Spoiler in counterpart hero flavor text?

Sorry if this has been discussed. (I haven't been following DunDef Digest or the forums or anything else before a month or two ago, so I may just be out of touch.)

That said, is there a spoiler in the Initiate's flavor text/description? The ending is: "... the Initiate has joined her counterpart to discover the truth behind her master's demise."

I thought that we don't know what happened to the parents, for all we know they are still just out there fighting evil, etc. But, demise would specifically imply that the adult monk died!

The Initiate seems to know more about this than we do! How do we know we can trust her?

The alternate heroes are not necessarily students of the original heroes' parents.

That is to say, the initiate's master may not be the Monk's father. She may get her own story arc to fit in with her description, but right now, as far as the plot's concerned, she doesn't even exist.

We actually know that the adult heroes will be used in the plot at some point, and all of them are around in that cutscene. They show up for a brief moment at the end of the original Eternia Shards trailer, in some strange, crystal-filled location, and I expect Trendy will at least re-use the cutscene - so they're still alive, at least until we see that cutscene in-game. What happens after that is anybody's guess.

Myself, I'm hoping the adult heroes become playable characters in some form, but knowing this kind of story, it'll probably be "the children prove their worth by saving the parents from [Insert Danger Here]"

The alternate heroes are not necessarily students of the original heroes' parents.

That is to say, the initiate's master may not be the Monk's father.

Ah... very good point. I only assumed that she was also trained by the monk's dad.

She may get her own story arc to fit in with her description, but right now, as far as the plot's concerned, she doesn't even exist.

Another good point. Poor, second class, no-story, counterpart heroes. :(

Myself, I'm hoping the adult heroes become playable characters in some form, but knowing this kind of story, it'll probably be "the children prove their worth by saving the parents from being trapped in the crystal by the tavern keeper"

Fixed the above for you, they never left at all, muhahaha. You are leveling the tavern keepers minions every time you "buy" a pet from him as well.

Final boss will be tavern keeper for sure xD
"Do not trust the tavern keep", and he keeps on hiding basement with our trophies too.
Djinn King says "...eternia shards are not used to be prison, but rather to imprison...(he goes boom)" imprison parents duuuuh.

About Monk, his story also says he wants to avenge death of his master, he was trained by his dad and someone elase too, where the another person died from a hand of something evil. Initiate was his training pal therefore.