Future Of Dungeon Defenders

They could let the community do it. We work for free, haha..

I don't think that would look good for them as a company though

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say this mode is a beta? All gear is currently ingame already and it completely screwed with any progression in the game. Even though this is a 'beta', the loot that is in the game is still real none the less, beta or not. Slapping a beta sticker on content which you are basically selling, and is in the final version of the game does NOT help the case. This is exactly what is happening now though. They are selling nightmare mode (yes, they sell it. I didn't buy the entire DLC pack for the DLC, and I'm sure I'm far from the only one), and they are using the people who bought it as 'beta testers'. Also, nightmare is not dumbed down, it's merely different from it's final version because not all mobs are here. But, that is completely irrelevant to the actual topic at question. Nobody is questioning the difficulty of the current content, just loot progression and uberstats.

On top of that, it IS a problem that stats are this high, and it's not solvable by just slapping extra HP on mobs. As of now, it doesn't make any sense to have more than 400 tower range or so because it already covers the whole map. Attack speed is usable but as of now, my harpoons can shoot practically in a constant stream of harpoons. That's not how it's supposed to be. If stats become even higher, it'll be even more ridiculous and completely offworld.

Can't give my opinion on Spiral Knights, since I stopped playing after half an hour because I thought the combat system sucked, but it is a good point that loadouts would be a good idea for PvP.

Take the multiplier away from the classes and poof! Instant fix. They know what they are doing, the sky is not falling, chicken littles.

Take the multiplier away from the classes and poof! Instant fix. They know what they are doing, the sky is not falling, chicken littles.

Trendy most certainly does not know what they're doing. The players have been complaining about the progression path for months. It goes:

1) Get to 74
2) Struggle with NMHCES Wave 1 for gear
3) Use Wave 1 gear to struggle with NMHCES Wave 2
4) Use Wave 2 gear...
8) Use NMHCES gear to struggle with Mystmire Wave 3/4/whatever
9) Use Wave 3/4/whatever...

There's no smooth progression. It's basically continuing to fail until you get lucky enough to find something that makes you fail a little less. The massive Squire nerf further breaks progression for new players and erodes the progress of long-standing players.

Trendy most certainly does not know what they're doing. The players have been complaining about the progression path for months. It goes:

1) Get to 70
2) Struggle with NMHCES Wave 1 for gear
3) Use Wave 1 gear to struggle with NMHCES Wave 2
4) Use Wave 2 gear...
8) Use NMHCES gear to struggle with Mystmire Wave 3/4/whatever
9) Use Wave 3/4/whatever...

There's no smooth progression. It's basically continuing to fail until you get lucky enough to find something that makes you fail a little less. The massive Squire nerf further breaks progression for new players and erodes the progress of long-standing players.

THIS IS EARLY ACCESS TO AN UNFINISHED GAME MODE. It, in it's current form, is meant for the brave souls who want a challenge, and don't mind a few roadbumps along the way, not the whiny masses who want their hands held.

When the mode is released, there WILL be a progression path, complaining about this now is wasting breath, everything isn't there yet, the finishing touches are not complete.

Long standing players? I've played this game since iOS, and I know there will be some changes along the way when the mode is finally complete. What I think is funny is that people spend hours and hours chasing after better stuff when there is no guarantee that anything that is here today will be here 'tomorrow' or when the game is finished.

It will all be fine, quit crying about progression on something that doesn't even have a clear end, it's impossible

It isn't a waste of breath. Nightmare has been in "beta" for four months and Trendy continually makes progression worse. They haven't indicated in any way that they will address it or are capable of addressing it.

It isn't a waste of breath. Nightmare has been in "beta" for four months and Trendy continually makes progression worse. They haven't indicated in any way that they will address it or are capable of addressing it.

At least you guys have some newness and at least can attempt a challenge, consoles are way to easy and one new map really does not much help the livability of a game, especially with the same(squire tower here, squire tower there) thing we have going on with consoles and with nothing new to keep us even remotely interested, at least you guys have some way to progress b/c us consolers(especially 360) have and will be stuck at day one problems for a half a year or more now.

THIS IS EARLY ACCESS TO AN UNFINISHED GAME MODE. It, in it's current form, is meant for the brave souls who want a challenge, and don't mind a few roadbumps along the way, not the whiny masses who want their hands held.

When the mode is released, there WILL be a progression path, complaining about this now is wasting breath, everything isn't there yet, the finishing touches are not complete.

Long standing players? I've played this game since iOS, and I know there will be some changes along the way when the mode is finally complete. What I think is funny is that people spend hours and hours chasing after better stuff when there is no guarantee that anything that is here today will be here 'tomorrow' or when the game is finished.

It will all be fine, quit crying about progression on something that doesn't even have a clear end, it's impossible

this thread was meant to address an issue, not whine. if you think discussing an issue is whining, then please sir and/or madam, gtfo. thank you.
EDIT : last i checked beta-testers are SUPPOSED to address and spot-light issues... hur dur

First off, it's not early access. Everyone can enter it perfectly fine, and as I noted before, they're basically selling the mode already. That means that it's not simple an early access or beta, it's content that is in the final game already. What Ceron says is a good point as well. Even though there might be balance changes and the sort, they so far only made progression worse. And not once either. They decided to screw up over and over and over again, making progression worse with about every patch they put out. There's not a single Trendy answer on threads that actually point out huge faults in the game, but they do respond in 'easy to do' features like hiding your gun in FPV. How's that a guarantuee for me that all will be fine in the end?