[GUIDE] Moraggo Survival solo/duo + wave 30s

birds from the Northwest, i assume you mean in mix mode. Those birds get caught in a snare and are easily killed by a harpoon which is clearly visible on the layout planner. you may have forgot to put it in. Nothing gets close to that crystal if you have it setup properly. i tested it with 4 players aka a ton of birds.

If non mix mode, there are no NW birds.

Non mix mode has two bird spawns. NE and South. both easily covered by the standard build. If you didn't add the snare and harpoon to the NW crystal area then it would easily fold to birds. otherwise, no damage should have been taken. Something the planner doesn't say-- The Added harpoon to the NW crystal area for Mix Mode is not on the ground floor behind the crystal, it is up high on the ledge. it can be hard to place.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was in mix mode, and yes, I did have that harpoon placed correctly with an ensnare. I'm still not sure how they kept getting through... Just my luck, I suppose :p

one way or another, im betting luck had nothing to do with it. Your harpoon may have been positioned improperly one way or another. It was tested on wave 16 with 7000 mobs spawning.

Maybe your harpoon was angled too much and able to attack the mobs at the blockade? it should be unable to attack anything except spiders on lower harpoons and birds. also could have been that weird bug that i keep hearing about with harpoons missing birds or something.. i haven't been able to make heads or tails about that though.

last but not least, was your snare aura being boosted by the buff beam. it should have been well above the roof of the building.

Yeah it was being boosted. I thought I had it set up so it wasn't hitting enemies at the wall, but maybe I goofed. Either that or that bug you mentioned.

Thanks for the tips.

Kandar can you post a pic of how your south east harpoons+buff looks like? I have to be doing something wrong there because I watched a wyvern fly through.

Kandar can you post a pic of how your south east harpoons+buff looks like? I have to be doing something wrong there because I watched a wyvern fly through.

did you watch it happen in real time or on the map.. Im wondering if they're not flying over the building and flanking the harpoons.. If so that is a b$tch to fix.

I think i may have a solution to this problem:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559812102313307940/B48039AF58CF384B8CCDDF17278A042F5A1266DC/
Was rock solid up until wave 23 when the north east wall broke because I couldn't repair it on the trap :(

Take note that you need to move the north-most harpoon turret in the Top-south crystal slightly forward in order for it to have the range to cover the southernmost turrets when DEWs or Genies get on them.

Also, I noticed another Ogre mysteriously get through again: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559812102313300860/8918BFF163C35F2D203F8111D4F8A819CA16FC9C/

here is what the wall looks like: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992939753/screenshot/559812102313313212/?

And another one that was smarter than usual and went around the blockades: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992939753/screenshot/559812102313303565/?

This only seems to happen near the end of a wave, maybe an aggro issue of some sort. However, i wasn't near either at the time it happened, only lucky enough to notice on the map before I wiped.

I may post more tonight once I try again, but wanted to get the info out for now.

iv actually been testing moving the far south all the way back to the southeast crystal. This solves a few issues at once.

been testing http://ddplanner.czokalapik.com/?l=1111,kandar-a-test

also fixes an issue with the slanted blockade at the SW crystal.

hey im trying out your "original" build not this one you just posted, and the "far sw" i don't get the setup? In the screen shot you have one harpoon and on the builder-link you have two harpoons? I can't really get two harpoons with the way you setup in the screen shot, but if you move one just on the lip of the steps you can get two there, long story to ask which one is right?

edit: this time with my screen shot!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993208811/screenshot/596966984475807231

because there has and will continue to be many revisions. the planner will always have the latest updated build. screen shots get updated much less often.

in the SS, it looks like your forward harpoon is too close. instead, put your beam more off to the side of the harpoon and put your two harpoons closer* to side by side.

It looked to me like he hugged the top of the roof and snuck around behind them but then just beelined for the crystal. That new build will probably fix it, if none of them decide to rush up the stairs to the SW crystal. Ill definitely try it later though.

I really thought this build cannot work but I just did it with a friend and it works like a charm ( only hc not mix ). We had no problems up to wave 14, when an ogre got to the southeast Crystal and destroyed it.

updated the OP with a new build.

Moved the far south defenses all the way back to the SE crystal. which did a few things.
Fixed issue with the slanted blockade at the SW crystal.
added a lot of firepower to the SW crystal area.

Tested with 4 players donkey farming. haven't had time to go into the 20s with it yet.

got till wave 22, then got pummeled by ogres at east entrance, the harpoons are not far away from the wall so they started smacking everything :S

they can be... but no matter, i have a fix for that im testing at the moment, it'll be in the next build revision.

updated the build. added a wall to the NE if you're into that sort of thing~

south is very different then it used to be. tested to wave 28 solo. did some wave 15 4 player testing as well.

The build is the "in testing" build.

Lol scrap.

Fixed bug that was erroneously giving Squire Tower 60% extra damage in Nightmare

I think it will still be workable. From 260% damage to 200%, which isn't so awful. Certainly will be more difficult, of course.

just got to 24 with this layout... can't repair walls so lolgres trolled their way through the walls....

well i'm never going back :D
Fixed bug that was erroneously giving Squire Tower 60% extra damage in Nightmare

you can repair those walls.... its just annoyingly hard. Spam repair super fast and you'll catch it.

you can repair those walls.... its just annoyingly hard. Spam repair super fast and you'll catch it.

ugh i know i can repair walls haha.... my friend who builds traps just has very high reset~

also i posted earlier about a goblin walking right past the north wall.... it happened... on wave 20, he went to the crystal inside, and it lost 10k hp. :)

I think it will still be workable. From 260% damage to 200%, which isn't so awful. Certainly will be more difficult, of course.

Unfortunately, it's more severe. Instead of 1.6x1.6=2.56, it will be just 1.6. Meaning it will go from 256% to 160%. Big difference.

Gah.. mix mode is just stupid. Not enough DU to effectively cover everything without leaving a gap somewhere. **** wyverns.

How much worse is the gear without mix mode on at the higher waves?

Gah.. mix mode is just stupid. Not enough DU to effectively cover everything without leaving a gap somewhere. **** wyverns.

How much worse is the gear without mix mode on at the higher waves?

i found my first trans at wave 19 nm hc.... 287^ leather dps helm... could reach 420 in hero hp so not bad i guess... the awesome stuff drops wave 25 + nm hc. mix mode probably 20+