Buff beam stat cap in NM

Is there a cap on the level of the buff beam on NM?
EG, I know the monk STR caps at 36%, or whatever it is.

The reason why I"m asking is why dump more mana into base damage stat if I don't have to.

thanks!

It doesn't have a real cap (code confirmed in DDDK), but it scales incredibly slowly. I've heard of people getting about 2.20 damage boost out of it at best, and mine gets to 2.05 with barely over 500 tower damage.

It's not enough an improvement for me to bother, right now. If it changed in NM the same way ensnare does, I would, though.

Good info!

i'm trying to build out a new tower set, just not sure who gets it, then once that is figured, need to figure out what stats.

I have 2 EV's. One with 600 tower damage and one with 1500 tower damage. The 1500 tower damage EV has a BUNCH of upgrades (everything is at level 1). My idea was I can get that number pretty darn close to 3k.

I hope at least the difference between 600 -> 3K is noticeable?

ps
1 EV is a waller so everything is in HP (but got to 600 tower base anyway)
2nd EV was going to be for tower buffing (other than base tower damage rest of stats can't go much over 600)

Yea I am curious to know as well, I have an EV waller with about 800 Tower Attack.

Would like to see what the difference is don't want to have a separate tower buffer if I don't need it.

Dragon, Dingle did provide the answer. It scales very poorly. I would seem if you have anything in the 600 range and use her as your active DPS char you'll be golden.
At least that is my current plan.

Dragon, Dingle did provide the answer. It scales very poorly. I would seem if you have anything in the 600 range and use her as your active DPS char you'll be golden.
At least that is my current plan.
I forget exactly which thread it was in, but with something like 600 tower attack, I had 2.07x damage, and at 2200, someone else had 2.21x

So, yeah. You're better off building buffs with your EV waller. An extra 10% damage is probably worth less than 20% resistance, especially since you can use a guard to push the boost where it's needed (hunter guards will give the best returns with buff beams).

In fact, I've started taking a monk instead of active builder now, because hero boost with a DPS pet, or tower boost more than make up for the lost 30% damage.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes pretty suyre,i just did a test. A poon whit 13436 dmg i buffed whit an EV whit 1300 twdmg and got buffed to 19506. I droped my pet (which is 430 twdmg less) and whit 833 twdmg the poon still got buffed up to 19116. So doing maths 430twdmg=400dmg reallY? When this is when u get it, 800 tw dmg is standar on DPS EV, so u just will need MAX twhp stats on your builder and use your EVDPS to place buffbeams or just use ur waller whit 800 tw dmg it wont be necesary to take points on tw dmg. Upgrading buff is worth, is around 2k aditional dmg.

• 3 weeks later...
I've known about the damage for awhile, but what about the rest?

Do they all scale the same?

I've known about the damage for awhile, but what about the rest?

Do they all scale the same?

I am also curious about this. Is it the same algorithm for all scaling?

I am also curious about this. Is it the same algorithm for all scaling?

I listed the scaling at the start of my tower buff beam thread and no, they don't scale the same.