[Guide] Karathiki Jungle Survival 7.26c Solo/Duo/4 Players

Nightmare Hardcore Survival Karathiki Jungle for patch 7.28c

http://ddplanner.com/?l=2417,disciples-karathiki-survival-nm-hc Thumbs up if you like please!

(Experiencing issues with EV towers with the layout planner. All EV towers are properly saving the DU, but the range of the towers is messing up. Refer to my pictures below for exact tower placements.)

Tower stats:
Squire towers: 1591/2492/1076/1610
Traps: 1489/2406/1750/1313
Auras: 1491/1609/1654/352
Walls: 3112/xx/xx/xx
Buff Beams: 1190/2424/1264/986

Lowest Successful Tower Stats so far (Thank you Mumbl3s):
Countess(active): 357/450/243/557---1002/1306/660/826
Auras:1394/897/824/622
Traps:945/822/1025/780
EV walls:1220/1306/764/1024

Hero Requirements: I highly recommend using a monkey, griffon, dragon, or mega chicken dps pet.

Builder active during combat? Not on my test run.

New pictures will be updated soon!
http://imgur.com/a/hLxEX#0

All towers, except the 4 DU EV walls in the southwest and southeast, are buffed by the Series EV Tower Buff Beam.

Buff Beams: These can be difficult to deal with at first. Where you begin with the first node makes ALL the difference in the southwest and southeast. The first node, or pivot node, should be placed by the harpoon and dragged onto the other side of the EV wall. If you start by the EV wall and drag towards the harpoon, you'll find the gas + proxy trap combo will not be buffed.

Djinn: Tower layout is now fully protected against djinn. (With my trap range.)

Wyverns: With towers doing less damage now, poison immune wyverns have an increased chance of reaching the crystals. I recommend using a dps pet to halt their advance, and in particular dps pets that do not use poison damage. I imagine four players will be required in the very high waves.

Ogres: They can still hit hard even with darkness traps removing their elemental affinities. They are less of an issue than djinn or wyverns.

DEWs: Don't become webbed with 10 of them on you and you should be ok. :)

Spiders: Like the djinn, spiders only come at the beginning of the waves. Be extra cautious if you are not playing a squire/countess hero. One web on a high wave in a crowded area is almost certain death.

Wave 23 Start Notes: The main tower to star at the start is the buff beams which boost traps. Also, saving some mana for your heroes to heal and use special abilities may be helpful, but is not mandatory. We also upgraded the harpoons by 3 upgrades. This was working just fine until an ogre learned to climb walls. Link to bug thread: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?55861-Karathiki-Progression-Cut-Short-by-Glitch Please post on the bug thread if you run into the same issue.

Questions/Comments/Suggestions? Please post!

Good luck all and have fun!

is part 2 done. wont let me access it.

got it.. its backwards.

How does the Northeast go when ogres are up against the blockades? Northeast has 3 bird paths and one of them comes in from really high.

How's drops in this map?!?
What wave did u get?!?

Drops are pretty nice. This dropped from an enemy on wave 15. http://i.imgur.com/tuOi2.jpg

We had only 3 players and the one crystal that wasn't covered took a one-shot on wave 16. The southeast was the one that was destroyed.

is part 2 done. wont let me access it.

got it.. its backwards.

How does the Northeast go when ogres are up against the blockades? Northeast has 3 bird paths and one of them comes in from really high.

Well ogres can sometimes ride the wall to a point where the harpoon isn't hitting them. A dps pet with a hero can pull them back into the harpoon's line of sight.

A wyvern, on wave 12-14 (I forget which), made it past the harpoon. I needed to rotate the harpoon to the right some more for it to begin shooting sooner. After that, and with a player there, no wyverns touched the crystal.

I'll see about fixing the #1 and #2 layouts. Thanks. :)

Update: Soloed to wave 18. Zero crystal damage, zero towers lost. Used Genie through wave 11, all towers triple starred at wave 12. My hero died at wave 18, which I could have easily avoided. Was hard to watch my towers last for so long. The wave would have been a breeze.

Will be requesting a title change since this is a soloable layout.

Lies. All Lies. The loot on this map is absolutely ***. At the end of wave 22 I've found 1 trans and it was awful. That was on 20, and I haven't see any since. Also, there are tons more mobs(5.1k solo on wave 22), and overall the map is harder for no good reason. Just do moraggo. Practically guaranteed trans every wave 18 and up.. I guess it could be chalked up to luck, though.

On the subject of your guide - Works great, it's what I used.

Edit: Well, I died. Not sure if it was just luck with the drops or what but I definitely wish I'd spent time doing that on Moraggo..

Also.. Karathiki has some weird bug where loot despawns randomly.. If I just wait until the end of the wave and let everything handle itself there will be like 10 pieces of loot on the ground by the end.. Green Trans's despawning for regular myths.. Gotta sprint around the map repairing everything and watching your precious loots dissapear because you dare not stray from the path lol

Just avoid this map for your own sanity..

they nerfed trans? me and my partner found 4 trans by moraggo wave 20. yes 4 transcendent items.

Me and disc duo'd morrago the other day and i think lost on round 21 or something... we found like 2 trans. one was a 250^ saber, and i forget what the other was. they really did nerf the trans drop i think. it sucks because one of my friends said it took 8 hours to get to morago wave 35 which is way too long imo. i think if u ever get to the higher rounds, korathiki will be best with 4 players.

THANK YOU!! This build works amazingly when with lower stats and solo, helped me to complete the campaign version with almost no problems. Only problems caused by me dieing start of wave 12 and losing ensnares+towerbuff with no time in between waves to rebuild both i struggled then on but last wave was a breeze with all stuff rebuilt.

Countess(active): 357/450/243/557---1002/1306/660/826
Auras:1394/897/824/622
Traps:945/822/1025/780
EV walls:1220/1306/764/1024

I don't think they nerfed the drops on Moroggo. A friend and I got to wave 29 on Saturday and multiple Trans dropped every round 20+ (First trans was on maybe 17-18).

well before, people were getting trans like it was mythic i think... now its more rare. :/ and most of the time bad

myths in moraggo are not bad at all lol...
a friend got a myth with +400 to all tower stats. no joke. best part? 9^ *insert trollface here

I'm having some trouble with stuff getting djinn'd in the northwestern lane, has anyone found a solution for that?

I haven't seen mixed mode mentioned here anywhere so I figured I should mention that this build works for HCMM too. Tested it just now, got to wave 14 but wyverns are really tough, mainly due to harpoons derping and either not shooting them until they're practically attacking the crystal, or missing them. I'm fairly sure that if they derped less and prioritized wyverns (like all towers should) I could get quite a bit further. I'll try again tomorrow or something, I'm sure I can get past 14 at least for some high end monkeys.

Stats:

Countess: 1569/2713/1350/1508
Traptress: 1616/2643/1463/1203
Wall EV: 2926/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx
Aura Monk: 1541/1472/2037/352

One thing I think deserves mention is that I use my wall EV to build the buff beams on the northern walls/traps. I use my other EV for the rest of the buff beams.

I also have some changes that I've made and planning on making next time:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=1820,disciples-karathiki-beam-buff-layout-senz54-edit

I moved the northwestern harpoons further north. Before I did that, I had trouble with djinn desummoning both my wall and one of my harpoons, moving them north fixed the problem and still works great. I built the build wrong at first, using 3 DU walls in the southern lanes instead of the 4 DU walls that were supposed to be there. Turns out that works great so i left them like that and to prevent wyverns spitting fireballs at my crystals I added some reflective walls to the northern crystals. This last change haven't been tested yet so I don't know whether that's a good idea but I do know the DU is available.

does this work in non surv?

Yeah, I used this setup to solo it. Built EV walls first, then harpoons. Going to be tough without a countess though.

I haven't seen mixed mode mentioned here anywhere so I figured I should mention that this build works for HCMM too. Tested it just now, got to wave 14 but wyverns are really tough, mainly due to harpoons derping and either not shooting them until they're practically attacking the crystal, or missing them. I'm fairly sure that if they derped less and prioritized wyverns (like all towers should) I could get quite a bit further. I'll try again tomorrow or something, I'm sure I can get past 14 at least for some high end monkeys.

Stats:

Countess: 1569/2713/1350/1508
Traptress: 1616/2643/1463/1203
Wall EV: 2926/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx
Aura Monk: 1541/1472/2037/352

One thing I think deserves mention is that I use my wall EV to build the buff beams on the northern walls/traps. I use my other EV for the rest of the buff beams.

I also have some changes that I've made and planning on making next time:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=1820,disciples-karathiki-beam-buff-layout-senz54-edit

I moved the northwestern harpoons further north. Before I did that, I had trouble with djinn desummoning both my wall and one of my harpoons, moving them north fixed the problem and still works great. I built the build wrong at first, using 3 DU walls in the southern lanes instead of the 4 DU walls that were supposed to be there. Turns out that works great so i left them like that and to prevent wyverns spitting fireballs at my crystals I added some reflective walls to the northern crystals. This last change haven't been tested yet so I don't know whether that's a good idea but I do know the DU is available.

I really like the addition of the reflect wall in the north, and I'd have to agree the south 4DU wall is the best to get the DU from.

Reached wave 23 with a team yesterday. Our team consisted of 4 monks, one in each corner, all with 1k+ Hero HP and damage, accompanied by a monkey, griffon, dragon, or mega chicken pet.

Solo the map, in the 20s, has an enemy count of 4.5k, while with four players it is just under 5k. Ogres had 30m+ hp, spiders 633k, DEWs 2m, and i think wyverns were 600k as well.

There was zero crystal damage, and no towers lost until a player error lost us a tower in the south. The gas wasn't manually ignited and a djinn desummoned a trap, losing us the buff beam. We had one player death in the 20s, in the south, but it held up fine without him.

Towers in the south are easily managed. North I added a reflect wall at each crystal, and repositioned the traps. With the repositioning, no djinn were desummoning as long as they were ignited. My trap range is most likely a big help. If needed, building a range trapper should not be difficult, since gas doesn't need any damage, only some rate.

I'll update the layout later today with these small, important changes.

For now, here are a couple images of loot in the early 20s, and by judging from the upkeep on the towers, it appears this layout will reach wave 30.

http://imgur.com/QAE7T
http://imgur.com/5ff9R

Layout has now been updated to reflect the current build. New pictures will be coming soon.

Wave 23 start notes added as well as a link to the bug thread for ogres walking over walls. If you run into the same issue, please post on that thread. Only once have I seen the bug happen in all the runs I've done, so I'm hoping it is uncommon enough to still succeed in the higher waves.

I've been running into issues with dijinn desummoning the north harps and buff beam. Any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong? i'm starting on wave 13 to farm pets and on that first wave i've had dijinn desummon things from both sides with 3 players.