Series Ev: full NM Orginal Challenges/Campaign with a friend. My thoughts!

While we were doing NM my friend would run his apprentice and just build towers and the only thing that Series Ev was viable for was the Tower Buff Beams and the Reflection Beams and distracting enemies with Holographic Decoy. The other beams were not useful at all. And the only beams Series Ev makes that will actually get attacked is the Physical Beam and the Reflection Beam.

Proton Beam, which isn't needed really. I would place this in front of a wall so the target would get zapped so it's constantly being damaged, but the apprentice towers deal more damage and + they're ranged. And sometimes the enemies wouldn't even stand on the Proton Beam and just stand in between it and the wall which was really annoying when an Ogre came and just walked past my Proton Beam and stand in front of it, this happens sometimes (You'll probably say place it better but really I did, and then they don't even stand in the spot where I put it) So really Proton Beam isn't viable, ranged towers are better since they'll always attack.

Physical Beam, I personally like this as a wall it's really good for attracting enemies (Spiders!!!!) and making them stay in one spot. But this wall can't really stand a beating. It costs 2-5 DU (depending on how long you make the wall) The only reason you would really want this wall is if you're having trouble getting aggro in one area of your map. Apprentice walls only costs 1 DU and takes a massive beating and pretty much has the same base HP as the Physical Beam. It's not a bad wall really, it just comes up to your personal preference. I prefer Apprentice walls over the Physical Beam. Forgot to mention, the health of this wall increases the longer it is.

Reflection Beam, As I was talking about this before. This beam is really viable as it reflects ANY and I mean ANY moving projectile back towards enemies which actually deals a fair amount of damage (with upgrades, it increase the damage). And + this beam only costs 1-3 DU and you can pretty much make it 1 DU all the time unless the area you want it to cover is large. This is one of the most funniest aspects of Series Ev by far.

Shock Beam, I'm really not a fan of this one. I've tried this beam a lot. The damage isn't good (even with the beam being upgraded) Apparently it's supposed to stun. It makes sense why it can't stun ogres because it would probably be extremely overpowered. I just can't see any reason why you would build this if you're with other people. It also has a certain amount of charges which means repairing it a lot. The only time I ever used this beam was when I was playing survival on Foundries and Forges. I would put the beam at the very base of my Physical Beam so it was the main damage dealer when an Ogre came. And I wouldn't even say it destroyed it It added a little bit more damage. Also this beam has an extremely high DU cost 4-7 DU. Not worth it. Build a ranged tower that will do more damage and it wouldn't even matter if the target is stunned or not it'll die to a ranged tower quickly.

Tower Buff Beam, I really like this beam. This gives towers steroids pretty much! It doubles their damage and gives them increased attack speed! I love this beam the most (This also buffs walls, I haven't seen it increase its health but it probably increases its physical armor)This will make Series Ev viable no matter what. It costs 4-6 defense units which is worth it. you can roughly get 4-5 towers in a 4 DU tower beam.

Now, Series Ev's ability's.

Holographic Decoy, This is a great distraction tool. I've held back so many waves of enemies with this ability. It has a long cool down but it's worth it. It holds back pretty much everything, sometimes the Ogre will attack it. It has a pretty large amount of Hp and it explodes dealing damage in a small radius. It only costs 100 mana.

Proton Charge Blast, even though this ability is really cool it doesn't deal as much damage as I thought (the damage is mainly based on your weapon). The amount of mana you need to collect is ridiculous. You need to collect so much mana I don't even want to use this ability it deals no damage what so ever even if you collect max mana for it what are you going to do? use it on one wave? I didn't even bother with this ability it's only fun in the tavern since you have unlimited mana! In NM this ability is USELESS you're going to steal mana to use an ability that's very under powered. This ability needs a fix. Costs no mana to start the process but you have to collect mana for it to fire.

In conclusion. Series Ev is only a support class that does very well in buffing allies towers and reflecting enemies projectiles and distracting them. I don't think Series Ev will ever be changed but her Proton Charge Blast is just a mess. It's not even worth saving up all that mana. The mana costs of her beams is really nice it feels like I can open one chest and build pretty much an beam I want to really. I really like Series Ev I didn't expect her to only be a support class, you could probably try a build with just maxing hero damage and Proton Charge Blast and getting a really nice weapon and max its damage. This might be worth checking out.

Hope this was helpful. (This is my personal thoughts on this class)

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if the reflect walls also reflect spider webs and if it puts the "webbed" effect on enemies? Thanks!

The Physical beams are pretty useful if you want to forgo Spikes to shave off DU but still want some tankiness, but only in wide areas. In small areas where you can fit only one, Spikes are obviously better, they'll have much more HP (Assuming you have an EV and Squire with the same thp stats)

In wider areas, they can be better to prevent enemies slipping through (Like DEWs), quicker to repair the line, and only 30 mana/ up to 5 DU to make the whole wall, though the downside is only 1 wall, meaning it can go down much quicker as well. Can't attack, but the only real use for the attack was keeping Ogres planted.

But if shaving off 1 DU per wall in the small space is okay with you, it's worth it, IMO. More harpoons and such.

I'd like to add since I didn't see it or I may have missed it. When stretching any of the beems the HP of the beams goes up. On my very low level EV (playing through without power leveling, It's really fun btw) I have noticed that 2x2 DU phsy beams have the same HP as 1x4 DU beam. So in any wide space 1 physical beam stretched out would be much easier to upgrade and repair that 2 or 3 other walls.

Really so far the only thing that I've been finding quite annoying is when placing proton beams near the phys beam they take damage from cleaves and what not, with very low HP, as well as the reflective shield take damage from non projectile attacks. So I can't stack them exactly how I would like. To completely protect my proton beam I have to cross the beam of the phys beam and place it from behing and through to get the most use out of it, and then end up wasting at least 1 DU.

Most of this is things I'm sure people have already noticed but thought I'd add.

Hey, thanks for the reminder. I was thinking about adding it but I wasn't sure if I should =D

Yes, I do like Physical Beams. But the problem is that they're really not tanky enough compared to a spike wall. Spike wall also reflects damage back (to melee only I THINK) The physical Beam only taunts things but it really doesn't have the HP unless the wall is full length. And in the patch notes the Spike wall got its width increased and later patch notes buffing to this wall has been pretty high with health and such.