What do you guys think is more valuable? (Soda or Gunslinger)

After the patch, i think it will be better also, but as of right now Idk which one is more valuable in a trade.

well actually if were not talking before the patch comes out? the soda, but after the patch comes out, it will be the gunslinger by a long shot just because the slinger is mostly base and the soda is poison base so with the gunslinger you wouldnt have to worry about that you could just shoot an kill without a piercing shot. so overally? the gunslingers gattling gun bro.

-Soda has a higher fixed damage w/o PS than the slinger.
-Slinger has the range advantage.
-But soda can harm multiple enemies that are within the flame, Slinger is a single.
-Slinger is physical dmg, Soda is elemental - however I can just use the PS to kill Poison enemies aside from Poison being an uncommon resistance vs fire/lightning.

I'd say the soda is better.

-Soda has a higher fixed damage w/o PS than the slinger.
-Slinger has the range advantage.
-But soda can harm multiple enemies that are within the flame, Slinger is a single.
-Slinger is physical dmg, Soda is elemental - however I can just use the PS to kill Poison enemies aside from Poison being an uncommon resistance vs fire/lightning.

I'd say the soda is better.

Agreed

when you use a soda its elmental an to kill a enemy thats poison resistance you would use the piercing shot,
but with the slinger you dont even have to use the piercing shot you can kill everything with 350 bullets an not use a piercing shot whether its elemental or not.

when you use a soda its elmental an to kill a enemy thats poison resistance you would use the piercing shot,
but with the slinger you dont even have to use the piercing shot you can kill everything with 350 bullets an not use a piercing shot whether its elemental or not.

Of course you can kill all normal enemies with the Slinger w/o PS b/c it's a physical dmg weapon. However, the slinger would have to mow enemies down one by one. That would take a bit long over time. Also, how often do you run into a Poison resistant enemy?

Let's take a situation in Mystimire Forest/Insane difficulty for example: for a typical build, one would lay down a gas/inferno trap combination near a spawn. With the Soda, I can go up to the gas trap where the monsters are being held and literally hold down the R2 button a split second and obliterate the majority of the mob. There will sometimes be that one odd poison resistant enemy I can always kill in the end with one PS.

My point is that no matter what the number of enemies, they will be engulfed within the Soda flame because of the ability to kill multiple monsters in the fraction of a second using approximately 5-7 ammunition out of the 250 clip it possesses.
With the Slinger, it would take more bullets thus more time to kill that same number of enemies in that gas trap b/c it only targets single enemies at a time.

Advantage: Soda

Plus out of a mob of 100 say 5 are poision resistent, then you just use PS on those 5 and be done with it. It's really not that big of a deal. And even if for some reason you can't kill the 5, surely you're towers are going to be able to kill all the poison resistant ones.... if they can't you got bigger problem then what gun you're using :)

Let's compare (;
Soda- Poison, ~30 shots per second, short range, AoE, more common I believe.
Gunslinger- Generic, 9/12 shots before/after patch, long range, single-target, rarer.
Hmmmmmmmm.......

Honestly the only disadvantage the SODA has is the lack of range and ability to fire fast whilst turning.