Dumbest reason you've been kicked over?

I got booted from a Karathiki game yesterday because the host was retarded... no seriously... We try and fail the map and go to restart, I notice he has like 600 towerHP and ask if he wants me to do blockades with my 2k+ Wall chick. I switch chars to do blockades, and get kicked for not being DPS...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goes for any class that is support apart from huntress as it is dps mainly. My main is now Series Ev as it is fun yet i get constantly kicked because people find her useless

series EV is so much better at DPS than a huntress. her walls + buffbeam are so much more effective than spike walls and darkness traps, too.

I once got kicked because we were about to beat the map, so the host decided he wanted to be the only one to have it beaten.

My Barbarian does about 500 times your DPS. Literally. We're talking about Nightmare Survival viability, not Glitterhelm Insane.

You sir are a hacker with 15 mil dps ^^

You sir are a hacker with 15 mil dps ^^

You're right lol, I derped a little. I meant 50 times.

Is this yet another ridiculous thread consisting of whiining about being kicked?

If you don't want to get kicked, host!

If you know more about playing than the host, then host!

If you want to tell people how to play, then host!

If you are the ideal dps'er, then host!

Seriously, if nobody does it better than you and you feel you embody the traits of a perfect host, then host!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Don't be a backseat driver and don't expect someone else to create utopia for you.

Above all, the number one reason that any and all of you got kicked is because you chose not to host.

HOST!!!

I would like to know the most ridiculous reason I've been kicked, but surely the beggiest retards have never shared their thoughts and just kicked without any explanation.

I used to kick people for anumber of reason, but first try to explain what they are doing wrong - until it's something obvious like item hacked in size or a 10-years old kid talking with mic in unknown language in my full shop.

Is this yet another ridiculous thread consisting of whiining about being kicked?

If you don't want to get kicked, host!

If you know more about playing than the host, then host!

If you want to tell people how to play, then host!

If you are the ideal dps'er, then host!

Seriously, if nobody does it better than you and you feel you embody the traits of a perfect host, then host!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Don't be a backseat driver and don't expect someone else to create utopia for you.

Above all, the number one reason that any and all of you got kicked is because you chose not to host.

HOST!!!

Problem is, you can't really host if you're not a builder.

My favorite time getting kicked was in No Tower Challenge (nmhc). I got kicked because I wasn't dropping my picked up mana between waves. Host told me a couple times, but I thought he was joking and all I could respond with was a "wat". I was actually using it, too to break poison affinity mobs.

Dumbest reason for me was because of my character's name. Host says "Khal Drogo...I don't like your name" *KICK* WTF! Who doesn't like Game of Thrones? :kobold:

Sounds to me like you need to level a builder.

And you're saying that you got kicked because you didn't drop mana so that the host could continue to build or upgrade? You expect someone else to build but then you don't drop mana so that they can? I would call that a well deserved kick.

"Hey man, let me join you...but I don't want to build, I don't want to upgrade and I'm not going to drop mana to facilitate your building to, in essence, power level or gear farm for me"

BOOT!

You can't build in that challenge ;)

You can't build in that challenge ;)

Nubbed it up. My apologies.

But it kind of negates his original point of not being able to host unless you're a builder.

The easy way to describe it is this...

Think of hosting as owning a car. You hop into someone else's car (the host's game) and begin doing things like changing the radio station or the AC...OR...you criticize the driver..OR...you decide that the driver isn't taking you where you want to go..OR...the driver tells you to stop playing with the power locks/windows and you continue anyway...

Be prepared to walk or drive your own car.

IF you don't own a car (A builder in this case), be prepared to always be at the mercy and charity of someone else. They can stop their handout at any moment.

Do I need to make it more simple than that?

Nubbed it up. My apologies.

But it kind of negates his original point of not being able to host unless you're a builder.

The easy way to describe it is this...

Think of hosting as owning a car. You hop into someone else's car (the host's game) and begin doing things like changing the radio station or the AC...OR...you criticize the driver..OR...you decide that the driver isn't taking you where you want to go..OR...the driver tells you to stop playing with the power locks/windows and you continue anyway...

Be prepared to walk or drive your own car.

IF you don't own a car (A builder in this case), be prepared to always be at the mercy and charity of someone else. They can stop their handout at any moment.

Do I need to make it more simple than that?

Yes please. I have a builder, but it's another large time sink. And going along with your metaphor and using time as money, I can only afford to buy a crappy car that can barely build magus nm survival. And while I was in the process of securing a loan to get that car (an apprentice), the company (Apprentice Buidlers Inc.) went belly under, so I couldn't replace the broken parts and now I have an even worse car than I originally expected to be able to own.

Now, I already own a car (a DPS), that I enjoy using. However it doesn't have wheels so I can only pretend to drive it, sitting in the driver's seat (hosting a game) and pretending to steer. Now it still functions as a car, the windows roll up and the doors lock, so it keeps vagrants (monsters) from stealing the belongings inside (eternia crystals). But I can't actually go anywhere with it without getting a tow.

Now, this is a game, so it should reward you for playing (because you play games for fun, right?). And what you've outlined is one of three things:

1. This is a single player game where you play a builder and win the game.

2. This is a multiplayer game where you can get further by pooling your resources and forming a motorcade of trailers drawn forward by one car. By having multiple cars, you can protect more of your belongings inside from vagrants. The game is simply currently not balanced properly to allow you to transfer belongings.

3. This is a multiplayer game where you play as a builder and get pleasure out of belittling other people. Other classes are simply there as flavor text.

You shouldn't be at the mercy of another person. You shouldn't even be forced to "leech." Now, either people are overstatting their builders, trying at content that is below their gear level (and thus don't need other people), or damage roles need to be readdressed.

Edit: And you can't really expect the two different challenge maps (assault and no towers) to make an adequate justification for having damage roles in the game at all.

Dumbest reason for me was because of my character's name. Host says "Khal Drogo...I don't like your name" *KICK* WTF! Who doesn't like Game of Thrones? :kobold:

*high fives you for having that name*

So you believe host enjoy kicking?

Trust me, i do not.

The problem is this game is populated by retards. Let me give you an example. I often host open glitter NM HC xp farming runs. My builders stats massively overpower this map in campaign mode so i have zero gear requirements and its basicaly a grab all the free myths you want for all the particpants and i still have to kick people for behaving like morons. Just yesterday i had one guy upgrading towers pre wave 1... Then there are ofc the people who just go afk (glitter nm is a map where you cant do that no matter your stats, zippys are always getting trough on the middle spawn) and dont do anything. I dont mind people going afk for 5 minutes if they anounce it since ive heard of this real life thingy some people still havent gotten rid off^^ But just disapearing and expecting to be carried is a big nono.

And dont even get me started on the higher survivals (shards dlc & act3)

As opposed to some other people i will NOT kick you for playing something other than a squire/countess/barb as long as you got a guardian and dont try to actually go melee as a monk during the waves BUT:
YOU CANNOT DO MISTY WITHOUT 67% ALLRES AND AT LEAST 1000 HERO HEALTH
End of the ****ing discussion. In NM survivals you have 3 jobs only: buffing, repairing and dpsing internal spiders. And you can do none of that if youre dead because a dew looked remotely into your direction. And there seems to be a nest of huntards somewhere that think its a-okay to skill 2000 hero damage but only 500 hero health (some even dont max resis on their gear...)

3. This is a multiplayer game where you play as a builder and get pleasure out of belittling other people. Other classes are simply there as flavor text.

You shouldn't be at the mercy of another person. You shouldn't even be forced to "leech." Now, either people are overstatting their builders, trying at content that is below their gear level (and thus don't need other people), or damage roles need to be readdressed.

People who belittle others are doing it so they can feel superior, the same behavior that causes them to do maps they can easily handle to feel 'big'. Not much can be done about that. 'Hero/Damage' specced characters are important in many/most stages of the game, but in any progression based game, an overpowering presence will make it so a solo player can do whatever they want. These kinds of players don't want teammates, they want an audience. It is a minority, but unfortunately its those incidents that stick with people.

Its unfortunate, but this isn't really the games fault, its just the nature of online gameplay - people play them for a sense of accomplishment, and for some, thats being the bigshot they can't always be elsewhere.

Yes please. I have a builder, but it's another large time sink. And going along with your metaphor and using time as money, I can only afford to buy a crappy car that can barely build magus nm survival. And while I was in the process of securing a loan to get that car (an apprentice), the company (Apprentice Buidlers Inc.) went belly under, so I couldn't replace the broken parts and now I have an even worse car than I originally expected to be able to own.

Now, I already own a car (a DPS), that I enjoy using. However it doesn't have wheels so I can only pretend to drive it, sitting in the driver's seat (hosting a game) and pretending to steer. Now it still functions as a car, the windows roll up and the doors lock, so it keeps vagrants (monsters) from stealing the belongings inside (eternia crystals). But I can't actually go anywhere with it without getting a tow.

Now, this is a game, so it should reward you for playing (because you play games for fun, right?). And what you've outlined is one of three things:

1. This is a single player game where you play a builder and win the game.

2. This is a multiplayer game where you can get further by pooling your resources and forming a motorcade of trailers drawn forward by one car. By having multiple cars, you can protect more of your belongings inside from vagrants. The game is simply currently not balanced properly to allow you to transfer belongings.

Edit: And you can't really expect the two different challenge maps (assault and no towers) to make an adequate justification for having damage roles in the game at all.

This game is a time sink. In fact, all games are time sinks. That's what they are.

This game is also a Tower Defense game. I don't know why you guys expect to be able to roll a DPS char and never do anything else than play with others. Sure, it might work but you're not by any means entitled to play with other people, especially if they don't want to. That's all it comes down to really. You can think whatever you want about them, unless you give people a reason to want to play with you, they wont.
Every single successful DD player is a builder. People whose mains are DPS heroes are nothing other than leeches who depend on others to progress. If you have a friend or three you play with regularly then fine, it can work out. If you don't then you need to learn how to handle yourself or you need to deal with the fact that people generally wont bring you with them for things you're borderline undergeared for. You put yourself at the mercy of another person by choosing to not be a builder, you have the option of becoming a builder and you have absolutely no reason to blame anyone else for your own choice.

Damage roles have lots of important uses in DD, however they're all secondary to building. Which is entirely logical, considering the fact that it is a Tower Defense game. The fact that there are only two challenges that don't require builders should illustrate that this is the way the developers intended it. DPS is a secondary role, everyone should have a builder and be able to do stuff on his own.

Edit: Here's the major difference between builders and DPS: A builder gets further in a survival mission the better geared he is and the better the build is. A DPS hero can be too badly geared for a survival and hinder the builder's progress, however whether your stats are at 1000 or 2000 really doesn't matter. It helps a little, sure. It makes it a little bit easier, but the builder is still 90% of the muscle.

People who belittle others are doing it so they can feel superior, the same behavior that causes them to do maps they can easily handle to feel 'big'. Not much can be done about that. 'Hero/Damage' specced characters are important in many/most stages of the game, but in any progression based game, an overpowering presence will make it so a solo player can do whatever they want. These kinds of players don't want teammates, they want an audience. It is a minority, but unfortunately its those incidents that stick with people.

Its unfortunate, but this isn't really the games fault, its just the nature of online gameplay - people play them for a sense of accomplishment, and for some, thats being the bigshot they can't always be elsewhere.

Good job turning the argument around and making it seem like the people who actually do bother helping lowbies are attention *****s. No, really, good job bro.

Back on topic, I was just kicked on joining omf for using an imp rather than a guardian like the other six people. How many guardians do you need to buff the same towers? :)

Back on topic, I was just kicked on joining omf for using an imp rather than a guardian like the other six people. How many guardians do you need to buff the same towers? :)

Word :p

This game is and always will be a guardian fest. Like you said, 8 guardians to buff the same towers. You probably got kicked too if you bring a squire guardian, because, who needs resistence when you can buff a harpoon with 6 apps.... oh wait.

I randomly kick dpsguys because I hate all the DPS noobs, that are to lazy HAVE a builder in a TOWER defense game. GET A BUILDER!

I randomly kick dpsguys because I hate all the DPS noobs, that are to lazy HAVE a builder in a TOWER defense game. GET A BUILDER!

Well, what is having 4 builders in a game gonna do? You would obviously just use the builder with the highest stats while the others just sit around. The dps "noobs" fill spaces that would otherwise be useless. Please use some sense. -_-

P.S. I have a 1400/1900/600/600 builder AND a 1200/1200/900/xxxx dps character. I use builder when I host dps when I play with randoms.

Well, what is having 4 builders in a game gonna do? You would obviously just use the builder with the highest stats while the others just sit around. The dps "noobs" fill spaces that would otherwise be useless. Please use some sense. -_-

P.S. I have a 1400/1900/600/600 builder AND a 1200/1200/900/xxxx dps character. I use builder when I host dps when I play with randoms.

The thing is that every self-respecting builder also has at least one DPS hero at his disposal. DPS focused people generally lack everything and strut around in their own little world with their opinions on how everyone else should allow them into their games and help them get better gear. Not to mention their own "tactical" ideas like running around tanking ogres on a countess with a fairy instead of boosting towers with a guardian.
And in fact, I'm not saying that's a bad strategy, if it works for you then fine, go ahead. But when you're in my game and I ask you to equip a guardian because that's what my tactic is based on then you shut up and equip one or you get out of my game. Because that's the perk of being a builder. If you don't like it, too bad for you.