Why exactly does 70-78 take so long?

0-74 isn't that long, and really you should just get 74-78 through normal play. you probably wont get transcendant gear for a while unless you go for it specifically, so just play the game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-74 isn't that long, and really you should just get 74-78 through normal play. you probably wont get transcendant gear for a while unless you go for it specifically, so just play the game.

Most of my heroes don't get XP when I "just play the game". As in never. There's never a need for having my wall squire in the game, however there is a rather large need for having him on level 78. You get transcendent gear the exact same way you get high level mythical gear, so how exactly would one go for it specifically? I got my first piece of transcendant gear the first day the expansion was out, and I currently have several pieces that are just sitting in my item box, waiting for me to level my trap huntress and other heroes to 78. I didn't buy any of them, I got them while doing stuff I would be doing anyway.

True true, but dungeon defenders has a quicker leveling system compared to those games. Think of the speech skill from skyrim, when will that ever be leveled? Looting is better than buying and most people just did that one infinte speech XP in riften. Pokemon is just a general XP gain, make the opponents Pokemon faint, earn xp per Pokemon fainted and XP is randomized. Compared to DD where each monster gives a specific amount of XP and awards give you XP.

In Pokemon and DD you level multiple chars/Pokemon. Unless you just play for the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riften speech exploit my friend... But, back to the subject I completly agree. The mindless grinding has no use except to waste our time... We realize that there are 4 extra levels, so just let us have an opotion to auto lvl our builders, and our dpsers if we so chose...

I use every single one of my 10 heroes except one, my second apprentice - and I'll probably end up needing that too at some point if I want to do a pure app build. I need two squires, one for walls and one for towers. Same with apprentice, same with EV. I use my ranger for upgrading at the start of survivals and I use my barbarian for when the upgrading is done. Then there's my aura monk and my trap huntress. I'm not saying the game is forcing me to use them all, I'm simply saying that I need them and the amount of xp needed to level from 70 to 78 is pointless.

Let's list the pros and cons shall we?

Pros of needing 50 million XP to level a hero from 70-78:

*Blank*

Cons:

Leveling heroes takes ages, nobody likes it and it's boring as hell.

I challenge anyone to find me some more things to add to that list, though you better think it through because I'll logic you if you don't.

And that is fine and dandy; if you want to have a different character for every stat that is your business, that does not mean the game needs to be balanced around your obsession.

And that is fine and dandy; if you want to have a different character for every stat that is your business, that does not mean the game needs to be balanced around your obsession.

Actually, the game IS balanced around this.

Mobs with sick damage forcing you to have dedicated wall builders and main builder with maxed tower DPS.
The tower upgrade cost force you to have a ranged dps char with a decent genie to do that work as fast as you can.
You need a highend barbarian or countess to grind assault NM.
You also, need a dedicated aura monk, and a dedicated trap huntress.

So dont call it obsession, call it endgame needs.

I agree too. Even if the leveling can be done "fast", it's as enjoyable as wizardry challenge. (=> Not fun, not requiring anything new, it's just useless grind)

Mobs with sick damage forcing you to have dedicated wall builders and main builder with maxed tower DPS.
The tower upgrade cost force you to have a ranged dps char with a decent genie to do that work as fast as you can.

Well said, thanks for saving me the time :)

My main builder (countess) and dps (huntress) got lvl 78 in survivals. Then I just switched their gear with my towerHP squire and trap huntress. Keep it simple :p

My main builder (countess) and dps (huntress) got lvl 78 in survivals. Then I just switched their gear with my towerHP squire and trap huntress. Keep it simple :p

Haha, that's frickin brilliant. Would be anyway, if I wasn't already using trans stuff on my countess builder. Though I might do that with my huntress.

Excuse me, but the game is NOT balanced around this. You're meant to have 3 other players with you when you are playing this game. Is it possible that you can solo it when having ten different characters? Yes it is, but don't act like Trendy needs to take this into account when balancing their game. If you want to play by yourself that is fine but then you need to be prepared to put in four times the amount of work then people who are playing as a team.

You're also acting like gear is soulbound to a character. So you're saying that you can't use the same Squire toon for wall building and to grind NM assault? You can't use the same App for DPS towers and repairing/upgrading towers? In your list of needs I'm still only seeing the need for 4 - 6 characters, not 10. Sorry, but it's obsession, not necessity.

Of course leveling 10 characters is a choice (I only leveled all 8 original/counterpart heroes originally because the Group Hug achievement didn't count the counterparts), but leveling 6 is the same as leveling 8 if you split screen. However, TE seems to think that people desire more characters than that if you look at the upcoming 7.26 patch notes:

[quote]Increased Maximum Number of Heroes allowed on a profile from 16 to 24[/quote]

Why anyone would want to level *that* many is beyond me, but it's coming just the same. Shared accounts aren't exactly popular for PC, and it may be a while before consoles see it (if at all).

Excuse me, but the game is NOT balanced around this. You're meant to have 3 other players with you when you are playing this game. Is it possible that you can solo it when having ten different characters? Yes it is, but don't act like Trendy needs to take this into account when balancing their game. If you want to play by yourself that is fine but then you need to be prepared to put in four times the amount of work then people who are playing as a team.

You're also acting like gear is soulbound to a character. So you're saying that you can't use the same Squire toon for wall building and to grind NM assault? You can't use the same App for DPS towers and repairing/upgrading towers? In your list of needs I'm still only seeing the need for 4 - 6 characters, not 10. Sorry, but it's obsession, not necessity.

If you take advantage of a team, that means that sure, you can make do with only 2-3 heroes each. However you can't do anything without your team, and that sucks. What if I want to play with different people or without anyone at some point? I can't use my trap huntress for DPS because I use traps in pretty much every build I make. I couldn't use my wall squire for dps because I always used both my tower countess and my wall squire together before the EV was released. I only have one monk and all my builds use auras. I have two apprentices and I only use one of them, mostly for walls but I often combine that with all the ones I already listed. Then there's my barb for when I'm done upgrading with my ranger.

So that's seven heroes I used to be unable to make it without. Now I have a wall EV and a tower EV, and I use both of them together all the time. That's 9 heroes, but my wall squire is kind of outdated now so let's make it 8. 8 heroes I need for pretty much anything I do, apart from the rare cases when someone I play with have better heroes than me. Believe it or not, finding people with 3k THP EVs, 2,6k TDMG countess builders and 2k TDMG traptresses is actually kinda hard.

So you tell me how I'm supposed to be able to function without these heroes when I don't have any friends online with better or equal options.

74-78 can go quite quick doing Survival on the new DLC campaign maps or a few NM HC OMF runs. I maxed out the level 78 XP on my Countess in one Survival run on Moraggo.

This grind is exactly why I don't even play this game anymore. I paid for a tower defense when this released. Not a Korean MMO grindfest. All my friends stopped playing this for the exact same reason too. Makes me wish I abused the game when the levelcap got increased when it was still a fair amount of XP to the next level.

74-78 can go quite quick doing Survival on the new DLC campaign maps or a few NM HC OMF runs. I maxed out the level 78 XP on my Countess in one Survival run on Moraggo.

Well yeah, but that doesn't help my wall EV.

Well yeah, but that doesn't help my wall EV.

Or someone like me who hasn't already grinded to get great gear. I probably wouldn't even survive a minute in NMHC OMF. I've not even been able to clear NMHC Glitter! I get close, but haven't been able to finish the last wave.

• 5 months later...

I don't like correcting People but if you have 4 ppl teamed vs 100 enemies 1 person soloing would have about 30

I don't like correcting People but if you have 4 ppl teamed vs 100 enemies 1 person soloing would have about 30

This thread is 5+ months old