Sign in to follow this  
Lars

Fixed bug that was erroneously giving Squire Tower 60% extra damage in Nightmare?

well. i wont scream for heads to roll until i hear exactly what accessories are.

If they're earrings / rings and just stat slots.. it could be 2 3 or 4 extra item slots to boot stats across the board. combo that with the squire nerf stick and you have a viable mage class again.

We will see.

Stats would be boring, and imo game breaking. I'd like abilities.

Are accessories coming out with this patch? I don't see anything in the notes yet. I really hope they cut down Ogre, Wyvern, Djinn, and DEW HP too. This would then be a buff to all towers instead of just a nerf to squire. Also I really hope they either make resists easier to cap with accessories or they make App and other classes (besides squires) have way more HP than they currently do. Last time I tried playing my Huntress in Survival I got 1 shot in the same gear my squire could wear and be just fine.

[c3;401645']im curious about the accessories as well, but i think adding secondary effects, such as piercing, elemental damage, like that, would serve better than just added 2-300 more tower or hero stats.

Indeed. I was thinking unique bonuses based on the tower. Like letting Harpoons bounce off the first terrain surface they hit.

[c3;401645']im curious about the accessories as well, but i think adding secondary effects, such as piercing, elemental damage, like that, would serve better than just added 2-300 more tower or hero stats.

I'm getting sick of just stacking stats. Something like this would be nice:

Squire Shield:
* 5% of your tower damage is added on as poison damage.
* Your projectiles slow your target's movement speed by 10%

I'm not a hardcore player by any means, so when I actually make progress it's a big deal. I'm am tired of having to re-learn this game and bang my head against a wall in NM. All the best players already have ridiculously good gear and it won't effect them. What about those of us actually trying to get our foot in the door of NM mode? Next week will be a different nerd or buff to another class that completely changes our successful layouts. I don't care if one class is more overpowered but just for the love of god keep some consistency.

As it was mentioned in the other poll thread. Squire towers had a double 1.6 multiplier applied to all of their towers. Other classes do not. They are fixing the bug that caused the squire towers to have the double 1.6 multiplier.

I think most people realize that, but there is a reason that app towers feel broken for nightmare. The buff is needed to make it doable for thos of us that don't have high stats. Buff the app, not nerf the sqiure.

at 7.20 it was really hard to get to higher waves in NM, now it is much simpler. now again the difficulty will go up... and it is like that all the time since NM came out (difficulty up, difficulty down, how many people in trendy tests what they change? 2 persons?). the patch notes look rly whimsy for me. the monk buff is nice but it is impossible to win this game with hero dps only so nothing will change tbh.

and rly, after like month/two trendy has finally found that bug? nope, i dont get it, it is too huge to overlook

i think that it is time for me to quit this game for good.

God I really hope they don't hammer the squire. It sucked hard when the apprentice got hit with the nerf bat. My app was my first character and post-nerf he got shelved because his towers were just garbage. Nerfing the Squire will not change the fact that the Apprentice is weak, it's just going to make things harder in a boring way IMO. It's like the rug getting pulled out from under your feet and having to almost totally re-learn the game for no logical reason whatsoever. Not sure how 'in' to this game I'll feel if it seems like I have to chosen between crippled builder A, and crippled builder B. Where's the fun in that?

Just leave the Squire alone, he isn't broken so don't fix him. The apprentice is in desperate need of a buff, fix him please.

at 7.20 it was really hard to get to higher waves in NM, now it is much simpler. now again the difficulty will go up... and it is like that all the time since NM came out (difficulty up, difficulty down, how many people in trendy tests what they change? 2 persons?). the patch notes look rly whimsy for me. the monk buff is nice but it is impossible to win this game with hero dps only so nothing will change tbh.

and rly, after like month/two trendy has finally found that bug? nope, i dont get it, it is too huge to overlook

i think that it is time for me to quit this game for good.

Well.... looks like there were no Squire Tower Builders in the beta testing group in order to catch a KISS simple, hit you on the head bug.................................................................................................................

i dont know. im trying magus quarters right now with my adept, just to see how she can do in NM survival.

the basic setup is 2 MM, 1 FB, 2 reflect walls, physical beam, and one buff beam running through all of them. it was working alright until literally half my defenses just got insta-gibbed in wave 12. the largest problem aside from that though was the fact that adepts have no survivability, so you kinda have to just base camp because if you go out to repair a djinn will nuke you from orbit and outright kill you or knock you off the map.

seriously, im still trying to figure out what happened, i turn my head for not even 5 seconds and a wall, a buff beam, 5 MM towers and an FB tower just straight vanished.

[c3;401888']i dont know. im trying magus quarters right now with my adept, just to see how she can do in NM survival.

the basic setup is 2 MM, 1 FB, 2 reflect walls, physical beam, and one buff beam running through all of them. it was working alright until literally half my defenses just got insta-gibbed in wave 12. the largest problem aside from that though was the fact that adepts have no survivability, so you kinda have to just base camp because if you go out to repair a djinn will nuke you from orbit and outright kill you or knock you off the map.

seriously, im still trying to figure out what happened, i turn my head for not even 5 seconds and a wall, a buff beam, 5 MM towers and an FB tower just straight vanished.

Most likely desummoned by djinn or you had a golden DEW from hell attacking your defenses.

I agree with adept health increase though. It should be at least 100k in NM to stand any chance of late nightmare survival waves.

I also love how the repair speed on barricades is like 3 times slower haha this game ^,^

But why bring stuff up right? it will take them atleast a copple of months to either acknowledge the problem or fix / change it.
and with a fix I ofcourse mean a nerf on something entirely different to "balance" it.

- A not so happy costumer

But to be fair I've had like 250 hours of fun in this game so it was well worth the copple of bucks I paid for it.

I also love how the repair speed on barricades is like 3 times slower haha this game ^,^

But why bring stuff up right? it will take them atleast a copple of months to either acknowledge the problem or fix / change it.
and with a fix I ofcourse mean a nerf on something entirely different to "balance" it.

- A not so happy costumer

Just like you predicted in your squire/app comparison thread, istead of buffing the app, they nerfed the squire.

Impressive Trendy, just impressive.

eey HKN,

cool that you remembered my thread :P but that aside you know what saddens me the most? the fact that they don't even react and place a comment in the thread stating something in the likes off" We are looking into the problem or We have checked it ourselfs and acknodledge the problem" but nothing even remotely like that happened.

And I know the makers (especially Jer) reacts on quite a few threads and it's just not cool that on a thing of this importance no one reacted.

And no the game isn't all bad I still think it's a great game but once you go to nightmare it's just filled with a lot of dissapointments lately, and I'm not trying to make the producers of this game feel bad or anything, but the time came that I had to express my feelings toward this game.

Yours truly,

Domistroy

Well. This killed my giraffe farming in deeper well.
*clap... clap... clap...*

It was already hard enough to manage through 20+
now I'm down to dying at wave 20. And this was solo.
*clap... clap... clap...*

I guess more people will quit this game.

[QUOTE]Did they learn nothing from the Apprentice nerf? More than half of my friends quit over that...[/QUOTE]
^ This.
My friends gave me all their items before they quit.

Man, I quit playing this game the first time because they made Squire unplayable... I come back for like a week, and there they go swinging the nerf bat at the Squire again...

This is disappointing as I've just gotten to the point where I can make it to wave 15 on NM HC in some of the easier maps, and even at this point I'm still not finding better gear than what I have equipped (which I bought from higher level players). I'll have to see if I can still do this or not, but either way it sounds like the recent progress that I thought I made has been wiped away. I agree that the apprentice towers suck, so give them a buff and don't nerf the squire.

With all the changes that have been made, gear progression to go to nightmare feels almost impossible without buying it from higher level players and this just makes it even worse. I don't want to grind for hours and hours for mana and then go looking around in shops to try to find something that's a little bit better than what I have now. I want to be able to get it myself.

i just dont understand why the **** you did this. i dont get it. why do you always nerf the only useful builder class? why dont you buff the other one? or maybe nerf by 15% and buff by 15% ? why do you have to break your game?

and why the **** is there no ****ing statement when the whole forums is raging? i love your game but i dont understand what you are doing. i have fairly good stats but couldnt manage wave 20 moraggo at all. and there is no ****ing possibility to find upgrades below that.

thank you very much

regards

a pissed customer