Sign in to follow this  
Kill Kayt

Difficulty, whats the point?

I have done the first stage on easy, medium, hard, and insane. There is no difference in XP gain, and I see no difference in the items dropped.. So what is the point of these other difficulties?

The Challenge. Is pointless if I am still only getting about 5-10xp an enemy. Whats my incentive to not just do everything on Easy?

Considering it takes all of 2-3 hours to get to 74+ leveling is hardly the issue at hand.

Play it on easy. Play it on insane. Play it on whatever setting you want. All the difficulties other than nightmare are trivial anyways and hardly worth talking about.

and you are incorrect on the xp factor...you do get more xp. take a lvl zero into deeper on easy, then take a zero into deeper on insane...you will see

There actually is XP differences between the difficulties. For 1, a lot of total XP gained comes from end of wave bonuses. You can see the difference the score values. Score in most circumstances = XP gained in solo play.

Glitter on the lower difficulties only awards a couple hundred thousand. Hard is something like 700k, Insane awards over 2m, and Nightmare can be easily over 3.5m. Also mob quality is different (and each quality is worth a different number of XP). Quality is represented by mob color going from green to blue to yellow to red to purple.

Higher difficulties also drop better gear. Vendor value of items droped on Insane is few times higher than on Medium.

Thanks for response. I'm not quite sure how one gets to 74+ in only 2-3 hours. I'm only 25 and have put more into it than that, but I also play alone or with 1 friend.

I also don't understand the term Glitter. Could someone explain that to me?

Thanks for response. I'm not quite sure how one gets to 74+ in only 2-3 hours. I'm only 25 and have put more into it than that, but I also play alone or with 1 friend.

There is a bonus map named glitterhelm caverns. A properly run game on insane hardcore will yield between 2-3 million XP for each player with 4 players. This tends to be how people power lvl. If you want to get some lvls fast find a game running glitterhelm on insane, you can find many with names like "free XP". just upgrade and repair towers for the host and youll be fine.

Glitter stands for Glitterhelm Caverns, the bonus map after The Summit. It yields some of the highest exp on higher difficulties, and is quite manageable on insane. You can level a character there to 60+ in one run on insane, and 74+ in a few hours.

They get to 74 that fast by getting powerleveled. Glitter = Glitterhelm Caverns, the Bonus campaign level. It's the go-to powerlevel map. It awards the highest amount of XP for lowest amount of effort/difficulty. People powerlevel their alt characters on this level under Insane difficulty and Hardcore mode enabled.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it. Dang.

There is a bonus map named glitterhelm caverns. A properly run game on insane hardcore will yield between 2-3 million XP for each player with 4 players. This tends to be how people power lvl. If you want to get some lvls fast find a game running glitterhelm on insane, you can find many with names like "free XP". just upgrade and repair towers for the host and youll be fine.

Glitter stands for Glitterhelm Caverns, the bonus map after The Summit. It yields some of the highest exp on higher difficulties, and is quite manageable on insane. You can level a character there to 60+ in one run on insane, and 74+ in a few hours.

WOW. Thank you guys soo much. It is much friendlier and more informative here than on the SPUF.

EDIT: Do you get more XP on Hardcore?

WOW. Thank you guys soo much. It is much friendlier and more informative here than on the SPUF.

There is a 50% XP wave bonus (i believe) when doing hardcore

Yes. And better LOOT! More mana in general from said loot as well, so that's a plus.

Just to note. I don't suggest PLing with your first character. All you are doing is reducing the total amount of time you can enjoy the game. Play the lowbie game, get as much time out of it as you can. It'll never really be interesting again once you have a high level and get into the Myth+ game.

Just to note. I don't suggest PLing with your first character. All you are doing is reducing the total amount of time you can enjoy the game. Play the lowbie game, get as much time out of it as you can. It'll never really be interesting again once you have a high level and get into the Myth+ game.

Yeah I am only PLing my alts.

When it comes to xp it isn't about the amount you get per mob it is the end game xp that really counts..

1.3x for crystal not getting hit
1.3x for not taking damage
1.3x for only attacking not using defenses

There could be more i cant remember but for each of those that is 30% of what you got that wave, so you can nearly double it if you know what your doing.

Then add hardcore to the mix.... To easy to level in this game..