[QUOTE]* Survival/Pure-Strategy Mode now lets you start on any Wave you have previously beaten (& you get correspondingly more Mana from the first-wave chests to utilize for Building)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty curious at the response from the community from the upcoming patch. It seems good because you don't have to spend years (that's exaggerated) to get good gear, but if they don't put a cap on the max wave you can go someone is going to find a way to farm gear within minutes it seems to me.

Edit~leave a post of why if you have time :)

Cant wait to test it! Idea is great. Few my friends are willing to give DD second chance after seeing this patch note ;)

I'm pretty curious at the response from the community from the upcoming patch. It seems good because you don't have to spend years (that's exaggerated) to get good gear, but if they don't put a cap on the max wave you can go someone is going to find a way to farm gear within minutes it seems to me.

Edit~leave a post of why if you have time :)

I honestly think you should be set back 2 waves or so from your max wave. But to say that people will be able to farm amazing gear within minutes is quite the exaggeration, it will take time to build and upgrade all those defenses with the loads of mana they will be giving you. It will also take you an entire wave before you start actually collecting gear, which at the point where you collect good gear those waves are quite long. So saying "within minutes" blows this out of proportion.

The good this will do is bring down the value of all the gear on the market, which will allow all those people who don't have 2bil from shops to be able to purchase worthwhile gear at a reasonable price and catch up to the end game quite quickly.

The negative (in my opinion mostly) is that it will destroy what survival means to me (as well as some other players not all or even most though).

And lastly, this may be a negative or a positive depending on how you look at it. This will remove the "artificial content" from the game that keeps people coming back daily in an attempt to progress only slightly, by allowing that same level of progression to occur much faster and frequently within the same time frame. Considering how long this game has been out, I'd call it a good thing. In the early months of the game, it would have been bad, but at this point I think it's due.

This is not a good idea as its going to be exploited. Max wave you should be able to start on is 15 in my view hence skipping the bonus pet.

I agree that would defiantly be neccesary IMO or else there would be way too many op pets.

I dont see why so many people have a problem with other people actually getting more pets. If you could farm to wave 15 before you can do it now, just faster. It doesn't make anything easier, just less grinding and less time consuming. It just makes the RNG of the actual loot more bearable.

A major major bonus to this is it will allow more experimenting with different builds and placements and things like that without having to spend 2+ hours first just to see if they would be viable at the high end waves.

This is a very nice change, atleast for the older maps where the cap on mobs is stupidly high. Would actually make me want to run the old survivals again for fun, at more than 8 hours they are just a drag.

Was not aware of this but love it. As much as it does make high-end gear easier to obtain, it also means that if something happens to the game you're not set back to a low wave.

How many people reading this have had either Steam servers going offline, a computer crash, internet cut out, or some other random thing that wasted their hours and hours of work grinding through survival waves?

I'm sure there's going to be a counter-argument to that, saying that TE could just include some kind of save system to prevent those things from ruining all your work and this is true, they could, but I'm one of the many people that don't agree with the length of survival. Although I've never been to Wave 25+ myself, I'm not sure I'd want to with the amount of time it takes and the possibility of a crash ending all your work prematurely. It's a hard thing to be one side of the other for really in my opinion..

On the one hand, it'll make it too easy to get wave 15 pets and giraffes for the people that have already done the maps. On the other it makes it more fair for if connections cut out or anything. Still, I'll be happy about this so I can make progression through survival slowly.

tl;dr - I support this idea but agree with the people that are against it too.

There will be much more superloot available since more people will play survival. Then again, people that are able to begin at, and farm wave 20-30 already have endgame gear.

I think this change is good. If you need wave 20+ drops to improve your gear and only survive to wave 20-21 max it's not reasonable to play 5-19 just to play 2 waves for gear. It can take 2-5 hours to get to where the gear CAN drop and that is just stupid. Thanks trendy:P

oh and btw. Try to start at wave20 with just mana from chests and no upgrades/max du and see how you perform^_^

This is not a good idea as its going to be exploited. Max wave you should be able to start on is 15 in my view hence skipping the bonus pet.

this.

Out of all the things that could worry me about this, exploitation of obtaining the pets are not it. I think the trade off of a whole wave without loot (which means no mana income worthwhile) for a pet isn't that big of a deal. Not to mention how many people already start at wave 8 and AFK to 15 as it is. Same level of actual effort for high end players in the end. I don't see it as that big of an exploit if it is one at all.

Edit: oh and to add, the value of these pets will drop like bricks so these people obtaining mass quantities of them aren't really gaining much. I think what will happen is people will start at at something like wave 19 24 or 29 in an attempt to refresh the shop. Just my extra 2 cents... think i've thrown 6-8 cents at this whole ting so far.

It takes like 80k mana to max 40 defenses out, I doubt they will give that much meaning you can't just 'start on 20'.. You'd get trashed.

As long as you don't win a pet if you start in wave 14 and then advance to 15 winning the pet

I agree that would defiantly be neccesary IMO or else there would be way too many op pets.

No.

I'd rather not deal with wasting 2+ freaking hours for a low stat pet, or a multi neg, 50-80^ pet. RNG is too big of a pain to worry about it. As long as starting directly on 15 doesn't reward a pet, that's good. Forcing us to grind through hours of dullness for a chance at a pet that can be good or bad isn't a good idea whatsoever. Don't frustrate players.

I'm assuming that Starting on, say, 14 will give you enough mana to get every defense up, an maybe some upgrading, but not all upgrades. That is good. They aren't going to get you fully upgraded though.

EDIT: Or, heck, require 2 waves completed minimum to reward a pet. No modifiers on how many waves completed towards quality of the pet at all. That would be fine! Don't make us waste time, please. It's frustrating, annoying, and drives players away.

Besides, no one is complaining about OMF. (That I've seen)

i ove the idea of being able to start on higher waves.. Constant Steam/trendy dropouts are a killer.. and being a parent looking after a 4 year old i aint got the time to spend hours tryn to farm out the good gear on survivals. i would have loved to see the amount of monsters reduced and harder monsters instead of this.. but its still a good step in the right direction.

Honestly if you can reach wave 15 easily, chances are you do not give a damn about that pet xD

But yea, this feature is a must in my opinion - also the waves themselves need to be done faster, make monsters run out faster.

you guys realize that only if you beat the wave can you return so when you beat 14 getting the pet you cant load the winning wave again plus if you lose then the progress is deleted

After two disconnects this afternoon. One on wave 15 the other on wave 14 how can this be a bad thing. So maybe starting on 14 and collecting a pet will make up for the times I've been denied one. Haven't been able to get to 30 all weekend because of disconnects. Maybe if I could start in the 20s I will have so little more success. I just hope the egg I put in my basket is still there when steam comes back online.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Was not aware of this but love it. As much as it does make high-end gear easier to obtain, it also means that if something happens to the game you're not set back to a low wave.

How many people reading this have had either Steam servers going offline, a computer crash, internet cut out, or some other random thing that wasted their hours and hours of work grinding through survival waves?

I'm sure there's going to be a counter-argument to that, saying that TE could just include some kind of save system to prevent those things from ruining all your work and this is true, they could, but I'm one of the many people that don't agree with the length of survival. Although I've never been to Wave 25+ myself, I'm not sure I'd want to with the amount of time it takes and the possibility of a crash ending all your work prematurely. It's a hard thing to be one side of the other for really in my opinion..

On the one hand, it'll make it too easy to get wave 15 pets and giraffes for the people that have already done the maps. On the other it makes it more fair for if connections cut out or anything. Still, I'll be happy about this so I can make progression through survival slowly.

tl;dr - I support this idea but agree with the people that are against it too.

Just spent 3 hours or something getting to wave 18, only to have servers go offline. No shot at the good loot, all the work to get there.

Very ****ing irritated atm. At least this patch is a chance to stop **** like this.

oh and btw. Try to start at wave20 with just mana from chests and no upgrades/max du and see how you perform^_^

You seem to be neglecting the part where you get proportionately more mana from chests based on the wave you start on.