Loving the sound of the changes! Towers prioritizing Djinns when they are targeted is awesome!
The Djinn spawning changes sound perfect too.

1) I'm curious to as if this affects Bowling Turrets? It is a ranged tower but it doesn't hit air?
2) 4 Djinn max if solo? Why? Why isn't there a 4 Ogre max? I honestly think dealing with 12 Djinns is far easier than dealing with 12 ogres.

HUH? You NEWB! You do not have 2 Million DPS in NM?? According to TE, taking out 10 ogres each with 4 Mill Hitpoints should be a cake walk.

PS.
I only have about 100k dps in NM:)

I am a bit curious as to how one player could reasonably be expected to handle 4 Djinns at once, but it's still an improvement.

(I'm picturing a Squire who has Djinns flanking his towers from two directions at once, here. Yeeesh.)

im liking trendy keeping on top of this issue with Djinn's, like its been only 4 days since the release. ... and people were complaining that trendy doesnt listen or do anything... ha! ... I just hope they dont nerf the Djinn's TOO much because of ppl complaining.. i do like some of a challenge.. not trying to have people complain their way into a cake walk of a game... mind you im at the beginner mythical gear point in the game with a 500/700/200/400 app and i do just fine against the Djinn's.. but whatever... in Trendy we trust!

As an apprentice, my single target DPS is Very low against Djinns, since they are floating and in the air, only two of the five projectiles from my staff will hit (fan shape fire pattern). Takes forever to DPS them down.

I am a bit curious as to how one player could reasonably be expected to handle 4 Djinns at once, but it's still an improvement.

(I'm picturing a Squire who has Djinns flanking his towers from two directions at once, here. Yeeesh.)

4 is much better than 6 while fighting a boss, repairing, slapping djinns off buildings, fighting off spiders, and not dying. I could, probably. I just run around and slap them off my buildings.

I'm liking these patch notes. I'm also loving the reduction of Djinn zergs.

Challenge is nice and all, but there comes a point where it gets unfair. Like, I don't know, hundreds of Djinns? :D

4 is much much better than 80 as is what happens in 7.22 in MistyMire Survival

Oh lord, really?

Also.

"* Fixed >4P case where no Djinn"

What....

Oh lord, really?

Also.

"* Fixed >4P case where no Djinn"

What....

I believe they are referring to more than four players in monsterfest. 4 Djinn shouldn't be an issue for one person with a proper build. I don't even realize Djinn were summoned til after the wave when I realize I killed several of them. I can solo Desert town on insane and to the boss on NM. My friend could solo both.

I believe they are referring to more than four players in monsterfest. 4 Djinn shouldn't be an issue for one person with a proper build. I don't even realize Djinn were summoned til after the wave when I realize I killed several of them. I can solo Desert town on insane and to the boss on NM. My friend could solo both.

To elaborate a little bit, in Oasis Monster Fest as soon as you had 5 players you would never see a Djinn again.

Liking the changes, makes djinns more targetable. Now , finding the djinn that start unsummoning first should be priority, compared to just... hoping the gas traps hold long enough for all the djinns to die :S. Hope to test the patch soon!

To elaborate a little bit, in Oasis Monster Fest as soon as you had 5 players you would never see a Djinn again.

OH dang. Teamwork is OP.

Teamwork being used loosely here.

Liking the changes, makes djinns more targetable. Now , finding the djinn that start unsummoning first should be priority, compared to just... hoping the gas traps hold long enough for all the djinns to die :S. Hope to test the patch soon!

can always detonate the trap manually

So does that mean only the turret that is being unsummoned will attack the djinn or all in the vicinity?

The biggest problem I have with them on misty is that they go up above the trees and the turrets can't hit them where they go but they can still unsummon. They are always getting stuck in trees and things.

Maybe for moraggo unless this is intended: when the boss spawns his mini djinn, my turrets attack the minis which they can't hurt and leave the boss alone. if it's not intended maybe make the turrets ignore mini djinn?

Fix 4 Orges in solo would be too easy

but over 10 at once is maybe a bit too hard :)

This.
And in addition, I think the Ogre number calculation should be revised and more specific for later waves, following a real progression.

Example: ES NM HC Survival Wave 8: 30 Ogres ( wtf ). Wave 9: 16 or so.

Tower AI needs to be fixed so it only targets things it can hit. For instance, I've had a harpoon fire endlessly into a rock or tree and not hit the target behind it, but there were monsters smashing a wall to bits a few steps over.

This fix of "towers targeted will prioritize djinn" doesn't help when a wall, aura, etc are targeted. Or even if a magic missile is targeted then will the harpoons nearby simply shoot at those orcs instead of the djinn unsummoning there?

As for them "staying on the issue"...some beta testing would have flushed these issues out, imo.

I'd like to see a radial button added to towers in which you can prioritise which mobs the towers will target, with an option to flag and unflag the mobs so you can set a tower in a particular position and you have total control over what it shoots at. If you want just a tower that shoots at wyverns then you can do that. In some cases you might want some towers to not target ogres as a priority. A simple program system really allows players to choose what their defenses shoot at and do not have to be dependant on Trendy fiddling with the AI and the general priority system to try and fit into everyone's need.

Towers can have whatever default AI applies until they are altered by the builder.