Trans Stats Changing Upon Pickup

Reload speed is a victim of stat rollover after 128. It's positive from 1-128, 257-384, 513-640, etc. (128 values of every 256)

Annoying, but true.

I've been seeing the same problem with Apprentice Guardians, when you pick them up it says one thing when you check your item box it says 1.

The thing I've noticed it on is App Staves in Misty... the knockback and charging time do this all the time.

It's because they use byte values aka 8-bit integers (which are limited to the range between -128 and +127) to store certain item stats while generating them using a type with a larger range (most likely a short aka 16-bit integer or long aka 32-bit integer). When you pick up the item or when a non-host player views the item the value is typecast from the original value to the byte because it's moved from the generated data structure to the storage data structure. If they bothered turning on Warning level 3 or higher they'd see their compilers warn them that this isn't a good idea & might cause problems if left as is when they build.

This also affects the knockback & block values on Squire weapons & has been a bug since I started playing around Christmas time but they're actually not bothered about fixing long standing issues it appears & would rather spend time churning out more DLC to fleece their loyal customers while they're still loyal.

This happens alot with weapons/armors with high stats. I reported a few months ago but people said it was natural for the stats to change upon pickup.

This happens alot with weapons/armors with high stats. I reported a few months ago but people said it was natural for the stats to change upon pickup.

It's a bug, it's not 'natural' unless 'natural' equals shoddy coding.

they're actually not bothered about fixing long standing issues it appears & would rather spend time churning out more DLC to fleece their loyal customers while they're still loyal.

well aren't we cynical

this is the first time I've heard of this issue. remember that the dev team is something like 8 people. if the issue hasn't been plastered all over the forums, they may have missed it.

this is the first time I've heard of this issue. remember that the dev team is something like 8 people. if the issue hasn't been plastered all over the forums, they may have missed it.

Guess you haven't scrolled this far down the forum list then?

Glaring issues like this one shouldn't need to be "plastered all over the forums" for them to be noticed & fixed. Isn't that the whole point of the "beta test team" and QA in general? Not to mention, this issue has been brought up on these forums numerous times already & you might expect the forum moderators, community manager(s), beta testers and/or developers whom peruse the forums to have noticed some of the vast number of issues discussed here but whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
I was playing Misty HCNMMM earlier, making new progress, and found my first ever Trans item on the ground on wave 18 or 19, a spiderling cleaver (yay!). I remember clearly that it had 255 upgrades.

After I lost, I returned to my tavern to see that the number of ugprades had been reduced to 12! AFAICT, everything else was unchanged.

I've also gone ahead and reported this as an issue - thanks for the pointer.

I had a reroll on a 255^ pet to 14^ in tavern. Now 2x huntress weps (a crossbow and some other wep) with reload in the 50-70 range both turned into -96 and -95. Something is wrong somewhere:P It's rerolls that shouldnt be possible