Patch Discussion 7.28

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a long standing problem and has annoyed me since I started playing. Traps used to take priority over auras, even when the auras were in danger of collapse. Repair auto-targeting should prioritize units with lower percentages of health remaining over units with higher percentages of health, not Unit A taking priority over Unit B. That's just plain lazy programming.

* Genie King mini-Djinn are no longer targetable by Towers (since they can't take damage from Towers anyway)

I report this and days later you fix it, you really are a bunch of magnificent *******s sometimes.

This has been a long standing problem and has annoyed me since I started playing. Traps used to take priority over auras, even when the auras were in danger of collapse. Repair auto-targeting should prioritize units with lower percentages of health remaining over units with higher percentages of health, not Unit A taking priority over Unit B. That's just plain lazy programming.

How about the MOST damaged tower/aura/trap/whatever being targeted first.

How about the MOST damaged tower/aura/trap/whatever being targeted first.

That's what I said? "lower percentages of health remaining" = "most damaged". If a wall has 100,000hp and has 50,000hp remaining (50%), it has technically taken more damage than a tower with 2000hp total and only 800hp remaining (40%). Which would you want to have priority for repairing?

wow, no way to control spiders after this patch. That's really dumb. I cannot believe one of the "beta testers" didn't report that. I noticed it immediately. I wonder how many of these things that get fixed in patch 7.xxA, B, C... are actually present in the "beta test" and which just sneak in due to sloppy programming/build practices.

REALLY dislike the changes to being able to heal stuff that has minimal damage done to it, it makes repairing my wall on OMF a pain in the *** because it snaps to traps missing a single charge or my aura thats missing like 10HP instead of my Series EV wall thats at like 80% HP and manually targeting that wall isn't an easy task. If it was changed to snap to stuff that is missing more HP instead of prioritizing auras and traps it would be OK, but as it stands it sucks.

Also Id like to suggest a change for looking at the stats of Auras and Traps, could it be changed so you have to look at the floating icon signifying the type of aura/trap and hit E to see the stats instead of looking at any part of them? It makes it really difficult to see the stats of any towers that are around traps/auras since they are huge and even though I am looking right at a tower the game seems to think Im looking at the trap/aura instead.

yes, drain about to go down inside of ensnare aura and all I could do was repair the ensnare, like 5 times in 1 second, glad it wasn't fully upped yet, that was the only solution at that time...glad they are there and releasing another patch tonight!
game breaking bugs sitting over the weekend really suck... please get this fixed :)

<3
* Repair now only targets Towers that have lost more than 5% of their life, as it was before

REALLY dislike the changes to being able to heal stuff that has minimal damage done to it, it makes repairing my wall on OMF a pain in the *** because it snaps to traps missing a single charge or my aura thats missing like 10HP instead of my Series EV wall thats at like 80% HP and manually targeting that wall isn't an easy task. If it was changed to snap to stuff that is missing more HP instead of prioritizing auras and traps it would be OK, but as it stands it sucks.

Also Id like to suggest a change for looking at the stats of Auras and Traps, could it be changed so you have to look at the floating icon signifying the type of aura/trap and hit E to see the stats instead of looking at any part of them? It makes it really difficult to see the stats of any towers that are around traps/auras since they are huge and even though I am looking right at a tower the game seems to think Im looking at the trap/aura instead.

* Genie King mini-Djinn are no longer targetable by Towers (since they can't take damage from Towers anyway)

I report this and days later you fix it, you really are a bunch of magnificent *******s sometimes.

We're always watching to fix things people report. :) I would like to point out to people on this note that if you have a bug that isn't listed here under the known issues or isn't crazy commonly talked about(good example: harpoon targeting) please post it under game issues: http://forums.trendyent.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Report-a-Game-Issue

Even if you think it's just a small bug please make a report. More reports the better and we read them all under game issues. If you can include reproducible steps too that's even more awesome. There are some really rare bugs out there that only happen in certain setups and we'd love to fix them but if we don't know about them we can't investigate them.

Thanks! :)

Started a Mistymire and as soon the forge seem to be bugging out when you got a trap nearby. Can't activate it due to the trap information showing up instead.

Same problem here. For me at the Alch. Labs :(

Bug found with Reflection-Beams

Found the bug that i cant Reapair or Upgrade my Reflection-Beams and there are useless against Projectiles.

Confirmed: Reflect walls are broken. They take up DU but do nothing, can't be sold, can't be upgraded, etc.

Tentative/confirmed: Buggered up call to arms on countress. My run speed does not increase when activated (only tested on NM)... not sure if anything else about call to arms is buggered.

Confirmed: Harpoon aiming is totally better! Nice job :D

Thankyou very much for the intro movie sound reduction! Much much better now =) Off to see if mana bomb is any better now ;) (or... any excuse to play a while =D)

Movie Reduction: Where 25% SFX takes over 100% Music. Suuuuure...

Ever thought about placing the little jingle between waves in the MUSIC category, not SFX?

Yeah me too and it was so weird even in wave 29 on some pristine and plate myths

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Still crashing after update parts A,B,C.

System crashes only with Dungeon Defenders. Running the game on Low, Window Mode, 800x600, will post specs after the text, but they are surely more than enough to run the game. Searched the internet and all possible forums for solutions. Reinstalled drivers, tried .ini low-end configs, nothing works.

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC (Mobile)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Service Pack [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
DirectX DirectX 11.0
Computer Name XXXXXX
User Name XXXXXX
Logon Domain [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Date / Time 2012-04-09 / 18:25

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T4300, 2100 MHz (10.5 x 200)
Motherboard Name Philco PHN10XXX
Motherboard Chipset Intel Cantiga PM45
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Smart Modular SG564568FG8NWKFSQR [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type AMI (06/01/09)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (512 MB)
Video Adapter ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (512 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (M96)
Monitor AU Optronics B156XW02 V0 [15.6" LCD]

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC269 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
Disk Drive SAMSUNG HM320JI (320 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N (DVD+R9:6x, DVD-R9:6x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

I'm also seeing a lot more armors with negative resists. Used to be once in a while I'd see a negative generic resist. Now it's multiple times a wave.

With the update including the achievement: Transcendent Survivalist, is there any chance the original maps (Deeper Well-Glitterhelm Cavern) will be rebalanced length wise to match the dlc; or at least close to it? Currently it takes way too long to do the original maps, even with the survival starting places being wherever you last reached, it still takes quite some time to complete a single wave.
So just curious if there are any plans to rebalance that..

Misty still has random things going on with crystals on late survival waves --

Central-North Crystal: No enemies near North crystal, genie sitting on top of reflection wall in front of crystal doing nothing, crystal goes down 80% instantly. We moved the reflection wall away from the crystal a bit and it didn't happen again in the rest of the waves we played. I think a Harpoon probably hit the reflect and counted as 'enemy' damage.

Central-West Crystal: No clue what happened here, just randomly took 40% damage from nothing. Only spiders were near it, and I don't think they damage the crystal.

All the rest seemed fine. Probably an issue with reflection wall on Central-North + I have no clue about Central-West.

i can confirm this, on wave 15 crystal died again without something being breached...

+ djinns can get stuck in the rock again, harpoons try and hit it but eventually the'll fail offcourse
http://steamcommunity.com/id/t0mz0r/screenshot/558687403793273010?tab=public

for the city in cliff, wyverns mechanic is broken, at the lowest 'open' crystal it seems the're invinsible seriously, fix it.
also unlock Y-axis completely :S you can't aim at really high targets wtf.

Yesterday i played Mysti and get toons of Armor like this:

If there a reason why the resistance of armor is so bad now?

Please fix this. Misty only drops ALOT of unlucky stuff. Not worth to do it anymore

Harpoons are broken trendy, fix them.

it seems that '* Improved Harpoon Turret turning speed and pinpointed their capability to hit flying units'

just have made it even worse.