to beat a wave before loot starts dropping.

i want some reasoning behind why you think its badly implemented?
its not hold-your-hand mode.. its time saving mode.
though the other guy who complaind at you wasnt nice about it >.>
but for someone to start at wave 25+ and win, ofcourse they can do 1-24

works like charm. Started from wave 24 without any problems. Sure, not all can be 5 star from beginning, but the importent things can be upgraded to at least 1 star ( walls,dps towers). So please dont complain. This is the best feature since release

Yeah. I think it might just be.

i fail to see how its a terribly implemented idea..

1.the person has to beat that wave to be able to start on it.

2.you get more mana from the chests, but not nearly as much as you would starting at 1-8, thus making it harder.

3.if the person got carried to a higher wave but hasn't go good enough gear they cant do anything by them selves they cant skip up on dropped loot because they have to beat a wave before loot starts dropping.

i want some reasoning behind why you think its badly implemented?
its not hold-your-hand mode.. its time saving mode.
though the other guy who complaind at you wasnt nice about it >.>
but for someone to start at wave 25+ and win, ofcourse they can do 1-24

Eh, I've gone over it far too many times to do it again. Including counter-points to 2 of those 3 and not really being concerned about #2. You can re-read my answers in this thread if you like, but I'm not repeating myself for the 3rd or 4th time. If you have anything else you want to chime in to try to convince me it's a good change, more power to ya, I just wouldn't count on it happening. Just like I don't expect to change your mind about it either.

Not like I'm going to quit over a game moving towards hand-holding. I kept playing WoW even after Cataclysm. I was just hoping Trendy wouldn't fall into the same trap of making everything easier every single patch that every game does now.

Posts confusing usability with difficulty.

Saving the user seven hours of drooling at their computer screen (or more likely AFK) does not make survival any easier, it makes it more usable.

Saving the user seven hours of drooling at their computer screen (or more likely AFK) does not make survival any easier, it makes it more usable.

Whatever you wanna tell yourself. That's your take on it, not mine.

Don't worry. Even though they added the feature in, you can keep wasting extra hours running it from the beginning. Unlike games like WoW where they decreased the XP cost to level for everyone, Trendy is kindly leaving the original survival mode in so you can waste as many hours of your life as you want playing on the easy waves to get to the hard waves while people who actually have things to do with their time can play how they want.

Even if you do consider it hand-holding (I do not) nobody's forcing you to use the feature. Not to mention, as has been pointed out so many times, it's harder to start at wave 24 and finish than it is to start at wave 8 and finish. Another perspective is that it's the opposite of hand holding since better stats are necessary to start at later waves and still win, and thus maybe starting at later waves should have better rewards. It's a bit of a compromise to leave the rewards untouched, really.

But, as I said, don't worry, nobody's forcing you to hold hands. Feel free to play it the old way.

I think the point of this thread is lost and has become a nico vs everyone else. As the author of the thread the point was simple: my personal thanks to Trendy for a great game and for a great patch that gives a new dimension to survival play. I think it's fabulous and I'm saying a big thank you. If you don't support my thanks to Trendy don't post here - rather start your own thread.
My thanks are in and mods are welcome to close the thread.