Sign in to follow this  
kurath

Reflection Wall vs Cupid Boss

Was just looking to see if anyone has been able to test this yet? Still looking for an effective way to bring down the NM cupid and if this works, it seems like it'd be a fairly reliable solution. Its a rough map to solo, so I haven't had a chance to test it out personally, and not sure my friends with limited playtime are willing to spend it on a test.

Thanks in advance for any info available. Just wondering if it reflects the projectiles and if so, in a useful manner? Just defensively protecting players/towers from the web effect would make it worthwhile, but if it popped damage back on him, that'd be fantastic.

The angle of reflection is based on the angle of impact. If for instance you put a wall at the top of some stairs enemies shooting upward the shots will reflect upward and hit nothing. Enemies shooting it straight on though get their shots put right back in their face. Ogres tend to work very nicely with the wall because due to the height of their projectile origin point compared to the usual target the shots get angled slightly downward on reflection.

As for damage, I don't have an uberfied EV yet myself but I saw in a post on this forum somewhere someone claim their reflect wall had an over 40 multiplier for the damage.

If the reflect walls do indeed reflect the boss projectiles, it will mean that nightmare can be soloed which is nice. setup screens around the AA and a few places to protect the player so that they can more freely deal damage.

Some boss attacks can be reflected. And I think that the return path is actually directly away from the wall at point of impact.

The example of a bosses attacks that can be reflected and can't reflected. Dragon's fire balls can be refelected. His fire breath can't be reflected.

fire breath even goes through walls :P

The solid object based shots (fireball, arrow, whatever), reflect back as if it were a tennisball hitting a wall, in zero G.

Flamethrower type shots go around and through things.