Is Nightmare OMF possible with Towers?

I've been running HC Insane lately, and often it's easier to just dps the whole thing. I have a pretty good build for the North spawn. But in the South, the massive Wyvern army makes using Towers a joke. From what I've heard, the only real way to attempt this map on Nightmare is all dps Heroes with 2k+ Health and Damage, plus at least 70 Physical/Fire Resistance. Your thoughts?

Solo'd NM HC OMF with towers, traps, auras and builder active.

added in another character last wave.

Overall, very hectic but definitely doable, especially with two active.

EDIT: this was on 7.20. I would consider using gas traps on 7.22

I just finished it with towers, was hectic too but manageable.
Wave 13 and 14 we're stressful, the rest went easy.

Can anyone post a strategy for this. I can't seem to come up with one that works.

I would, but the screenshot I made you can't see anything on.
Will post what I used as soon as the cubicleninja site gets updated.

But even on HC NM, don't you get junk loot doing it solo? And I too would love to see layout/stats for a solo run. Is this one where the Chests can drop decent stuff, or do you need the grand prize for anything good?

OMF NM HC has pretty decent gear drops, and I'm expecting even better rewards once I finish it. I've gotten to wave 13 with my build.

In the southeastern corner of the map there's a backwards L shape by the loop, it looks like this:

The keyhole shapes are bowling ball turrets, I'm sure you can recognize/guess the poor excuses for walls I've drawn up, the failed attempt at harpoons looks like a sort of warped T shape and the two little suns at the south are bouncers.
Green is ensnare, purple is darkness and orange is inferno. They get Djinn'd quite often, but I guess that's better than the wall disappearing as long as you rebuild between waves. These aren't really that necessary but I strongly suggest having some sort of buildings there to serve as djinn bait.
The bouncers take care of the wyverns that spawn from the south, they sometimes drop quite low and you need to repair them but they do the job really well. My countess only has 900 tower hp and they've never been destroyed.

This build has worked best out of all the builds I've tried. I stay on my Barbarian with a Huntress Guardian for combat phases, last time I tried I lost on wave 13 because I built something and derped so I didn't have time to switch back. The bowling balls are amazing here, when you huntress boost them they create the most awesome ball pit ever and the only mobs that ever get close to the wall are ogres and even they never damage the wall unless they're rushing and I'm boosting the other side. The eastern side is really strong, the northern part of the build is a little shaky but it's been doing fine and I think this build can get through the map with good stats and a minimum of derps.

I just realized I derped a little when making the setup as well. The northern harpoons are supposed to be right behind the bowlers, side by side. You can't build them side by side in the narrow alley thing so you need to build them as close to the start of the bridge as possible, then place bouncers in front and then the backwards walls. The harpoons need to be that far out so they can target djinn that float on the sides of the bridge and shanghai your bowlers/walls. You should be paying attention and killing them whenever you can.

The southernmost towers are on top of the cliff at the edge of the map. It's actually possible to build there. Place harpoons and the bowling ball first, then bouncers and you need to build the lower borling balls first so you can stand on them while building on the cliff. The harpoons and bowlings should be at the edge of the cliff, as far down as you can get them. Just try messing around a bit there, you'll get a feel for how the buildable zone is.

Oh and good luck! :)

Edit: My countess stats are 900/2000/800/800 or something along those lines. Tower hp squire has 1900 thp though I doubt that one's very necessary apart from the northern part of the build if you leave it unattended.

Edit2: Trying again now. I took some screenshots to show you the build. Unfortunately I can't screenshot the map but this should explain nicely.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042417734/screenshot/506893428787972304

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042417734/screenshot/506893428787977358/?

I stayed on my countess builder through the first wave because I was a bit slow with building. She has over 80k hp and some half decent 50%ish resists and I nearly got oneshot by a ninja so if you do play on your builder be careful.

I've tried out your build and it seems like its going to be solid, but there isn't enough DU to build it all. I'm at 110/110 with no ensnare down. I've checked what I have out compared to what your layout shows and it's all the same.

I've gotten lots of sale-worthy items from waves 13 and 14 of Nightmare OMF. What I've never gotten even once - grumble - is a damnable transcendent item. :(

I use the "T" junction on the very top of the map, right above the northern spawn, where you get the two side paths hugging the cliff and descending, with the center landbridge turning into a wooden bridge just after a pair of stone pillars.

Setup:

North T junction.

Left side (copy for right side)
2 Bowlers sitting at top of slope facing downhill.
1 Barricade, inverted, 3/4 the way down the slope, slightly before the turn.
1 Magic Missile turret, just lower than the bowlers, facing straight ahead to fire on center lane and side lane that the turret is on.

Center Lane: 4 Ballistas, two on each edge of the LAND bridge - not the wood bridge, firing so they have complete coverage of the center area, and the side lane they're on again. Two Lightning towers also on either edge of the land bridge. On the wood bridge, one squire barricade, reversed to foil ogres. Proximity and ethereal traps centering on the barricade.

In the pit below, proximity/inferno/ethereal spike traps on either side of the spawn, for a total of six traps.

Should leave enough points for a heal aura if I remember right. If not, another magic missile, this one dead center of the land bridge, firing straight ahead.

You'll need to keep someone on top of repairs - the traps, obviously, and the defenses - but

That setup has run me four or five flawless Nightmare HC OMF, although I've never once gotten a Trans for my troubles. Heh.

May it bring you better luck than it has brought me!

I've tried out your build and it seems like its going to be solid, but there isn't enough DU to build it all. I'm at 110/100 with no ensnare down. I've checked what I have out compared to what your layout shows and it's all the same.

Yeah, I noticed that too lol. I just skipped the ensnare, thinking about getting it back tho.. Just experiment yourself, no build is ever perfect ;)

Yeah, I noticed that too lol. I just skipped the ensnare, thinking about getting it back tho.. Just experiment yourself, no build is ever perfect ;)

Just a few minutes ago I was on the Final Wave. Not even a minute in I went to take care of a Djinn and was in CtA and derped off a cliff. Awesome. Solid build though man. I'm able to stay on my Countess too. I just sit on top of either of the defenses and hold down block.

Thanks for the info, everyone! And senzation54, your map is still super-informative :) There is just something about seeing what you are doing before you do it, that helps immensely. I'll be practicing my build in that looping part of the map today.

i personally prefer the looping part to build. it gives way more room to take care of the wyverns and djinns and you can share ensnares with the top and bottom if you place them right.

I'm using the same spot as senzation54.
I did it solo using only squire towers(1 spiked wall to block both access and a TON of harpoons)
It wasn't hard at all.
Not sure if it's because I did it solo but the drops and rewards were really crappy.
Haven't seen one useful item in the whole run.

Some people on this forum are saying the rewards on Insane are better....

I'm using the same spot as senzation54.
I did it solo using only squire towers(1 spiked wall to block both access and a TON of harpoons)
It wasn't hard at all.
Not sure if it's because I did it solo but the drops and rewards were really crappy.
Haven't seen one useful item in the whole run.

Some people on this forum are saying the rewards on Insane are better....

i did it twice on insane, with min 2 people (me and friend);
-1 Huntress guardian with about 85 boost, 150 stats on everything and a -54 on special ability 2 and it has 213 Upgrades
second run i got;
-1 Apprentice guardian with about 81 boost, 180 stats and 3 fairly big neg's, but it's still useful on a DPS char. 197 upgrades

But you have to be MVP, i completed the NM OMF once with a full party, and the MVP got a really insane pet.

Do have to mention that the Insane difficulty is more based on DPS hero's than Towers, the repairing is so slow, if you only have squire's in your team, its just better to DPS the whole level with some snares and traps.

I keep running out of time, and am not banking much mana either. does anyone have a new build for old Uber monsterfest? great mana farming, but the djinns killed my build.

UMF1 keep your barriers at one star and your harpoons at 3 stars. Reduce the radius of your traps and move them close to the barriers. Djinn's should go for the 3 star harpoons before the other items (ie. wont have issues with them from around the corner zapping traps).

I was able to beat NM HC OMF with senzation's strategy without much hassle. It's beneficial to have a sword with sufficient block, so you can stay on your Squire/Countess in case something gets taken out by a Djinn. Just sit on top of your defenses and hold in block. I'm just curious if Trendy will end up patching the map so you cant build up on that cliff. As for the rewards, I still get better items from Insane HC, but on NM HC I've seen a number of midrange (100^ + w/ 100+ stats) drop.

OMF NM HC is much earlier than either of the UMF NM. I can't beat UMF2 NM but i beat this OMF NM HC with any problems, first or second try.

The spot that Senzation posted seems to work well, but for a full group it can be a really annoying spot - too narrow and people getting stuck on each other, or knocking each other off the ledges (and why do range attackers keep running up and attacking from the barricades where melee would be better standing? =P)

The "T" junction above the north spawn works really well with a full party, I'm gonna try that today solo and see how I go =)

ive done it (nightmare hc) with towers, but its bloddy difficult.. tower placement has to literally be "perfect" and your stats have to be "perfect" theres no iffy on the placement or stats as far as i can tell.. and even then i had to get my imp out and constantly repair stuff

The spot that Senzation posted seems to work well, but for a full group it can be a really annoying spot - too narrow and people getting stuck on each other, or knocking each other off the ledges (and why do range attackers keep running up and attacking from the barricades where melee would be better standing? =P)

The "T" junction above the north spawn works really well with a full party, I'm gonna try that today solo and see how I go =)
I've tried that spot area with a full group, and we ran out of time long before making a dent in the Monsters :( Problem is the Necromancers draw aggro right underneath you, and just sit there spamming Skeletons. I don't think Senzation's build is meant for a full group either, as that would get rather crowded.

There are 3 places you can build. Senzation's place is good. The T/U thing by the spawn, or down on the central bridge. All are a bit mental, because the wyverns love to interrupt everything you try to do. Traps help clear the trash a bit, but don't upgrade them or they desummoned easily, so you're better off spending the DU elsewhere.
If you're going towers, duo is easiest. Taking ranged DPS is wise to stop any Djinn being ****s, and you'll want a fully boosted app and hunter guard to respond to ogres/djinn as per other UMFs.
MVP rewards still seem to be more solid for Insane than NM, and on insane you can totally DPS insane with a half decent character. A hunter with a fully upped myth retri can easily hold a single spawn on his own.

There's a decently wide area by the 3 tents with a camel (it's near the T junction area) that is pretty nice to build in. Quite a bit of room to move around (enough that 8 players on Insane was fine for the most part, a bit of bumping elbows). It's also tested for NM HC with 3-players, and SoloDuo. Just posted the build in the Guide section.