QLES all 4 maps for starters. And while its not needed get the new characters dlc. They have different strengths and weaknesses. That is my opinion. Everyething else can be bought later.

I own the core game can anyone tell me which dlc's to buy I am on a budget...thanks for your time

The "New Heroes" pack is great if you want to try the new classes. It's about $5.
The Barbarian DLC is about $3 and is great for a change in playing style.

The QFTLES are good too. If you spend the $13 for the entire pack you will also get the Assault Mission Pack for free, which is about $2 on their own.

Other than that the rest of the DLC isn't worth getting if you are worried about money.
Most of the "holiday" DLC stuff are too hard for new players even on Easy anyways.

The complete DLC shards pack is all you will need to progress through the game, which will also unlock the Assault pack for free.

Everything else is vanity, maybe consider the Halloween DLC aswell though, it can give good weapons, though not needed.

The other posts sound like sound advice. The one thing i will add is always grab the free stuff when you see it. Trendy usually has the free stuff for a couple of weeks then they charge. So I would get it while the getting is good. Even if it is not that interesting to you at the moment.

The other posts sound like sound advice. The one thing i will add is always grab the free stuff when you see it. Trendy usually has the free stuff for a couple of weeks then they charge. So I would get it while the getting is good. Even if it is not that interesting to you at the moment.

Yup!

QFTLES = Quest for the Lost Eternity Shards

You said you were new, so I figured an acronym was useless. Definitely get the complete pack as it will save you money over the long-run and gets you the AMP (assault mission pack) for free too (as mentioned above).

The QFTLES pack is easily the best thing to buy. Though it's the most expensive of the DLC packs (as far as I know), it's by far the best value as far as actual lifespan goes. The first two DLC maps are quite tricky and mostly aimed at higher levels, so they'll give you a challenge once the game is complete, and I'm sure the second two will be equally tricky.

The QFTLES pack also adds the Assault Mission pack which has a couple of nice rewards in, and of course Nightmare mode, which will add potentially hundreds of extra hours (depending on how determined you are to get awesome gear) to the game once you're high level enough and have the gear to attempt it.

I agree with most here about buying the Quest for the Lost Eternity Shards DLC package. It is a little spendy but worth it in the long run.

Outside of that I wouldn't bother unless you get some extra cash.

got the gen swaps and the 1-4 qfles ty so much to do w 8 heros, nighmare, and lvl 78 cap imma be busy for a while...:)

Countess is the best hero imo :)

She is my next main, I have so many hrs on console and....I start w DPS huntress, prob coulda made a better decision lol.

Meh, I still play the same on PC as I did on PS3. Hunter for my DPS even though PSS is weaker than PS, but ranged DPS that's male? Of course.

Still roll a tower Squire, Apprentice and Monk. Originally I started with a tower Hunter, but gave that up a while ago.
While a Trap spec character would work great, I'm finding most Squire based builds from console still work great. Especially since the Harpoon can lead targets.

You can seriously run pure Squire builds all the way through Insane just like on consoles. The hard part on PC is getting into Nightmare. You really need stats around the 800s-1000s to get into it.