need for a programm/page

hi guys,
i actually wanna know if u guys have a need for a programm that gives you the best combination of the armor u got in your item box.
for example:
you have done some survivals and your itembox is full of equipment and you want to know, if there is something better combined with those new items or items you're already using.

so leave me a comment what you think of that

greets
car5ten

This could realy help a lot a people I think. If well done, it's like reprogramming the green thumb that is so messed up once you get to mythicals. But, is it possible ? I mean, is there any possibility to read from your inventory directly, without hex-editing? If so, then this would be fantastic!

i did not exactly figure out how to get the items, but i already have an idea ;) its not gonna be a ingame plugin. its an external programm or webpage

Well the thing with this is if I looted a better item for me I usually know I don't really go around looting blindly, I know exactly what I'm looking for when I'm looting... This might be helpful for newer people but I think if you played this game enough you don't go around picking up random items it just fills up your item box.

I might be getting confused with what your proposing so I apologies if I got it wrong... Always nice seeing people trying to help others out though :)

no one else have an opinion about that?

You might want to check your idea with someone official (Steam and maybe Trendy) to make sure it dosent cross boundaries which VAC dosent like.

Also, it'll be another completely arbitary system, which as we can see with the current rating system dosent work very well. Green DPS gear for tower chars (and vice versa), tower chars not wanting 1 stat (eg. trapper/aura RoF) etc.

I like the idea, but...

You might want to check your idea with someone official (Steam and maybe Trendy) to make sure it dosent cross boundaries which VAC dosent like.

Also, it'll be another completely arbitary system, which as we can see with the current rating system dosent work very well. Green DPS gear for tower chars (and vice versa), tower chars not wanting 1 stat (eg. trapper/aura RoF) etc.

I like the idea, but...

yea before i going to develop it, i gonna ask trendy and before i gonna ask trendy i have to see if there is enough need for it

I thought about doing this. I think the easiest way to get the items from your item box would be VIA defenders store (doesn't get items on your char though)

i'm surprised there aren't more votes for this.
I had the same stats for nearly 2 months now cuz I don't have the patience to calculate what I should equip/upgrade

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if there's any data API for Dungeon Defenders, but if there isn't you're probably going to struggle with this.

From what I can see, you've got 3 options:

1) Let people manually enter stats for each item into some kind of interface. This could become extremely tedious - even visually scanning through item stats looking for upgrades takes long enough.

2) Try to pull data down from defenders store - I don't know much about defenders store, but I guess it's for people to put up items they intend to sell, not to use it for a service to scan their item boxes for upgrades.

3) Enter the darkside and start traversing through memory looking for the pointers you need to start reading the data out. Although this is the cleanest and most efficient method, I wouldn't recommend trying this, and I especially wouldn't recommend anyone else going near code that does this. The risk of a ban is too high. On the plus side I'm sure the offsets are all available as there's software out there to edit them.

All of those 3 options have pretty huge compromises. Perhaps you had a different approach in mind?

I don't know if there's any data API for Dungeon Defenders, but if there isn't you're probably going to struggle with this.

From what I can see, you've got 3 options:

1) Let people manually enter stats for each item into some kind of interface. This could become extremely tedious - even visually scanning through item stats looking for upgrades takes long enough.

2) Try to pull data down from defenders store - I don't know much about defenders store, but I guess it's for people to put up items they intend to sell, not to use it for a service to scan their item boxes for upgrades.

3) Enter the darkside and start traversing through memory looking for the pointers you need to start reading the data out. Although this is the cleanest and most efficient method, I wouldn't recommend trying this, and I especially wouldn't recommend anyone else going near code that does this. The risk of a ban is too high. On the plus side I'm sure the offsets are all available as there's software out there to edit them.

All of those 3 options have pretty huge compromises. Perhaps you had a different approach in mind?

i dont want you to say what ways are possible, i want you to tell me what u think about that

i dont want you to say what ways are possible, i want you to tell me what u think about that

That's a completely null question. Of course people would like a tool that told them what gear is better.

That isn't the issue here, though, is it? How easy and safe the tool is to use is what matters to whether or not people will say they'd like to use it.

I would like it if it was an app that could read my character's equipped items, the content of my itembox and scan the items for sale in peoples AFK shops. With all of that info gathered I would then like to be able to specify certain types of items, a price range I'm willing to spend, and set certain base values for various stats that I'm looking for in those items. Then I would like to have it show me the best options that I currently have in my own itembox as well as any items that fall within my thresholds from the items in people's AFK shops.

It would also be nice to have it determine if I have a set bonus so that if I have Myth Plate armor equipped for set bonus on a character, only Myth/Trans plate armor should be recommended as a replacement since I obviously want to maintain my set bonuses.

This might be a handy tool. We'd have to look at the final product before declaring if it's safe for use on Ranked or not, but the idea is intriguing.

There was a thread a while back regarding item loot colour changes on the minimap in which someone from trendy said that green-tag customisation was being worked on. I think.

There was a thread a while back regarding item loot colour changes on the minimap in which someone from trendy said that green-tag customisation was being worked on. I think.

yeah they did xD

but na that sounds like a great idea for a programm

Let me know if you find a way (or If Trendy gives us a way) to load items into a csv or any other type of file. Thats all it would need then it would be pretty simple to program.

Trendy has to already be doing this in some fashion for the "defender store" webpage to work.

Having thought about this for a bit, I think this could be viable if done properly.

You'd want to avoid as much contact with the actual game as possible to avoid any chance of people getting VAC banned, but at the same time you want to make the process as smooth as possible to make sure it's easy to use.

VAC doesn't appear to care about ReadProcessMemory - I've not heard of anyone getting VAC banned for just reading the memory, so potentially this can be used.

The chances are, with a bit of poking around in the memory you'll find offsets for some kind of item entity table. If you can find that easily enough, you should be able to traverse the table to find out the information you need for each item. Hopefully some kind of coordinate for where it is, too.

The cleanest solution would be to have an EXTERNAL application which lets you select from various options (i.e. at least 200 tower TP..etc..), and the application will display an image of the map with markers to show matching items.

I don't think this would be too hard to make.

BUT, this could potentially be considered an exploit. I'm not sure how Trendy would feel about this - and I'm not even sure they'd allow discussion like this on their forums so please delete my post, trendy, if it's not acceptable!

I already made a little programm to find out the price I'll demand in my afk shop. You have to type in everything manually, so it isn't usable as a fast auto-pricing program. It's written in Python (script, not OO or funtional) and not really clean programmed because I did it in a rush. It took me about 15 minutes. I'm really generous with the prices, so it might not suit your opinion of an item's price.
This is the code:

Infinity = 1
while Infinity != 0:
gen = int(input("Generic Resist.: "))
ele = int(input("Poison Resista.: "))
ele += int(input("Fire Resistance: "))
ele += int(input("Lightning Resi.: "))
Hh = int(input("Hero Health: "))
Hs = int(input("Hero Speeed: "))
Hd = int(input("Hero Damage: "))
Hr = int(input("Hero Castin: "))
Ab1 = int(input("Ability 1: "))
Ab2 = int(input("Ability 2: "))
Th = int(input("Tower Health: "))
Tr = int(input("Tower AtRate: "))
Td = int(input("Tower Damage: "))
Ta = int(input("Tower AreaoE: "))
Up = int(input("Item Upgrade: "))

Hero = gen*4 + ele + Hh*1.2 + Hd*1.2 + Ab1*0.6 + Ab2*0.6
Tower = Th*1.25 + Tr*1.25 + Td*1.5 + Ta*0.75 + Hr*0.5
Hybrid = (Hero+Tower)/1.7

if Hero >= Tower and Hero >= Hybrid:
price = Hero
Type = "Hero"
else:
if Tower >= Hero and Tower >= Hybrid:
price = Tower
Type = "Tower"
else:
price = Hybrid
Type = "Hybrid"

price += Hs*0.25 + Up*0.5

print("_________")
print(int((price**2)*50))
print(Type)
print("_________")
Infinity = str(input(""))

As I already said it was done in a rush and the algorithm and the calculation formular aren't perfect. Really good items are FAR to cheap if one uses this script. One can easily avoid this by using more exponential operations with the main stats like Hero Damage/Tower Health/Tower Damage/etc.

hi guys, i started this project 1 week ago, so far i get all items. now i have a question:
how is the set bonus calculated exactly?

30% myth, 33% trans.

ok thx :)

edit: and godly and lower? are u sure about 33%, because the wiki say 30% for myth and higher