Much needed feature

Timed Autosave.
Wave Based Autosave.
Button Based Save Feature.

or all of the above.. did I miss any? I wasn't about to go over the top and say a kill based save feature.. or a 'save on any keyboard button press' feature so it saves every time you touch a key. Just sick of losing hours of game play. As well as people I regularly play with have stopped playing now.

i might be missunderstanding here, but isnt the entire point of the game to fail levels so that you can learn how they work? a save system would trivialize the game.

No i don't care about level progress per se, just character. Losing hours of gameplay because the game crashed or i got disconnected from trendynet or even just exiting the game AS NORMAL is unacceptable. At the very least the last part shouldn't affect my progress as i "left the game" in the official manner!

Example of a situation that has happened to me and should never happen: Start up Dungeon defenders, launch a local game with a brand new character. "Level Up" with the initial point given while still in the tavern. Returning to the menu. and exiting the game via menu button. Launching the game again 30 seconds later only to find nothing i just did has saved. or has even been acknowledged.

ah that makes a lot more sense, im guessing its a bug your experiencing then and losing items during online play would be a server side issue, not one on your end so all they would have to do is come up with a fix =]

i hope so, i'm in love with this game.. the same cannot be said about my friends who have allready given up though.

this isn't suggestion forums

You got a link to said forums bro? if so i'll gladly move this post.

I stopped after the second day of the save problem. I really only glance to see if the game is updated yet, it's just too frustrating to wonder whether my progress is going to count.

Yes all those solutions in your OP would be incredible.

I'm in the same boat. Playing on local LAN and exiting the game NORMALLY loses any character I created. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

The DEV needs to make the fix of this the highest priority.

I would also like to see level-based auto-save feature. Or if it already has one, see it working.

/bumpitty-ump bump.

Looked at the upcoming patch notes and didn't see anything related to the saves system, or lack-there-of.. so i'm bumping.