Every class should be able to solo at least the campaigne!

For beginners, there is no information about that the campaign can only be solod by Squirl (or with a lot of luck, App).
My suggestion is, that every class should have some sort of blocking wall.

Since Patch 7.2 came out I tried to level every Class Solo to at least Nightmare difficulty but with Hunts + Monks its not possible.

For Huntress:

Gastraps don't really block, because if you place them behind the proxy+inferno the mobs who get killed by the next trigger will "erase" the blockade. For survial it's great to reduce the mobrush of a small lane. But for normal Campaign it is near useless.

Foundries and Forges wasn't possible to do, even after Level 20 (I leveled him in Deeperwell (it was a pain))

You could replace the Etheral Spike Trap against a Bush or something which fullfills the same roll as Spikes/Magicblockades.

For Monks:

The Support is great but enrage aura could be replaced against a Blocking Aura as well. Enrage Aura are great but very very situational. Except Survival it's not needed (even there it isn't rly ^^) imho.

And the Lighting Aura should cover at least two elements so that he has a chance against any mobs.
For Ogres I would recommend that the Monk can perform a "mental link" to one Lighting Aura to boost it in exchange to a faster dropping Aurahealth per tick.

For Challenges/Survival it's absolut okay, that you have to switch between several Builders if you play solo. But just for the leveling process it is (at least for me) very frustrating to be dependet on a Squirl or App.

Another big but much easier to solve suggestion would be to lower the cost for upgrading low level weapons by 90%. Sounds very much, but at the beginning you don't earn that much mana and you have to play from 1 to level 63 (in my testrun) to Upgrade a Weapon with ~30 Upgrades. But while leveling you change your weapon after every second map or something.
But while i leveled my toons i often found weapons where i thought "hmmm maybe it would be better but if i spend the mana now, i have to farm for days to get it high enough". But leveling is the process to learn the game and the different kind of weapons. But you don't have the mana to test it. Thats not right imho.
(Sure you could extract them to local and upp/test them, but
a)this isn't clear for newbies and its not really comfortable
and
b)if you gonna find another weapon at the next map, your totally screwed up)

Highlevel Weapons (i would say the weapons which require the max level) can have the same mana needed as they do now.
But for Leveling it would be totally awesome if you can test a lot of weapons to see which one fits for you the best.

Squire. S-Q-U-I-R-E.

Now that we got that out of the way, no. Every class should not be able to solo the campaign. When you make your first hero it shows Apprentice first and it says "Novice" under it. Squire says "Medium", Huntress says "Veteran" and Monk says "Master". If you pick a class that's intended for Veteran or Master players as your first class, you've already done something stupid. When you realize it was a dumb idea, you should go to one of the easier options until you learn how it works.

If you need luck to solo the campaign with an Apprentice you're doing something horribly wrong. Monk and Huntress are support classes. I didn't vote because both your options are stupid. Apprentices can solo the campaign just fine, all the way to Nightmare.

but at the beginning you don't earn that much mana and you have to play from 1 to level 63 (in my testrun)

learn to do hard hardmode. very easy and simple to do. i recently deleted all my characters and started all over on adept and thats exactly what i did... had no issues with mana whatsoever in any way

Squire. S-Q-U-I-R-E.

Now that we got that out of the way, no. Every class should not be able to solo the campaign. When you make your first hero it shows Apprentice first and it says "Novice" under it. Squire says "Medium", Huntress says "Veteran" and Monk says "Master". If you pick a class that's intended for Veteran or Master players as your first class, you've already done something stupid. When you realize it was a dumb idea, you should go to one of the easier options until you learn how it works.

If you need luck to solo the campaign with an Apprentice you're doing something horribly wrong. Monk and Huntress are support classes. I didn't vote because both your options are stupid. Apprentices can solo the campaign just fine, all the way to Nightmare.

a) On every game, i chose Hard or Hardest difficulty just to get a challange. And the game is still beatable. If you are that "skilled" that you every time you start with super easy, then hey, you are right.

b) Apprentice is much more harder then Squire. Even in Nightmare so. So your argument is totally obliterated.

c) Show me a Video where you solo endless Spire with hard/insane gear, without using a the guide at the forum. You won't be able to do it with a normal build just with luck. So YES App is a lot harder then Squire. And playing insane is wortheless anyway. You don't get better gear nor it is harder.

I think you should stick with Easy difficulty. Doubt you played something different yet.

learn to do hard hardmode. very easy and simple to do. i recently deleted all my characters and started all over on adept and thats exactly what i did... had no issues with mana whatsoever in any way

I only leveled in hardmode. And it's not possible to upgrade a weapon while leveling. You replace them way to fast. But if you really did that, show me a video where you play on hard and upgrade a weapon fully before replacing it to something better. 20^ and more ups are over 300k and i doubt youre doing 1000k+ with a hard map.

a) On every game, i chose Hard or Hardest difficulty just to get a challange. And the game is still beatable. If you are that "skilled" that you every time you start with super easy, then hey, you are right.

There is a difference between "Hard" and "Veteran". "Veteran" implies you have experience, hard just implies it's hard. I usually start out games on either Hard or Medium difficulty but if I can't handle that, I tune it down like any other person with half a brain.

b) Apprentice is much more harder then Squire. Even in Nightmare so. So your argument is totally obliterated.

No, it's not. Apprentice is an easy hero to start out with. It is true that Apprentice is slightly weaker than the Squire in terms of lategame Survival and Nightmare, but when playing through the Campaign for the first time it's easier to start out with an Apprentice. Apprentices start with Magic Missile Towers, Squires start with Spiked Blockades.

c) Show me a Video where you solo endless Spire with hard/insane gear, without using a the guide at the forum. You won't be able to do it with a normal build just with luck. So YES App is a lot harder then Squire. And playing insane is wortheless anyway. You don't get better gear nor it is harder.

I wrote several of the guides on the forum bro. I would make you a video but first of all I really don't give a crap about what you think and second my laptop has enough hassle handling DD, I'm pretty sure Fraps would kill it. I assumed you were talking about the easy through hard/insane campaign because there's just no way in hell Monks or Huntresses will ever be able to solo Nightmare levels. That would require so many changes that it wouldn't even be the same class.

I think you should stick with Easy difficulty. Doubt you played something different yet.

I've completed Mistymire through wave 30 on Nightmare Hardcore mode.
Feel free to check out some of my heroes here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042417734/screenshots/

And playing insane is wortheless anyway. You don't get better gear nor it is harder.

Why does everyone state this??? Insane Bosses are a lot harder than hard ones if your not already high enough to do all the insane ones, on regular maps ofc its nearly the same!

apprentice and squire are ability classes. monk and huntress are utility classes.

ability classes are always more powerful comparatively solo, because they are designed to be the killing classes. utility classes are always weaker solo, because they are designed to increase the killing power of ability classes. this does not need to be changed, at all, because it works (for better or worse) as intended.

also, any player has every tool at their disposal, and if they choose to not accept the fact that monks are not good to use as a tower killing class, that is their own fault trying to play against the design of the game. if you want to solo as a monk, build with your squire or apprentice during the build phase and then switch back to your monk.

solo means it is just you, not just one class.

[c3;397800']apprentice and squire are ability classes. monk and huntress are utility classes.

ability classes are always more powerful comparatively solo, because they are designed to be the killing classes. utility classes are always weaker solo, because they are designed to increase the killing power of ability classes. this does not need to be changed, at all, because it works (for better or worse) as intended.

also, any player has every tool at their disposal, and if they choose to not accept the fact that monks are not good to use as a tower killing class, that is their own fault trying to play against the design of the game. if you want to solo as a monk, build with your squire or apprentice during the build phase and then switch back to your monk.

Well said.

[c3;397800']apprentice and squire are ability classes. monk and huntress are utility classes.

1) If my switched builder would gain EXP, ofc it would be ok. But in this case, you have to Level your Squire first, before you can enjoy the class you actually wanna play.

2) I guess more than 85% of the comm are using Squire, Count or Barb (and the rest Hunters) at the Endgame because everyone else is too squishy. So declaring an App as a "Novice" Char isn't the truth.

--> Conclusion: Remove Huntress/Monks/Int etc from the game and add Pets which are equipable and can summon Traps and Auras. Wouldn't make a difference (although would be better) because they are useless as an active player at the endgame and you would lose the annoying charswitch.
Or give me a reason, why they should be playable. For low level? Bohoo

To create the illusion, that playing a monk (f.e. two player splitscreen: one is active builder and another one UTILITY monk (btw if he skilled auras, he is even more squishy and useless in nightmare)) is effective on any difficulty but then get facepalmed in nightmare because the gameplay is more or less turend by 180.

What i mostly enjoy at this game, that you can play together on splitscreen. But that you restricted to use Squire + DPS totally destroys the "every path leads to rome" core of any Tactical Tower Defense Game.
The Tactic to realise that Squire is the only viable (after the Appnerf and Nightmare) Class and the DPS Char is only a repair /towerbuff ***** ISN'T a tactic. In Survival you don't have ANY chances to do it another way.

Why isn't it possible to at least play through the campaign with an trapper + auramonk or dpssquire+trapper or dpsapp+monk etcpp?

Monk I agree should be some attention from developer, or we just haven't thought of a good way of utilising them. Remember with hero buff and high-end Nosf (way too easy to farm), they can deal out pretty sick resist and DPS remember.

I think huntress/ranger are still important players, especially near end-game if not more so for djinn disruption (invis/pierce good combo in spider/djinn rush). You try getting a squire/barb to hit djinns 20 feet up in the air by jumping or aim using hawk stance whilst having 50 spiders webbing your sorry behind. Fat chance.

youre not going to be able to solo the campaign as a barbarian.

youre not going to be able to solo the campaign as a series EV.

your not going to be able to solo the campaign as anything that does not have attack towers.

the classes are designed so that they have abilities that compliment each other, which they currently do. stop getting angry because you dont want to accept this fundamental concept of the game.

Monk I agree should be some attention from developer, or we just haven't thought of a good way of utilising them. Remember with hero buff and high-end Nosf (way too easy to farm), they can deal out pretty sick resist and DPS remember.

I think huntress/ranger are still important players, especially near end-game if not more so for djinn disruption (invis/pierce good combo in spider/djinn rush). You try getting a squire/barb to hit djinns 20 feet up in the air by jumping or aim using hawk stance whilst having 50 spiders webbing your sorry behind. Fat chance.

If only hero DPS meant anything at all in the endgame. I'm pretty sure monks wont ever beat barbarians in dps and even if they do I'd rather have 2.5 mil dps and 500k hp than 3mil dps and 50k hp.

If only hero DPS meant anything at all in the endgame. I'm pretty sure monks wont ever beat barbarians in dps and even if they do I'd rather have 2.5 mil dps and 500k hp than 3mil dps and 50k hp.

I don't disagree with you that's why I mentioned Monk Class probably need some attention from the developers

I don't have a problem, that in survival you need a good tactic + charmanagement, it's endgame. But like any mmorpg the "leveling" process should be doable solo.
And Rangers can be used to intercept but ninjas or kobodls will oneshot you nevertheless. To go near or behind the walls on high waves is dangerous. So Rangers arn't that usefull in my opinion.
If DPS chars would able to do 2-3 Mio dps on Nightmare, ok, then you could handle your squishiness with skill. But as long as you need 5 seconds for every mob on wave 20+ its (not even mentioned ogres/djins) it's all about tankieness. So the only viable options are Squire and Barbs.

Maybe I'm the kind of person who enjoys the leveling with friends more then playing copy&paste waves for hours so that you can't understand why i want more versality in playing this part.

I agree that one PERSON should be able to solo campaign maps, including bosses, with campaign gear. This was true up until Mistymire, where the queen's random behavior post-enrage coupled with the length of the fight makes this impossible unless you have post-campaign gear.

People need to stop thinking of this game as an rpg where you have one character and you progress with just that character. This is not an rpg, this is not an mmo, this is not even a tower defense. This game is a hybrid and created a new genre. Stop applying old genre limits to it.

yeah i understand that point. But try it like i did. Play together with some ppl on long evening. You'll see that they wanna play DPS Monk / DPS App or Towermonk or whatever. Now you have to tell them, thats not possible because in 5-6 hours when you reach nightmare their chars are nearly useless as active playable chars. So you let them decide between Squire/Count/Barb/(Ranger) DPS and someone has to play Squire Tower (Apps are useless atm). Bohooo thats boring..

Seriously i think the Pet Idea which can summon traps and auras would be much better because you don't get the illusion that every char is viable to be played. Monks, Trapper and Apps are just on the bench waiting to summon some support and then go back..

Your poll does not have the right choices. And while it's true that it's particularly hard to solo through the campaign with a couple classes, it isn't impossible, and doesn't require really unusual play to do.

The monk is supposed to be the hardest, but it isn't not having a wall that slows him down. Walls are often not a very great use. They can slow something down, but that isn't good enough and isn't the way you should plan. You need to plan to kill stuff. If you want walls so you can always get there and kill it yourself, then you are spending way too much time running.

If you need walls so that your other defenses can kill things, then you didn't make them strong enough.

It would be nice if the campaign was soloable, and with most classes on easy it is. Though it can be a pretty annoying experience. Normal requires a slight bit of skill but can still be done. I wouldn't even bother on hard because it would be a ridiculous challenge that I don't really want to do. Still, for most of my characters even on ranked Trendy net games. I select the hard map, set the match to hide, and go into it alone, with minimal countess or Adept towers to cover the anti-air.

I have done the same on insane too. I wouldn't really expect anyone to try and solo hero most of the insane levels with anyone other then the squire/countess or Apprentice/Adept, though I have heard and watched a few people do it with the Huntress/Ranger.

Most of all the rare time that I use walls are when archers might get too close to the crystal and could fire. I think I used a couple on royal gardens until I got some other defenses available.

Since the game was designed with playing with others in the grand scheme, there doesn't seem to be a reason to go at any level with just one hero.

[QUOTE=J
If you need walls so that your other defenses can kill things, then you didn't make them strong enough.
[/QUOTE]

You always need Walls when there are Ogres/Ninjas. No defense is strong enough to kill everything inside a Ensnare (ok proxy+inferno+EVBeam+Boost+Towers might do that but then you covered one lane and are out of DU :) )

I tryed every class solo too. On any difficulty, every map. I did the same, that you did -> add support from other classes when needed.

Monks are useless right now. As a Hybrid you can play through Easy-Insane. Just find a good ranged weapon and spec dmg and towerdmg and place Squirewalls on every lane to stop ogres and lightning immunes. its doable but sometimes really sick. But that's it. Nightmare no chances

Huntress is the same with the exception that you only need Walls where Ogres will come. Problem here is, that the start is totally horrible. Proxys don't have enough loads ---> I skilled the first 10-12 Levels into Towerhealth. Now they have enough loads to survive half a map but don't do any real dmg. As you reach ~30 things gonna change a lot. With Walls and a good anitair setup (you don't need antiair towers if your tower stats are high (around level 60) with good placement) it's doable. And then the same. In Nightmare no chances

Nightmare (in its actually way) was the worst choice to be implemented imho. Never understood why they are different multiplicators and a completely change from (HeroDPS nice -->Hero DPS useless ; Auras/Traps very nice --> Squireonly!!!; With Skill and Movement you can survive --> with Skill and Movement your dead if not having ultra resis + hp)

Look back to Insane times, where everybody was farming Alchlab. You saw 20 different guides. They had a huge range of variation. From Monk setups over Trapsetups to App setups and Hybrids of that (Squire was kinda useless this times :) )
Look at the Mistysetups (and other surv setups as well) Most of them look kinda same. The only person, who brought some variation was Kandar but even his setups uses standart 2 Harpoons per lane philosophy.

This is, Perhaps the most retarded thread I've seen today. Honestly. Award him, somebody.

Guide to solo play for all classes! Woo!

I beat the entire game on each class. Of course, Only squire can solo nightmare (App if your lucky).
Why? This game is about what now?

Spell it with me...

T-E-A-M-W-O-R-K.

You have to use ALL characters to effectively play! Not just squire, Not just app, Certainly not just monk, And I'll slap you if you even consider barbarian solo play.

All towers were designed to work with other towers. App walls remove element so inferno trap and elec aura can work together while harpoons shoot wyverns. That's just one, Of the hundreds of examples. This game is co-op. Not lol,i-can-kill-everything-myself-in-one-shot.

Most of my builds dont even use walls anyway... And my first character was a monk, I had no problems up to 70... Instead of coming to forums to complain, Come to forums and seek help. Thats all I can say really.

Spell it with me... LEAR TO READ AND USE YOUR BRAIN

Nobody said that everyone should "lol,i-can-kill-everything-myself-in-one-shot" (i bet you really talk like this).
And before I talk with a Zerobrainer like you just proof me one thing:

"Most of my builds dont even use walls anyway"
Show me Glitter / ES / Throne / Ramparts / Summit whatever you want SOLO without walls on Nightmare HC. Seriously bro, don't talk bull**** like this.
(I can do f.e. ramparts witouth walls but just with highstats but thats not progression)

And again: LEARN TO READ AND USE YOUR BRAIN:

"And my first character was a monk, I had no problems up to 70..."

what did i write one post before yours? (Monks are useless right now. As a Hybrid you can play through Easy-Insane [...])

Hmm nightmare as a difficulty was kind of designed to force you to use several different classes to compliment each other (whether it succeeds on this point is another topic). It was created to be *nightmarish* and be a more challenging mode for those people who were bored and thought insane was too easy. Why should it suddenly be soloable by any and every single class whose defenses are specifically and obviously designed to compliment those of the other classes? If anything, this would defeat the very purpose of nightmare - nightmare would just become insane with better gear.

The fact that squires are able to break into nightmare solo by virtue of the current strength of their towers should be seen as an exception that needs to be fixed, not as a standard that all other classes should also be able to replicate.

The first character I leveled on ranked was my monk. Completed almost all of insane with him, including UMF. When I tried nightmare deeper wells for the first time I was crushed miserably, so I came to the forums and saw other people were having a lot of success with mixed hero builds. As a result I decided to level an apprentice to 74 and started getting myths with a little work and patience using my monk as aura support. Why is adapting to new obstacles so hard for some people? I guess they would rather just complain and hope trendy will dumb down the challenge to quiet their incessant groaning.

It's the easy road.

Then tell me how did 99% of the community the nightmare campaign? I bet with squire and maybe a few Ensnares. (Prepatch App only ofc with maybe Walls from Squire)
Nobody used:
Lightning aura, cuz of dmg and immunities,
Enrage? , sure if you want to play 5 hours a map
Traps don't do enough dmg to beat ogres and ninjas,
Apptowers can be used but why? You'll have problems with immunities and they lack of dmg now.

So you nearly HAVE to use Squiretowers. Am I the only one who doens't want to be the rat in a labyrinth? I want to have more then 1 option to beat the game.

Since some ppl arn't able to read or just want to flame: No I don't want everything oneshottet with ease, neither easier challanges.
Just want nearly every charcombination viable. At least for the campaign.

You are right about enrage slowing the wave down, but there is also the immunity problem with it.

As for traps, one single trap won't often kill an ogre, and often times a Dark elf warrior "ninja" will run through it and take very little damage, but that is why you have an extra trap or two for them to walk through.

Apprentice towers can be used very effectively. Well one at least. The classic Magic missile. Low cost, can get incredibly fast, and nothing is immune to it.

Yes people are over exaggerating the idea that you have. They try and defend the concept that people shouldn't solo nightmare. But you only said every hero should be able to get through insane solo. If you meant nightmare also, then that is just completely crazy.

As for getting through insane it is incredibly rare. You would probably have to have incredible gear from the harder nightmare survivals to be able to kill everything before the crystal goes down. The thing is that walls won't fix the issue. When it comes down to it, if your defenses aren't going to kill the creature before it destroys some defenses, then the creature will destroy the wall, and the next creature will destroy defenses while you rush there to kill it.

There aren't enough stat points without gear from well beyond the level you are trying to get through, and even with the gear, it's a big over the top to be able to do it.

There is a reason for normal and hard difficulties. Those are the difficulties for people to play through on their own every time, even using only one hero.

Insane is the call to arms. If you aren't playing with someone else, then you still need a second hero to get up the extra defenses that are needed. Nightmare of course is probably nearly twice as hard as insane. I've looked at a few of the placements. It's usually, start with these and cover this area. Then place more after the first wave is over, and upgrade/repair everything that nearly got destroyed in the first round. Most of the builds plan around setting up over 2 rounds, and often 3 rounds because you don't exactly have enough time to build defenses with three hero's during one build phase.

More simply put then it was ever typed before. Hard is good enough if you only want to use one hero. Insane and Nightmare require more then one solo hero, even if there is on hero that actually can do it.