[suggestion] just use set stats for each class in PvP

Would Trendy or a modder make a game mode that defined stats for each class of DD to use in PvP? That would allow for variabilty without gear imbalances.

Im kind of working on a mod like what you see taking about. But it's slow as I'm still learning unreal script.

Sent from my EVO 4g

This is something quite a few of us here in the office are interested in seeing. If someone makes a mod showcasing this, we'd love to see it!

Im kind of working on a mod like what you see taking about. But it's slow as I'm still learning unreal script.

Sent from my EVO 4g

Well I don't actually know if this will work but one thing to consider is that when we play a nightmare round the stats are manipulated by some sort of multiplier. Being a multiplier means that anything other than zero would result in differences between the classes based on gear differences.

Presumably that means one could change those multipliers to zero thereby rendering all players with equal stats (zero). *for starters* just to get it out there and see if it's fun with everyone flat equal. then work on the mod to figure out how to correctly "balance" the classes while you figure out how to apply differential stats via scripting.

The other alternative (or possibly compatible idea with the above first step) is to force all gear either off a player or to render all gear stats inconsequential to calculations in the wave.

This would have one side-effect, that I personally see as interesting and potentially even more fun that static classes, which is that everyone would be able to spend their points (if we set everyone to level 78 or everyone to level 20, whichever makes the most sense as the game is play-tested) individually.

Everyone would have their normal leveling pool of stats to spend, thereby allowing slight variations, but it would be fair in the sense that everyone has the same amount of talent points to spend overall.

Anyway, let me know if that's something you think you can get working or are interested in doing.