Future Of Dungeon Defenders

I've been wondering this for a few days now; how is Dungeon Defenders to progress when at such an early stage in its life when a persons tower will already shot dozens of projectiles a millisecond? Or we're moving at the speed cap? Or it takes a split second to build/repair/upgrade a tower? I'm perplexed at how progression is to occur when it's already at this state; it would take a major reworking of scaling/leveling/stats to fix this issue. And if someone doesn't understand, here is what I am saying:

Say someone is at the top of the game right now; where their towers deal thousands of damage, fire dozens of projectiles every second, and can fire half-way across the map... How is the game to progress further past that? Perhaps by adding new champions with different scaling? New maps? PVP? I don't know.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World Defenders(DD2)

Meet the parents. Keep cartoonish style, add gore, add adults.

A brand new game would be a lot of work and wouldn't fix the current issue with this game; would just be ignoring it. And "adults"? Last I checked the females had breasts.

I've been wondering this for a few days now; how is Dungeon Defenders to progress when at such an early stage in its life when a persons tower will already shot dozens of projectiles a millisecond? Or we're moving at the speed cap? Or it takes a split second to build/repair/upgrade a tower? I'm perplexed at how progression is to occur when it's already at this state; it would take a major reworking of scaling/leveling/stats to fix this issue. And if someone doesn't understand, here is what I am saying:

Say someone is at the top of the game right now; where their towers deal thousands of damage, fire dozens of projectiles every second, and can fire half-way across the map... How is the game to progress further past that? Perhaps by adding new champions with different scaling? New maps? PVP? I don't know.

Nothing wrong with a re-balance and an expansion or such.

"Re-designed scaling of towers in alignement of new content, upped damage, lowered attack rate and range, etc etc." A simple rebalancing of formulae. It might cause a bit of a storm at first, but it wouldn't be such a bad thing in the long run.

If they plan on increasing stats after every xpac then at some point they are going to have to do a stat crunch. That or we'll be looking at 2 billion DPS and good stats will be considered like 10k or something.

Also, just a quick heads up, you should really not color your font as such. While it's not against forum rules or anything, it is generally frowned upon by the community. Just letting you know!

The stat crunch seems imminent; if that is the choice they decide to go with.

But say the stat crunch does happen... Then what happens to lower levels trying to get into the meta-game? Progression is already a highly alienating complained about topic; should a stat crunching occur it would exasperate this issue.

I sometimes still think about how awesome a complete restart of the game would be. Remove all loot of every player, and rebalance the game from the ground up, meaning there's progression from hard campaign --> insane campaign --> nightmare campaign, where loot from the previous levels always help you on the next. Of course, it's near impossible to actually do this, with people having 1000's of hours in the game in extreme cases. Still, it would make me happy when it would actually happen. Making a sequel would be the easiest thing to do, of course, but wouldn't fix what's wrong with the current game.

But the OP has a point, a stat crunch would have to happen at some point if they want to keep adding more content. How that stat crunch is going to work out could indeed have some serious issues for beginning players though.

And "adults"? Last I checked the females had breasts.

In the intro it states that they're kids. There are children who have boobs lmao

The best solution for this would be adding new mode option that doesn't up the resistance and damage of the mobs but rather lowering effectiveness of stats
as in, 1000 fire rate in this new mode option would be the same as 100 rate in the normal game, that was we'd keep current progression but keep it hard.

I sometimes still think about how awesome a complete restart of the game would be. Remove all loot of every player, and rebalance the game from the ground up, meaning there's progression from hard campaign --> insane campaign --> nightmare campaign, where loot from the previous levels always help you on the next. Of course, it's near impossible to actually do this, with people having 1000's of hours in the game in extreme cases. Still, it would make me happy when it would actually happen. Making a sequel would be the easiest thing to do, of course, but wouldn't fix what's wrong with the current game.

But the OP has a point, a stat crunch would have to happen at some point if they want to keep adding more content. How that stat crunch is going to work out could indeed have some serious issues for beginning players though.

So you want something like a periodic ladder reset in Diablo 2...

I actually think it's a good idea once all 4 LES parts are released.

Resetting would only hurt the legit people its a bad idea in the end... Cheaters will still cheat and the dedicated will just lose all there progress....

It'd be fun, id like it but to do it now would piss people off. How about a new called ranked ladder which would have periodic resets.

It'd be fun, id like it but to do it now would piss people off. How about a new called ranked ladder which would have periodic resets.

That's only going to split up all the players of this game even more, i think that is another bad idea you wanna try to keep everyone together so there are more lobbies to play in when searching for a match....

Ranked Ladder would need PvP focus and as we know this game is not PvP balanced at all at the current state.
Future of DD is to be forgotten after day the last DLC comes out, people will throw themselves onto Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3.
DD is endless grind where stats are all that matters and amount of hackers is too great to contain balanced level of enjoyment. Also after you reach certain stats range game becomes once-in-a-while match when someone invites you.

The best solution for this would be adding new mode option that doesn't up the resistance and damage of the mobs but rather lowering effectiveness of stats
as in, 1000 fire rate in this new mode option would be the same as 100 rate in the normal game, that was we'd keep current progression but keep it hard.

So, like... nightmare?

So, like... nightmare?

no, all stats carry over into nightmare, infact, the damage of towers is buffed

put a tower on a target dummy in the tavern and watch its damage, then put the same tower on a mob in nightmare... hell even an ogre, itll hit for more

people will throw themselves onto Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3.

im not, and i guarantee a lot of other people arent, speak for yourself please. I want to keep playing this game but im worried about its future with the current state it is in

Quit worrying. The aren't idiots. They made this great game we play after all. They wont do anything to threaten the future of their source of revenue.

the game needs a rework of its stats or a rework of its nightmare mode... or perhaps the new maps will have "dampeners" on our stats and they'll be extremely difficult (concerning new maps please look here) and these same maps will be the hardest of hard and only people at the end game (and these people are the only ones whom this issue would apply to in the first place) would be able to beat. there should also be more emphasis for playing with other people imo. ive soloed everything and i have no incentive to go through the heartburn of dealing with other people complaining about builds or loot or whatever it may be.

They wont do anything to threaten the future of their source of revenue.

like having it so our towers are already unimaginably fast, long ranged, and strong? yup.

how would it be possible to progress past a point where your towers are already in the state that they are (talking to the people with the end game gear)?

Whatever dude, they'll handle it. Im tired of seeing this thread can you leave it alone already?