Guardian questions

So I'm really interested in getting guardians now. I just had a couple questions. Are the best guardians obtained through summit on hard mode and hardcore? How do the guardians buffs work? Are appren guardians only applicable to appren towers and the same goes for all the rest? The max on any guardian buff is 40 right? Thanks for your responses!

The guardians from Summit hard aren't exactly that great if you can tackle the Nightmare content, if you run through Nightmare Endless Spires HC then you have a chance of the shop keeping selling you one that will be fairly decent and from my experience they almost always have the 40 boost cap.

The guardians themselves aren't bound to which towers they buff, they will buff any and every tower that has been placed, upto a maximum of 5 after upgrading the number of towers to boost stat, 5 is the cap for the amount of towers it will boost at once.

And yeah the maximum boost guardians can give a tower is 40.

Oh so the best guardians are the ones you actually buy from the store after doing a NM run? Any guardians can buff any towers...I see. Then is there a point in getting an apprentice guardian over a monk guardian or a huntress guardian?

Oh so the best guardians are the ones you actually buy from the store after doing a NM run? Any guardians can buff any towers...I see. Then is there a point in getting an apprentice guardian over a monk guardian or a huntress guardian?

Not really. You can get better pets from doing oasis monster fest on insane or nightmare. You might need to be the MVP for this though.

A monk guardian is nice for only pure strategy. And app and huntress are 2 of the same but the huntress makes the towers shoot faster and hit more often without missing (wyverns). App is just for those ogres.

Monk > Boosts tower range
Squire > Boosts tower resistance
Apprentace > Boosts tower damage
Huntress > Boosts tower rate of fire

So App and Hunt are the best guardians. You will occasionally see one for 10 mana in the shop after doing NM. Generally they are at the boost cap and have enough upgrades to hit the 5-tower boost.

Oh I see. Thanks for the info guys! How is the 5-tower boost obtained?

Make sure your guardian has a 3-star icon present in its stats. This stat will always start at +1. It can be increased by 1 at every upgrade number that is a multiple of ten (10, 20, etc). Note though that it will show 9, 19, 29, etc at the point the stat can be increased so pay attention. You need at least 40 upgrades to get to +5 towers.

LMAO! I thought that 3 star or 1 star or that 1 up arrow thing correlated to the tower upgrade that it boosted! Talk about noob :(

Ya it can be confusing at first

One-star icon = guardian effective range
Chevron (arrow thing) icon = strength of boost
Three-star icon = number of towers boosted