Sign in to follow this  
NomarDll769

Introduce Yourself

One question: I earned the Smithy achievement in-game, but it's not on Steam? I dunno why that is...

That would be because you were either doing open online play, or local play. Achievements are only added to Steam through playing on the moderated TrendyNet option, found through online play. Bear in mind that you cannot cross characters from TrendyNet to Open, or otherwise. So you'll have to start from scratch with new characters.

Well guess I might just introduce myself too.

My name is Diego, i'm from Chile and just bought Dungeon Defenders, I'm 23 years old and I hope to meet some nice players around here.

That would be because you were either doing open online play, or local play. Achievements are only added to Steam through playing on the moderated TrendyNet option, found through online play. Bear in mind that you cannot cross characters from TrendyNet to Open, or otherwise. So you'll have to start from scratch with new characters.

Excellent. Thanks for that.

imadaman/su****llaii

Currently conscripted in Finnish Defence Forces. My knees are breaking on me. I like Stargate, Warhammer 40k, Firefly, MS Paint Adventures, Dragon Age series, and I was roleplaying with a group a game of Dark Heresy (a Warhammer 40k RPG), but that was put on hold on my part due to the conscription. I also like Doctor Who. And Jelly Babies and Mass Effect. I basically live on Facepunch forums. I also like X series by Egosoft. And both Deus Exs.

I don't really know what else to put here?

Favourite food's Lasagna and I live with a feline. No, not the band. Also Michael Guy Bowman is awesome. As is Toby Fox.

[quote](UK, Canada, offensive, racial slur) A ****stani, or, more generally and incorrectly used, a person who is perceived to be from South Asian or the Indian Subcontinent origin which is still considered offensive.[/quote]
Ah. Okay. My apologies if anyone is insulted by the middle part of one of my internet aliases.

Hello! :)

My adventure began with UO Defender, a tower defense game developed by the venerable Noxins, about which I heard while playing the game that inspired it (Ultima Online, or UO). It was, like Dungeon Defenders, an RPG/tower defense hybrid (dare I say, probably the first). UO Defender was built in Flash, and it paved the way for the Protector series of tower defense games, also built in Flash, where various stationary units (characters) with stats serve as "towers", to be placed on each map. Compared to DD, the Protector games are simplistic, and I always felt something(s) crucial was missing from the gameplay. Still, all the hours I spent playing these games were a testament to the humble beginnings of an awesome new genre.

Over the next couple of years I discovered a few other tower defense games. Hardly any of them interested me. Primarily being a fan of MMORPGs and RPG/FPS hybrids, I found them lacking in the persistent gameplay aspects that I enjoy investing in. During this time, only one game caught my interest, and that was Defense Grid: The Awakening. It was the first tower defense game to risk a real investment in production values, and it's still reaping the rewards from that leap of faith. But, even with its engaging gameplay, storyline, and achievements, not even Defense Grid was able to hold my interest for very long. It didn't have the aspects I enjoy the most in games--persistent characters, stats, items, and community.

Then, Dungeon Defenders came along. By this time, I had given up on the genre's ability to hold my interest. So it took a couple of months, until the Steam sale a few nights ago, for me to become persuaded to purchase DD. Now I'm glad I bought the game. Dungeon Defenders is a rare and excellent hybrid, the epitome of an emerging genre that has been on the tip of my tongue for a few years now. As a tower defense game, DD is exactly what I've been waiting for, ever since Noxins infused a simple tower defense game with RPG elements. Every persistent aspect I've missed in other titles has been built into the foundation of DD.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hello everyone! :)

I am Araquey. I just registered on the forums and I play a Countress level 70 on Dungeon Defenders.
Music is my passion and I like to play a game when I have some spare time.

If you want to play with me or just want to have a chat, just send me a message or add me on steam (profile name: Araquey).

Ciao! ;)

hi, names Dan from Canada i enjoy guitar,skateboarding snowboarding but most of all gaming :D if you have simple questions about dd that you aren't sure of pm me and ill try throw some information your way :-)

Hey, names Josh. Im a liscenesed pharmacy technition. Ive been playing games since i was very young. My first major game was Doom. This started my FPS rampage for the next several years. Ive been a fan of CoD games since the first incarnation on the PSX.
A friend of mine bought a bundle pack of Dungeon Defenders on sale from Steam a few weeks ago, since then Ive been hooked. I never figured I would like this type of game but there is an appeal to it. When A few of us get online and start hollering and throwing blame at each other for who lost the round, things still stay fun.

Have fun, Play hard,
Dark Shadowtek

If Trendy is a family, you guys and girls are my brothers and sisters. Ive felt your pain when things went awry. Ive shared your anxiety as we tried to fix things. And Ive been humbled by your joy and excitement as we tackled these things together.

For those of you who dont know who I am, Ill give you the brief summary. My name is Josh Isom. I'm 21 years old. I was an intern here at Trendy for six months helping Danford with the community side of things. I am a huge fan of Arbys roast beef sandwiches, I love sleeping in, and I miss exploring the outdoors. And like Danford, I love lists.

Current favorite music: My Morning Jacket, Otis Redding, Camera Obscura, Norma Jean

Current favorite movies: Amelie, Up, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Emperors New Groove

Current favorite books: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, About a Boy by Nick Hornby, Ringworld by Larry Niven

Current favorite place to eat: Despite what I said about Arby's, I have to go with Waffle House. Nothing beats a triple hashbrown with a side of sausage, biscuits and gravy.

The position of community manager means many different things to different companies, but for me, it means that I am here to serve you. If you have a question or an issue, feel free to shoot me a PM. I might not be able to answer every question, but Ill try.

I'm working on getting our community support better and more organized, but it's going to take awhile. I hope to see change soon, possibly even in two weeks' time.

You guys can also find me on my Twitter. Ill try to slide a few nuggets of information there when nobodys looking. :^)

Theres a ton of work to be done. But with the help of my fellow community comrades the lovely Laura, the stoic Steven (who just got hired, too!) and our new intern, Matt well put our noses to the grindstone and try to get things done.

Hello all!

My name is Marco, and I have recently become somewhat of a Dungeon Defenders addict (as well as to these forums). I thought it'd be about time to register here! Been playing for about a week or two now (only level 36 so far) and I play DD on the PS3.

Looking forward to reading, and hopefully contributing, to this fantastic community! :apprentice:

Introduction - TrendyGator Here! New CM Intern At Trendy!

Hey everyone! My name is Matt Arnold and I am a new community management intern at Trendy Entertainment. I have had experience with community management in the Gears of War community in the past and it is one of my passions. I will be helping to moderate the forums along with other community related tasks such as customer support. I look forward to meeting all of you! You can follow me on Twitter: @GearsGator

:squire:

Hiya! I've been playing for a very short time. I'm an anthropologist who studies MMO games and I work as a freelance MMO game reviewer. I've had a great deal of fun in the game. My name is Kyt -- which is why my handle is Kytsune. Greetings essentially from Arizona. :)

Wassap guy (:

My Name is Niklas, i am 18 and i dont have a job q_q.
I working for the ph Puplisher of Runesofmagic as Quality Assurance, but i do this for free. So no Money q_q

Playing DD now for 2 weeks i think. Around 200 hours. Mates helped me getting fast in the game.
I am highend MMO Player. And Ex Member of Delirium. The best Runes of Magic EU guild. Around 4 Worldfirsts, and so i dont have a problem with grind or strategy games.

I am living in Germany btw

Welcome. Don't let the locals get to you, they're mostly harmless.

And if they arent, give em a shot of pangalactic gargleblaster.

Welcome to the party.

I was always in to role playing, stratagy and other stuff form of games.. I also believe that heathy video games can teach you.
Also i'm new.

And if they arent, give em a shot of pangalactic gargleblaster.

Welcome to the party.

Is that a new weapon?? :skeleton:

Welcome Gator!

Hi everyone, my name is Akleptic but my DD ID is Zeldalink92.

I am just an average dude, I am going to go to college for the Culinary arts and hopefully become a chef!
I played Dungeon Defenders first on my iPod when it was on sale about two years ago. I got so intwined in that game, that when I got my iPod stolen I looked for it on my Ps3 with the hopes to find it but it hadn't come out yet, I think it came out recently and I immediately bought it.
Anyways for info on me you can ask! I will happily answer.
I hope to meet many of you and have good DD games.

Hello everyone, I'm Mystique aka Miss Midtsian (XBL).

Age; 23.
Sex; Female.
Location; Norway (Northern Europe).

Fairly new at gaming and I can't say I'm good at it. I try to have a good time though. ^_^
Nice to meet you all! And hopefully I'll meet and make a friend or two here.

:huntress: