[GUIDE] Misty Survival Mix Mode Wave 30. Layout & Pictures.

If you don't kill the trash, the shark gets pushed to the middle by trash mobs, has LoS on the blockade and BAM! Sharks charging.

Happens to me every time... Haha. Thanks for the advice about the west tower placement, though!

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, i may convert the north explosive into an inferno. The inferno will solve the issue and cause seizures for many.

An inferno has the reach of an explosive but is far more consistent in that situation. it doesn't require a constant trigger.

Updated the build to use an Inferno in the north. Took away the darkness in the East. Added a reflect to East. Shouldn't be problematic.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents share to maybe help improve your build. Instead of having a proxy mine at the top of the stairway for spiders, move the ensare trap on the west a little bit to the right so it ensares the spiders coming down the steps. This should give ample time for your towers at the west to kill the spiders before they can web them. The proxy trap can then be used for the East zone, which I felt helped me handle the sharken much more effectively.

I hope this helps some of you guys. I was able to clear MM with that, instead of previously always getting whooped by sharkens from the East.

Im getting really frustrated with my east and south... im using the alternate build and on wave 20-22 my harpoons on south were shooting nothing but the tree enabling sharken to just run by. on the east, ogres cause my towers to not shoot the sharken and within no time the sharken are through... any suggestions?

Hi Kandar

I modified one of your older builds, and its been fairly successful for me. I will try your new build though, as I still have the occasional trouble with the fireball turrets prioritizing ogres and djinn over sharken. The modification of your build I use is here:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=4151,gamblor-misty-post-sharken-v1

It uses a slightly different approach - I put a fireball tower above the northern barricade. It has line of sight right down the north east corridor, and with gas and darkness traps pushed further up that corridor it smashes sharken while they choke.

Also modified the south, as you used to have it another time - on all corridors, the fireballs have LoS on the gas/darkness and smash the sharken.

I expect once the tower targetting is fixed next patch it'll be more effective. Chances are your build is better right now. Going to check it out. But maybe my build might give you some inspiration (especially on the north barricade with the FB tower)

ps the ddbuilder only lists 137/140 DU used, but when I build in-game it always ends up 140. Not sure what gives, I double checked and everything I use is there.

pps the ddbuilder also doesn't stretch the buff beam from the north walls all the way to the explosive trap and mage wall. Trust me, it does reach. Not sure why it doesn't show it.

Kandar ty for the setup works nice, not 100% cuz i stilL got some problems on North, somehow sharks will charge in my walLs bb Buff... and 1 got 1 improvemnt for your build, been using it, and its working great.

ps: My poons stilL keep shooting djins who are behind tree,s allowing sharks to come in. But since i heard the new patch is givving poons priority to Sharks now, i hope it wilL be much easier.

I was able to scrape the DU together to put a Lighting Arua instead of a Proxy at the top, and it fixed all of my Sharken problems from up there. With less stats, it has much more range, damage, and attack rate, but the extra DU isn't easy to come by.

should be an inferno up there, not an explosive anymore. thought i updated that. maybe i did one build but not the other.

inferno north will fix all the issues.

Yeah, i updated the Primary build but not the alternate. Primary build uses an inferno north rather then an explosive.

Kandar, would you say there is a required amount of range for the huntress traps?

I tried with ~700ish vs ~1100, the radius difference is significant. Esp with buffbeam.

I could not find any big disadvantages how things were going with the lower radius, any suggestions where it is important to have more than 700 range?

not if its working. heh. i haven't messed with my ranges. i just know that i have 1100. it'd be better to hear your experiences. i'm sure mine work

inferno or explosive trap in the north, Fructis?

Prox on north, non infernos yet, I.ve been tweaking your build and i managed to get to 29 this time (the new patch helped i.m sure), that 3 poon you have on the right side (for air) i moved it to where it used to be on south, above the ledge (where used to be 2 poons) , that way it can cover air, and heLp on south as welL, like you have, it only hits air, doesnt have enough range to hit south (maybe yours have but mine doens.t). This time i lost on 29 cuz i forgot reparing on rush start and lost 2 west poons.

But i stilL got some problems with the south poons hiting tree if there is a djin behind, while there are goblins/mages/orcs in range to kilL.
Other thing i noticed is that the app block near the forge, (not the 1 buffed), doesn.t really take damage and i removed it and placed an reflection on east. And like 1 guy said here, if you move the left Slow aura to the extreme right, you can reach the top spiders spawn, making it a bit uselss to have a Prox mine up there, i used that 3 DU to place a MM on the buff line near forge, helping north and right lanes.

But do you think if i remove prox for a inferno on north alL should be good?

PS: I.m afraid to use a MM on right side to deal with air, what status do you have on them? cuz mine have barely over 1k, (2k on dmg) but i don.t think its enough to stop it.

That harpoon at East that is also AA will help south anytime there is an ogre but yeah, it wont effect trash mobs often.

The tree is annoying but that should be fine since djin cannot desummon from behind it, your harpoons will not take priority on them.

about the inferno / explosive. YES thats how it needs to be.
An inferno needs tripped one time every minute or so (at least) and will tick down big damage over the whole duration in the same area of coverage that an explosive trap has. An explosive trap, on the other hand, must be triggered every half second by a mob stepping on it and can deal very low damage to mobs in its outer range.

The inferno will take care of your issues in the north.

I havent done misty to test the spider stuff yet. I wont make the change without actually testing it myself. Been working on Aqunos mix mode.

not if its working. heh. i haven't messed with my ranges. i just know that i have 1100. it'd be better to hear your experiences. i'm sure mine work

Just finished wave 30 solo with 700ish range. Had zero problems with traps, not a single shark charge. So low huntress range does not seem to be an issue.

I used Kandars build with the fireballs. For me switching in the FBs was a tremendous help, those harps just keep shooting into the tree too much.
Had squire at ~2550 dmg and app at ~1800 dmg.

Only had a little mishap with a bird in the west on wave 24. Moved the ensnare south to cover some space south of the crystal to give the MM more time to kill the birds, easy going since then (Im using my towerboost monk for auras, e.g. horrible range at 400ish).

But inferno has way less damage than a prox doesn.t it?
Just finished wave 30 solo with 700ish range. Had zero problems with traps, not a single shark charge. So low huntress range does not seem to be an issue.

I used Kandars build with the fireballs. For me switching in the FBs was a tremendous help, those harps just keep shooting into the tree too much.
Had squire at ~2550 dmg and app at ~1800 dmg.

Only had a little mishap with a bird in the west on wave 24. Moved the ensnare south to cover some space south of the crystal to give the MM more time to kill the birds, easy going since then (Im using my towerboost monk for auras, e.g. horrible range at 400ish).

ty for that info aobut stats on app, i.ma try it with mine then.

But inferno has way less damage than a prox doesn.t it?

Theoretically proxy has a lot more damage, but practically the inferno performs better in the spot in the north.

As Kandar wrote, proxy constantly needs something to trigger it. If the proxy is not triggered often enough, it will not do very good dmg to the crowd. The inferno will almost always be up and doing damage.

What helps the inferno to get a little head start is to trigger it while monk boosting. It's quite tough to get the tiny window when the trap is recharging, but especially when you start a wave you can always do it. That way for the first minute you have a double dmg inferno in the north, which helps keep the trash down until the ogres come.

Theoretically proxy has a lot more damage, but practically the inferno performs better in the spot in the north.

As Kandar wrote, proxy constantly needs something to trigger it. If the proxy is not triggered often enough, it will not do very good dmg to the crowd. The inferno will almost always be up and doing damage.

What helps the inferno to get a little head start is to trigger it while monk boosting. It's quite tough to get the tiny window when the trap is recharging, but especially when you start a wave you can always do it. That way for the first minute you have a double dmg inferno in the north, which helps keep the trash down until the ogres come.

i see, i.lL try it out later, too bad my monk is made of paper. Anyway, good info up there you alL.

Keep it up.

One addition to the build:

South wall 3 DU is enough, doesnt take much damage anyways.

I take that 1 DU and put a reflect to the west.

I tried to replace inferno traps with electric aura cause they do more damage now for 30% less tower att stat but man that extra DU would have been better in the long run. The west area kept getting constantly webbed due the towers focusing on ogres and leaving the spiders to scurry around.

I think the east side with the 2 harps and FB tower on one EV buff beam and the west side need reflect walls. On the east side you can use a 1 DU reflect wall if you put it at an angle, the spiders just drop too near for my comfort and also the same can happen to the east side like the west side, your towers focus on high priority targets and letting spiders run around webbing stuff from behind the wall.

i plan to take a look at misty tomorrow. It'd be great if west could afford a electric aura or inferno but they're hugely expensive.

spiders haven't changed. They're fine in the east. been that way for a very long time. very few have issues with it.

How much tower attack & ROF do I need to be able to use a MM as wyvern tower on the west side? Im still using Harps that side for safety cause idk if I can handle the wyverns past wave 20.

I'm really not sure to be honest. DU is available in the build to keep a harpoon in the west if you lack a good quality mage. And if you don't have a good mage then your fireballs wont be good enough anyway and you'll be using the harpoon version.

So i'd say just give it a shot and see what happens. keep tabs on it and let us know.