Huntress Weapons - i need some advice please.

My huntress is around level 76 right now, and i have been using Disk Throwers ever since she was like level 60+.
However i have gotten pretty bored of them, and i am looking for a more anti-genie efficient weapon (not retribution).

What i am looking for is something similar to Minigun (or blasticus) but with Piercing capabilities?
I mean, something that shoots at least one accurate projectile (more are welcome) so that i can precisely shoot air enemies from afar, while being able to pierce trough multiple enemies for swarm clearing.

If you can also please post how many enemies your suggested weapon pierces, and how many projectiles it fires and its maximum firing speed.
Thank you for your help!

Thanks for the link, but i was hoping for a more personal experience answer.

Like any flaws you noticed while using the weapons, what you liked/disliked?

Thanks for the link, but i was hoping for a more personal experience answer.

Like any flaws you noticed while using the weapons, what you liked/disliked?

Minigun / Blasticus - Do not like these guns (even though Im currently using them on both my huntresses :kobold:). Very high single target dps, which dosent mean anything in NM, so I find them utterly useless.

Bonebow / DT - Piercing 4(?) targets so total dps can be 3.5x minigun/blasticus (0.7 * 5). Pierce is very useful for clearing mobs, but it still retains a relatively high RoF for single target dps. I really like these weapons.:D

The only alternative with a decent RoF I can think of would be the soul focuser which I have no experience with, and finding a good one is difficult. If you do get one though, it apparently has unlimited pierce (through walls as well), so...

I have been using a Mythical tri crossbow. I have found it good for spraying down crowds. It is also good on large targets such as ogres because every shot hits them 3 times. I was using a retribution but I found this one to hit harder. Despite the retribution's Higher fire rate and higher projectile count the DPS was higher on my crossbow. I would appreciate any advice on new bows as well.

I'd say the RoF is too slow on a phoenix. 3 sps is just too little IMO. Its also fire elemental only IIRC.

The tri crossbow is also good, but has no pierce. Its sps is also rather limited IIRC

I use a Crystal Tracker so that way I just AoE everything. Though I am trying to find a decent Soul Harvester just so I can have fun shooting through walls. But the Tracker (mining laser) clears all mobs pretty effectively.

I'm currently using a Shai Hulud (From War of the Djinn) on my Level 67 Huntress (Trap specced, currently levelling a DPS Ranger). It has a good range, fast rate of fire and does splash damage. It's been doing great for me in Oasis MonsterFest (although I can barely complete it :P).

From my experience with switching from a Barbarian DPS to a Ranger DPS just because of Djinn's i've found the following:

1) Retribution is nice but does not do enough single target damage
2) Blunderbuss does not shoot fast enough even though it pierces deeper then other weapons it really didn't work as I had hoped.
3) Mini-gun (probably a good blasticus as well or better but its what i had) did enough dps to interrupt Djinn's decently up to wave 20 at 160 ups, only 900 total attack damage on my ranger.
4) At wave 20 (where I lost anyways) I felt the need to switch to my barbarian for the 3x as much health.

After thinking about it for awhile I realized my only real issue in NM MM Surv was the Djinn's therefore I should focus on the Djinns and ignore everything else and let the towers/walls deal with them therefor a single ranged target DPS weapon was the best choice.

I love the Laser Pistol/ Mining laser/ raygun/ crystal tracker. It's a little short
On projectile range however it has big splash for lane clearing and does both generic and elemental damage. Attack speed is 6 which is sufficient given the splash damage it does. Downside is damage is relatively small and caps at 80 damage an upgrade. I love it solely for the added Ptew Ptew factor! Mine looks like so:

(ps- I'm looking for an endgame/trans version if you happen to come across one :) )

At 77 speed does that even move in nightmare or does it just float in front of you then explode? ;)

At 77 speed does that even move in nightmare or does it just float in front of you then explode? ;)

Kinda why I'm looking for a better one. However the projectile seems to act differently than say a staff projectile. Even at 77 speed it acts more like a 500 projectile speed weapon, even in nightmare. Did a NMHC zippy tower with it just fine, but maybe zippy doesn't use standard NM physics? Either way it was the perfect weapon for the map.