Sign in to follow this  
NomarDll769

Introduce Yourself

I was thinking about it, and perhaps it would be nice to have an introduction thread.

I'll start. My name is Virgilio(v-hil-io)-a.k.a. NomarDll769. I'm currently making my way through my senior year of high school, and am hoping to get into college in January. I want to be a game developer; more specifically, a Game Artist. In my spare time I like to play guitar, bass and video games. I also enjoy learning new game design techniques, and applying them to content I created.

The reason I've come to these forums is to connect with the developers, the community, and to give feedback on a game I enjoy playing; Dungeon Defenders.

Heya!

In Josh, resident Tech Artist on Dungeon Defenders! I think we are twitter friends, your name sounds very familiar.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Im Marc, resident Quality Assurance guy on Dungeon Defenders! I think we are twitter friends, your name sounds very familiar.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

:monk:

Hi! I'm Eric, a gameplay programmer who has assisted with the UnrealScript programming aspects involved with Dungeon Defenders. I don't think we are Twitter friends, your name doesn't sound familiar to me at all.

Also looking forward to meeting everyone !

My name is Joakim and am a old school gammer that like to play alot of games. My online name Red.Jocke comes from the first game i was gona play online, Red Alert 2! I hade a hard time to pick name so my dad say why not take Red from Red Alert and put your name after?. and i like it.

Hi! My name is ant and i go by the name darksider because of my fanatical love for the game Darksiders, mostly for its art and story. I love a cartoony feeling game with a unique blend like this game! I play League of Legends often (this games art style reminds me a lot of that) and torchlight too.

I have been a long time gamer since i was a small lad! From Sonic 1 (Come on Sonic 4!!!) all the way to Dragon Age: Origins, i play a lot of games and i love to support indie/new developers, i own a great deal of indie dev games with a great idea and concept behind them with a team who looks genuinely passionate about there game! I am HUGE fan of tower defense games and games related to them (League of legends, DotA, Heroes of newerth).

I love role playing games (baldurs gate, icewind dale, DA:O).. more particularly hack n' slask, my favourite being the diablo series, playing every single one through and through. (Gah the painful wait for diablo 3 :(... ) As soon as i saw this posted on kotaku it sparked my intrigue instantly, as soon as i red about it and saw what it was about i pre-purchased through steam (in hind sight that was stupid, the devs get less money if i buy via steam :/). I have a PS3 and i am excited to play this with the move controls, i shall probably get it on that too lol. ^^

Anyways enough blabbering, this game looks kick ass and i can't wait to play it! =]

Hey all.

My name is Steve (aka Zeerimu), and like the rest of you, I have been gaming for quite a while. I refuse to use twitter. While I wait for Dungeon Defenders to release, I spend my time working, playing HoN, flying to D.C., and taking long walks on the beach. DD is a dream come true for me since I used to spend countless hours playing custom games on SC/WC3/TFT, and like HoN, the beauty in having a stand-alone game encompass all that was extremely limited by the Blizzard game mechanics is indescribable. It's nice to see that the community for DD is taking off so rapidly, even with minimal public advertisement and knowledge of the game.

Looking forward to playing with you all.

Virgilio!?! - I knew one of these days you would find me again. You worked with me on Fever as an off-site intern at Stratogon? It's great to see you again. Well, now that you found these forums you can already see what I've been working on for the past 8 months. Get your butt back on Skype and say hello sometime.

- And about me? - My name is Morgan and I'm the Lead Artist / Lead Level Designer for Dungeon Defenders. Jeremy Stieglitz and I met while working on contract with Epic Games to provide UDK-based mini demos (for those of you who have seen the UDK site, that was the original 4-week demo). Along with Josh, Brook, Alex and Jordan, we knew there was something special with the Dungeon Defense IP, and as a team we continued the development of the game and ourselves as a studio. So now 8 months later, we're happy to present Dungeon Defenders. Everyone on the Trendy team are extremely well-rounded, talented individuals - and we couldn't be here without them.

Hi everyone!

My name is Patrick Holm, and I'm an old school gamer from Denmark with a passion for programming. In my spare time I'm playing League of Legends, working on my upcoming IT support company, and dreaming of one day getting a chance to live & work in the US as Operations Director or even CIO for a nice company.

I don't know any of you already, but are looking forward to get to know you all!

Off-topic: Does DD have an IRC channel on Quakenet or something?

Cheers from Denmark!

Hi all :)

My name is Davey and go by Dyslexicdavey becomes well im dyslexic, really creative I know. Im in my last semester of college and thin in to the workforce. I have been gaming online for about 10 years and DD is one one of the few games I have been looking forward to in a long time.

Looking forward to fun times!
-Dyslexicdavey

Howdy everyone.

I am Pete, i've been going by famousmortimer online since about 93. Mad props to anyone who knows where I got it from.

I'm old. I have a videogame podcast... you can find it here: http://www.psnerds.com We talk about all types of games, but mostly indie stuff on the PC/PS3/360. Minecraft is my current addiction.

This game has me hyped beyond belief so im sure ill be lurking here quite a bit as november approaches. I'll also be giving some free press to this game to our 150 or so listeners, im sure :)

I'm Glenn, and I'm amazed it's taken my this long to find out about this game.

A law student from London, constantly on vent with a group of ex-WoW players just waiting for games like this to come along!

Nice to see so many LoL players here too! Guessing not too many playing on the European servers.

hello guys ;)

I'm Jerome, characters and UI designer, and 3D character modeler. I'm in trendy team since february and I work remotely from France (btw sorry for my bad english :p )
(I also used to play LoL sometimes... Annie powaaaa !! )

Hi im Marcus from sweden just like dyslexidavey i have bin playing online about 10years and i bet im the biggest nerd/geek in here because i read fantasy/sci-fi books allso manga and i watch anime and wrestling^^
Ohh let me rephrase that...Im the biggest Geek here not nerd...you know because...nerds are smart :(

I got my name from a long series of name changes while playing Halo 2 on XBL. Started with just "KanibaL". Then I joined an organized clan known as "4tG" (4 the Glory). I started competitive Halo 2 play in one of 4tG's top tiered teams. On those teams they require you to have "4tG" in your name, so they payed me to change to I 4tG Kanibal I. After the clan disbanded close to Halo 3's release, my account was stolen somehow. Microsoft did nothing about it, so I was forced to make a new name. I have 3 cats, 2 of which weigh about 25 pounds each. A friend came over and said something like "Does this cat eat other cats for breakfast?". From there, I knew what to make my next XBL account: KanibalKittN. I still go by KanibalKittN on XBL and any xbox related things. On the PC world, in blizzard games and others alike, I go by ImTheProof. I designed some successful mods in Warcraft 3, some including Angel Arena: Morphed and Angel Arena: Evolutions. Starting my senior year of highschool next week, and filling out college applications (I hope to get into the University of Michigan next fall). This upcoming Fall/Winter, I will be pretty shy on games. I'm putting one last hope into the Halo series (I couldn't stand Halo 3/ODST, but I loved the first two games). And besides that, I'll be getting Dungeon Defenders on the XBox when it releases, and possibly getting Call of Duty: Black ops, if the developers devote themselves to making sure the game is balanced with updates and patches. That is all :P

Current games i'm playing:

Oblivion, Monday Night Combat, Modern Warfare 2, Guitar Hero 3, League of Legends, Halo CE, Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Games i'm watching:

Dungeon Defenders, Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Crysis 2, Batman: Arkham City, Bioshock: Inifinite, Fallout: New Vegas, Rage, Portal 2, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Brink, Saints Row 3, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
Huge list, and I probably won't end up getting even 25% of these, but hey, they all caught my attention in some way.

Hello!

I'm Rose but people know me as Kim or Kimiko. Been video gaming since I was 6. I currently live in the Dallas area,
and look forward to playing Dungeon Defenders when it is released! :)

Hi! my name is Bruci (in the real life is Jon, adn yes whitout the "h"), ima player that like this type of games: shooters, FPS, RPG, strategy games, action, adventure. I hate all horror videogames, except L4D adn L4D2 i dotn know the reason that why i like them... it hink... is i like VALVe XD.

HOOOOWDY! ^_^ i don't give out my name in fear crazy stalkers might find me and make me eat watermellon! so i'm usually refered to as Xephox/Xithix/the unforgiven, as these are usually the only usernames i've EVER used in my entire life! =D not goina lie, this game is goina be EPIC, its got that co-op survival feeling, but the rpg and customization of an RPG, tooottally can't wait, so far i've forced about 4 other ppl to buy this game(at least they said they would), AHHH ITS GOINA ROCK! =D (ever since i quit WoW before summer been waiting for a GOOD rpg type game to play...this game will be the end of me) xP

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Micah and I work in the industry. In addition to building/supporting games, I'm also a gamer at heart (best of both worlds!)

I'm here eagerly awaiting the release so we can play it in-house.. always fun when gamers get the chance to play other people's products.. so hurry up, already!! =)

--Micah

Hello! My names sicknick from Sicksreviews.blogspot.com and youtube.com/sicksreviews. I am truly excited for this game and intend on creating montages and much more about this game on my channel.... :)

Hi,

My name is Scott, I am nobody just a fan that got lucky and just stumbled on your game by googling tower defense rpg. Two things put together that I had no clue people were actually making.

I work as head of QC/QA for a different gaming company. (Believe me no competition completely different types of games.) I already pre-ordered it from youguys through d2d (Always love supporting indie games, I think they are the best kind. Though I work for a mainstream gaming company lol.) and told a bunch of my dev buddies about it and they are looking into it. Also a few of my QA team members saw me testing out the UDK version of your game and they love it with it being in its current state. Most of em are console gamers so once you go live on that im sure they will be on the list of buyers.

I am proud to have stumbled upon this before anyone that I know or work with did. Keep up the good work and I cant wait to start playing. (not too much at work anyways heh) And if you want me to help "test" your demo instead of just play it, id be more than happy to do a quick QA session on it to help youguys out.

All in all just wanted to say great job and looking forward to release!

-Scott

Hey guys - I'm zYn

I'm extremely excited for this game. I have 3 other friends already set up with me to get us going. We each have our classes and are drooling at the though of the game coming out soon.

Currently I'm a League of Legends player, I was competitive coming out of beta, but have since taken a relaxed approach to the game.

Look forward to seeing you all around :)

I am Pawn. Son of King. Son of Queen. Son of Bishop. Son of Knight. Son of Rook. Son of Hercules. Son of a B!@ch. Son of Sam. Son of Jorel. Son of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Son of Sol. Son of Bank of America. Perhaps you have heard of me?

Been lurking these forums and the game for quite a while now, so I thought I might as well take the courtesy to post a reply here. That - and I'm bored out of my mind, waiting for both Dungeon Defenders as well as the "Big Bang" update for MapleStory if anyone is familiar with it.

So yeah, the name's Ferizo (d'oh).

I guess you can see me as just your average gamer/geek. I am totally obsessed with Anime and Music and have a passion for Gaming and Design. Eh, I have an affinity for sarcasm and darkness and am quite the perfectionist when it comes to (my own) personal performance - which shouldn't be too hard to notice in the way I type. I've been longing for a change of pace in online gaming and after hearing about this game from a friend a month ago or so (Steam) I've practically been in love with it ever since. I've always been a die-hard fan of RPGs (not Rocket-Powered-Grenades) and loved an occasional game of Tower Defense so this was really near the perfection to which I strife. That said, all of this waiting is slowly eating away my brain because when it comes to these things I can be quite impatient. ^^;

Now, I can write an entire biography about myself but I think this should do just fine for now. Whilst anxiously awaiting the release of DD I'm currently somewhat active on MapleStory so if there's anyone around here who plays on GMS Demethos and is bored out of his mind as well - feel free to give me a call. ^~^

~ There, I said it.