Patch 7.23 Discussion

honestly, all i want is a way for all items in a survival match that drop, to be sold and split amongst the people there instead of just dissapearing.

i would rather focus on playing the game than worrying if im going to get all the mana that drops.

do u really care that much ? mana is a joke anyway its worthless after a while i got about 40bil with nothing to buy

till you get to that point, yea care allot.

not good enough to run nightmare survival and make enough to make mana pointless, till than, mana is a big commodity.

also have to imagine transcendent, with 300+ levels of upgrade will be hell even with tons of mana.

do u really care that much ? mana is a joke anyway its worthless after a while i got about 40bil with nothing to buy

I'd imagine that hes speaking more towards the players that don't have the godly stats yet of 2k who can farm 200m mana in half an hour and get drops that get them to the 2bil mark in sales. This applies for players still leveling too doing the normal campaigns where loot dissapears. Since mana is so easy to come by for the top end, might as well make it happen now.

I can confirm that the Steam items showed up on my Trendy Tavern. Thanks for the fast fix!

Question, what happens if I delete them by error?

Having to constantly make mana tokens for trading is getting old. Can the soft mana cap be bumped up to 500mil? With these new levels, new items, you're hitting the mana cap before the end of the map. Thanks!

Having to constantly make mana tokens for trading is getting old. Can the soft mana cap be bumped up to 500mil? With these new levels, new items, you're hitting the mana cap before the end of the map. Thanks!

Or allow us to buy 100M tokens at the tavern.

* Projectile Towers are now biased towards attacking Djinn that are currently desummoning them

I just played a couple of runs of NM HC Spires with my Countess and failed twice in the last wave because my Harpoons wont prioritize Djinns desummoning the Spike Barricades holding the Ogres back right in front of them.

I may assume the those towers which are being desummoned are now biased towards attacking..

Your wall was attacking that Dijinn.

I may assume the those towers which are being desummoned are now biased towards attacking..

Your wall was attacking that Dijinn.

I got that much. It is just a pain because the djinns will almost allways go after the walls or auras first while the projectile towers behind still do nothing. Even if they do go after a tower, that one tower attacking them will not by itself deal with the djinn on later levels. So effectively that part of the patch has done very little.

OK.. Everything is great, but did patch removed Transcendental Rewards from Assault missions ? Cuz yesterday i got 31 Mythical retributions and 11 Transcendental and today after patch was doing Part 1 and got 49 Mythical and 0 Transcendental. And I did it same way I always did same Char, same gear. Does any1 noticed that too ?

[QUOTE]I got that much. It is just a pain because the djinns will almost allways go after the walls or auras first while the projectile towers behind still do nothing. Even if they do go after a tower, that one tower attacking them will not by itself deal with the djinn on later levels. So effectively that part of the patch has done very little.[/QUOTE]
Gas Traps. Problem solved, forever and ever.

I got that much. It is just a pain because the djinns will almost allways go after the walls or auras first while the projectile towers behind still do nothing. Even if they do go after a tower, that one tower attacking them will not by itself deal with the djinn on later levels. So effectively that part of the patch has done very little.

Also Djinn's tend to go after the highest upgraded towers. If your upgrading your walls first, they will go after the walls. Upgrade your dps towers so they tend to favor them over the walls.

OK.. Everything is great, but did patch removed Transcendental Rewards from Assault missions ? Cuz yesterday i got 31 Mythical retributions and 11 Transcendental and today after patch was doing Part 1 and got 49 Mythical and 0 Transcendental. And I did it same way I always did same Char, same gear. Does any1 noticed that too ?

Yeah something is definitely wrong, unless they just lowered the rate at which they drop by a lot. Ran through all 3 maps with 4 people about 10 times, none of us got any trans. Before this patch we would have atleast gotten 1, and on the 2nd map it was almost guaranteed that you got 1.

Since the latest patch monsters keep getting stuck in UMF NM. sometimes it's a spider in a wall, or wyvnern in a wall. this last game on wave 10 2 djinns were just floating in the street and I couldn't get them to move. Finally time runs out cause there stuck. Anyone else having this problem? This happened every so often before this patch but now it's 3 out of 4 games end this way.

Has anyone played Monkey balloon defense? You know how you can set each tower to prioritise mob.
Maybe I'm asking too much but can we not get similar options for turrets?

Maybe they can implement the same wheel interface by having only 4 options like Djinn/Ogre/Ninja/Small mobs. If you selected ogre, it'll attack ogre first then the rest is random/closest, no need for things like mob1>mob2>mob3.... I imagine that'll be a pain to code.

That way it solves the problem of targetting, classical example of harp firing into wall for a skeleton that's stuck because it's closer to it than the ogre that's coming from afar.

Oasis MF on Insane has Djinns now also, was that this patch? I didn't see it in the notes...did any other maps get them that didn't have them before?

Was the Djinn buff strength/rate increased? I've been doing hardcore nightmare rampart runs almost exclusively since the Djinn introduction and, as of today, I'm losing around half of my games where I was able to beat 19 out of 20 before today.

I was insta-killed by a buffed ninja (while wearing full 90% resists across the board) today and the buffed kobolds are raping my defenses.

My layout hasn't changed, and my gear has only been improving - which leads me to believe there were quite a few roll-outs in this patch that weren't listed in the patch notes.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Oasis MF on Insane has Djinns now also, was that this patch? I didn't see it in the notes...did any other maps get them that didn't have them before?

I have noticed this on Oasis MF as well. Made it a lot more frustrating for melee classes. A couple of times I just ran out of time because I was jumping around to catch the last (high) flying djinns.

yes.. tested and proven true

Survival NM is much more manageable now (on most maps) and Djinn don't cause me to lose if I build correctly, but I have an issue with the "less spiders spawn but same number of spawn points" on most maps. Since spiders drop less often and harpoons kill spiders better (and MM/lightning towers are a bit stronger for appy builders), I am able to get rid of some DU for spider def, but not really. I have a couple builds that fail miserably near the end when the massive amount of spiders spawn at high waves... I can usually salvage the situation by hand combat, but not always and my poor towers just can't keep up.

+1 on the limiting number of djinn based on number of players! It makes it so much easier for the first couple waves.

What's the deal with loot rewards and progression? After 7.2 came out I FINALLY got a few upgrade pieces of gear, now I'm doing NM HC survival Ramparts and wave 20 I still get no true upgrades dropping. I got 1 transcendent armor piece on wave 21, but that took me 6 hours to get. Rewards for challenges/monster fest are sucking a lot too compared to at first. I'm fine with no uber rewards for maps that can be completed in a short period of time and easy to repeat...

Perhaps I am just doing something wrong, but I feel like I'm regressing as each subsequent update is released.

Before 7.2 I was focusing on hardcore nightmare spires and was obtaining upgraded (low-end mythical) equipment once every 8-10 runs or so (which I was happy with). Then, with the release of the djinn, I've regressed to making hardcore nightmare rampart runs. The money, admittedly, is slightly better (averaging around 30 million per run through round 8), but I have only found a single equipment upgrade in the last 30 games or so.

Now that 7.23 is out, my apprentice layout that I was using is no longer holding up and I can only beat out round 8 about half the time (for which I haven't noticed any increase in loot or money).

Now, don't get me wrong; I love additional content! It usually keeps me interested in the games I play. I enjoy a game with relatively speedy rewards where I can progress toward the mid-end range within a month or two. At that point, new content is introduced, and my characters are usually strong enough to ease into it and repeat the process.

I'm at that point with DD (about a month and a half of (significant) playtime in), but instead of simply adding additional content, the previous content is becoming more difficult. So, instead of having a clear line of progression through the game, I find myself trying to figure out what I must be doing incorrectly.

-and like I said; maybe I'm doing something wrong. -but either way, I'm quickly losing interest and will stop purchasing additional content if I don't have a more clearly outlined method of progression.

Now, please understand that what I just said is not a threat or a flame. I loved this game when I first started playing and I got some of my friends to purchase it so we could play together, but we're all stumped on where to go from the low-end mythical level. All it would take to keep us being excited about the game (and buying new content) would be a more defined path of progression that doesn't include having super-high-end friends.

I know there won't be an official response to this, but I think my plea echoes that of a *lot* of people who are hovering around our level. So, we'd just like to throw that out as a suggestion for improvement. Something as simple as an "Are you stuck? Try this!" post on the forum would be all we'd need!

Hey guys,

I've just been informed by the dev team that there was an unintended bug that caused rewards to generate at the Transcendent level before the patch. The patch included the fix to this bug, and I've added it to the patch notes. Sorry about the confusion.