help new player mechanics

Hello,

Im new to this game and i have some questions.

When i place towers with my high lvl apprentice and switch to a low lvl hero, my towers have lower dmg, why is that?
My walls still have the same high health. Whats the point of switching heroes then if you solo?

I also wonder what causes items to appear in tavern, how does that work? Somtimes its for appprentice, sometimes squire etc.

Greets

Something called "active builder" gives you a 30% dmg boost when the builder of the towers is there during the battle wave.

Hello,

Im new to this game and i have some questions.

When i place towers with my high lvl apprentice and switch to a low lvl hero, my towers have lower dmg, why is that?
My walls still have the same high health. Whats the point of switching heroes then if you solo?

I also wonder what causes items to appear in tavern, how does that work? Somtimes its for appprentice, sometimes squire etc.

Greets

Towers receive a 30% debuff to damage when the active builder is not on the map. This is to encourage players to not have "builder only" characters. The farther you get into the game the more diverse the classes become, at some point you'll have to decide if you want to be one shot killed or have a 30% tower debuff if you are playing strickly solo.

Tavern items seem to be mostly based on the class you finish the map with but i'm not 100% sure one that.

Hello,

Class-specific gear in the shop appears for whichever character you were playing as when the shop updated its inventory, which happen whenever you clear a stage, or clear 5/10/15 etc. waves in one game in survival.

So for example, if you clear a stage as an Apprentice, the shop will restock with staffs. From what I know the rare occasion of seeing an animus pet in the shop follows the same rule.

Something to note is you'll get squire gear if you play as a barbarian, and if you use a controller to clear a wave with 2 players on one computer, you'll get gear for both classes used.

Active builder receives a 33% damage buff to towers. If you swap off, you lose 25% of the current damage. Only Tower Damage is affected. Tower HP, Rate, and Radius are not affected. (Some have answered this already, but these are the correct percentage values.)

Generally, the only worthwhile stock from the tavernkeep are his pets. Usually you can obtain better armor and weapons from the map you completed.

Active builder receives a 33% damage buff to towers. If you swap off, you lose 25% of the current damage. Only Tower Damage is affected. Tower HP, Rate, and Radius are not affected. (Some have answered this already, but these are the correct percentage values.)

Now i consider myself a seasoned DD player but i haven't read every topic or guide.

Please explain to me how the "active builder" gives you 33% boost but when you leave you only get a 25% debuff in dmg? What happends to the other 8%?

Now i consider myself a seasoned DD player but i haven't read every topic or guide.

Please explain to me how the "active builder" gives you 33% boost but when you leave you only get a 25% debuff in dmg? What happends to the other 8%?

Let's say your active builder does 1000 damage with your favorite tower. Swapping to another character will reduce this damage, since he is no longer the active builder, to 750. The loss in damage equals 25%. For the damage to reach 1000 again, you have to increase the damage by 33% of 750.