What's with the new item indicator on minimap?

I'm glad that they implement other color indicators instead of just the (faulty) green. But I'm not sure if this actually changes anything.

I've been seeing white and blue dots now, what do they mean? I'm assuming that blue dots = Mythical items (as per patch notes), but I'm just as often seeing Epic gears marked as blue dots in-game.

Is the color indicator thing working perfectly for you guys?

I havent noticed any blue non mythicals, but there has been some weirdness going on with the indicators since the last patch. I've seen an egg show up as a blue icon, but it was just a normal 100 mana egg, I've seen all the indicators flash the same way mobs do on the map when they take damage as well.

I've seen something similar to zequeins since the 7.26c patch:
Blue dots for any kind of item, not only mythical and in one game there dropped a useful mythical item. The item and several others were shown as green dots on the map. When I picked up the mythical item, all other green dots changed to white or blue dots...

It was all fine when 7.26 came out, except that useful items weren't green :)

White = Godly or worse

Blue = Mythical

Purple = Transcendant

All of these also show up as greens, when it deems them better.

I have also had it tell me that there was a green yet when I get to that location on the map its just a regular item.

Can anyone explain why I also see the indicators flash grey. yellow and red? I thought that flashing red meant that the item was about to disappear, but I've seen dozens flash red repeatedly and then go back to white...

Yes I've also experienced items flashing red then turning white without disappearing many times on my survival runs (I hold down the map button to scan for eggs constantly).

There's definitely a bug. From what I can tell, the blue shows up because a stat in the item is better than yours- even if its a worthless 'broken leather chest'
The flashing to red is probably another bug :-/ Not game breaking but IMO it should be fixed soon.

There's definitely a bug. From what I can tell, the blue shows up because a stat in the item is better than yours- even if its a worthless 'broken leather chest'
The flashing to red is probably another bug :-/ Not game breaking but IMO it should be fixed soon.

RG NM HC shows a lot of blue drops that are no where near mythical.

The flashing red indicators do so when you have mobs on the map taking damage.
For some reason the drop indicators are flashing just as mobs do when taking damage.

They also flash along with traps that have taken damage, I noticed.

Basically, don't trust anything you see on the minimap as of yet as everything is very messed up. Wait for the patch to hopefully solve all of the problems.

Glad I saw this thread, just had a heap of amazing, sturdy and torn armours show up as blue dots =P