[GUIDE] Misty Survival Mix Mode Wave 30. Layout & Pictures.

With a genie you can pretty much 3 star everything during the 1st wave, I just concentrate on upgrading all buff beams to 1 star pre-wave then it doesnt really matter, the build holds up pretty much fully afk aslong as you have the Tower Hp on Traps. Although, only tried starting on 18 so far since im farming mana also!

Just completed another 30 wave (non mix) with my squire builder active the whole game (only 10% gen resist lol) and only died once, got an epic myth spider axe thing aswell with 2x 400 tower stats:)

Found that swapping to 1 poon 1 FB to be much more efficient, especially west with the reflect - also changed the angle of the mid buff beam (by forge) to touch the southern side at the stairs to give the poon better view of north lane clog area.

Am having a couple of issues with Djinn from west spawn sometimes not being agroed and continuing to wander east, although i assume this is a trap positioning issue, may try moving the wall to just behind the log, so the wall has more hp also giving a clear view all the way to spawn point for towers.

Would just be nice to get some more mage towers in there haha

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a trick to the north anti-spider proxy/app wall? Most rounds either the wall or the trap gets de-summoned.

I'm having problems with the west crystal wyverns on wave 23 on mixmode. The Harpoon aiming at the wyverns dont seem to kill them fast enough. They usually always get 1 hit off before they die. I'm using a second toon with an apprentice guardian afking by the crystal and towers there, but would a huntress guardian there be better? My countess's tower stats are 810/2525/1093/741.

I'm having problems with the west crystal wyverns on wave 23 on mixmode. The Harpoon aiming at the wyverns dont seem to kill them fast enough. They usually always get 1 hit off before they die. I'm using a second toon with an apprentice guardian afking by the crystal and towers there, but would a huntress guardian there be better? My countess's tower stats are 810/2525/1093/741.

That rate is pretty bad for your attack, you should have quite a bit more. Try for 1200 at least. Should get you to .25/s on harps, vs. the .32+ I think 700 is.

Is there a trick to the north anti-spider proxy/app wall? Most rounds either the wall or the trap gets de-summoned.

this has been gone over a lot. Your west gas and darkness trap prevent mobs from walking east. they need positioned so that their effective edge is up to the north wall. Players with low range may have issues with them slipping by. or if your harpoons are not properly positioned so that they can attack the fence side they may waste too much time aiming at nothing.

fruitcake your rate is horrid. that 741 should literally be doubled. Your DPS would skyrocket if you gave up 500 damage in favor of some rate.

fruitcake your rate is horrid. that 741 should literally be doubled. Your DPS would skyrocket if you gave up 500 damage in favor of some rate.

Thanks for the advice. Im still pretty new to the game so I'm still basically using zamira gear i got from the warping core missions and the RNG gods havent been very kind to me in terms of tower stats gear =_=

WOW, what does it take to do mixed mode. Died at 25, started at 13. Back to non mixed. Was a bit disappointed with the drops but wave 28 non-mixed is further than 24 mixed.

With two players I am having a heck of a time with west getting overrun with spiders, seems like the alt build would work better but don't have an app :(; unless I did something wrong in the layout... Or just get a Djinlett to help my weak DPS monk with spider control; anybody selling an awesome one ;)

TIP: it's been mentioned before but monk with at least 1k tower boost is clutch!

not exactly sure what you're doing wrong in the west. I mean, it can get clogged up a bit but it shouldn't be a big deal.

I'd suggest an app if you're not using one. A fireball here and there does well. You shouldn't have to run around actively killing spiders. Something may be out of position

yah :(

it's crazy overrun with spiders...time to build up an App, ugh.
I'm going to try to move my harpoons over a little. It only happens with two players, solo I'm fine.
If it happens again I'll take a SS so perhaps you can advise, TY!
I think I need to start DPS'ing them out, but my Monk is not strong enough for that yet.
Here are my stats, maybe I need to focus on upgrading them :/?

_Squire: 1241 / 1903 / 1019 / 1129
__Traps: 1088 / 1713 / 1108 / 1382
EV/Buff: 2685 / _991 / ____ / ____
___Monk: _827 / 1172 / 1013 / _803
____App: _953 / 1408 / _855 / _845 (not using)

DPS Monk: 1283/669/x/x
__Skills: 1235/559
__Resits: 87/73/73/64

Non-Mixed, solo easy cheesy. Duo pretty much the same. Haven't tried with more

well, i was using the alternate and did solo + 3 AFK and started on wave 25. had no issues so far.

Thanks for this build Kandar, managed to finish mixed mode misty survival with almost no issues...i love this build soooo much. But mixed mode doesnt seem to affect loot quality much, i didnt get anything worthwhile from 22-30 really.

Thanks for this build Kandar, managed to finish mixed mode misty survival with almost no issues...i love this build soooo much. But mixed mode doesnt seem to affect loot quality much, i didnt get anything worthwhile from 22-30 really.

Loot does seem to be broken. I get better loot on 20-25 than 25+

The harpoons in the south seem to clip the top of the bridge sometimes when trying to hit smaller enemies like spiders..

Also, I was able to consolidate the two north buff beams into one and it's just as effective.

that might be a fine idea if it'll reach.

Good. Can use that extra DU for whatever at the moement.. i'm sure we can put it into countering sharks in a few days.

ILl test it and if it functions, ill update the build

Finished a 4 player wave 30 run (26 to 30) with the latest updates on the alternate build. it works very well. absolutely no spider issues at all now. it obliterates them. you also don't have to repair the north blockade..... The one i put in place was built with a mage that only has 1k tower health (lol) and it was hardly scratched.

4 player has tons of genies at the end. Monkey pets eat them up.

Just a quick thank for posting build. All previous attempts before I never made it past 10 or 11, so with this build I was able to get to wave 22 on my first attempt!

The only reason i failed there was because I made a deployment error with a Harp to close to wall and the wall went down. This wasn't apparent for 14 waves though .... Thats how impressive this build is :)

My second go I got further, but at the start of wave 25 I died with a 5 spider + gold ninja ambush on enemy number 40/1050. I thought the defences would go down, but surprisingly, the spiders just milled around despawned with time outs (because I was dead). I remember on Wave 24 I had to start repairing quite a bit especially proximity mines, but without the spiders the defences held!

Unfortunately I got a dc at 10 enemies to go ... but at least the defence held!

Anwyays, thanks for posting build. Its awesome sauce!!! :)

after an easy farm of w30 normal, yesterday a friend and I have beaten the mix mode.
the pieces were not much better than normal but were more (in the last two waves totaling 10 transcendent).
The dew was a real problem, we suffered the north and east side, but with a little luck, we have completed using a slightly different setup.
http://ddplanner.com/?l=3442,grimmjow-misty-mix-wave-30-duo
ev waller/buff beam/shock beam: 2700/700/700/500
squire: 2000/2200/1100/1200
trapness: 1200/1800/1000/1000
app waller: 1200/x/x/x
monk: 1200/1000/1200/1000

difference from your base layout:
WEST: all 3 harpoon are buffed, slow aura buff both ogre and wyverns, proxy trap is buffed and can reach both stairs (for spiders) and help with ogre. I also put a shock beam (not buffed). with this setup i can forget west side (need only trap repair).
SOUTH: reduced buff beam to 5DU, reduced physical beam to 3DU, btw the harpoons are not hitted by ogres.
EAST: reduced buff beam to 5DU, the harpoons are not hitted by ogres
NORTH and CENTER: no differences

@fruitcake: try to move west bubble near the crystal, in this way can slow both melee near physical beam and wyverns, i also use buff beam to empower the harpoon of the wyverns.

swapped the alternate and primary builds.

The primary build is now the one with fireballs because it just works better. Players without a mage will need to use the alternate.

@grimmjow81: I love your layout!

For me Kandar's build was great and working till I got my giraffe after wave 30, having no fireballs. Great job Kandar and thank you for all your builds.

But I like the changes from grimmjow81 a lot and for me it is an improvement over the original layout, running more smoothly. Very smart changes in my opinion.
One question on the west side shock beam. How is the comparison Proton vs Shock beam in this spot?
Also I consolidated the north and middle tower buff beams. No the app wall there is no longer buffed, but it frees up 2 DU. I put a shock beam in the east for that.

Thank you guys :)

@markusoro: the west wall have low life in comparison to the other, for this reason I prefer to have extra help with dew.

I still have to try the alternative setup of Kandar, I however maintain the movement of the traps, which have worked well.
I think I can add a second shock beam to the north or east; tomorrow i can do some try.

@markusoro: the west wall have low life in comparison to the other, for this reason I prefer to have extra help with dew.

I still have to try the alternative setup of Kandar, I however maintain the movement of the traps, which have worked well.
I think I can add a second shock beam to the north or east; tomorrow i can do some try.

dew's get shocked? I dont think so?! :S