Djinn Interuption threshhold lowering not working/needs change

If the damage threshold before they are interrupted, 7.5% of their total health, is what they need to lose before they stop casting, as of 7.22, its not always working. I sat and watched one continue to cast despite a DST firing at it for 63k shots (wave 10 of Morrago on HCNM)... it had 750k health, and it kept trying to desummon a tower for 5+ seconds until it died.

If the threshold is what a single attack needs to do in order to interrupt them, that is ridiculous. Only slow melee weapons or app boosted towers can do that much damage in a single hit.

Either way, interruption is not reliable, and considering if it fails you lose a tower, it seriously needs to be addressed.

If the damage threshold before they are interrupted, 7.5% of their total health, is what they need to lose before they stop casting, as of 7.22, its not always working. I sat and watched one continue to cast despite a DST firing at it for 63k shots (wave 10 of Morrago on HCNM)... it had 750k health, and it kept trying to desummon a tower for 5+ seconds until it died.

If the threshold is what a single attack needs to do in order to interrupt them, that is ridiculous. Only slow melee weapons or app boosted towers can do that much damage in a single hit.

Either way, interruption is not reliable, and considering if it fails you lose a tower, it seriously needs to be addressed.

Towers can not interrupt them, it has to be hero damage.

Towers can not interrupt them, it has to be hero damage.

OK, if that is the case, that is the MOST retarded thing i have heard or witnessed this year.

Sooo... if 20 djins spawn, I HAVE to physically DPS EACH Djinn or else I fail????????????

OK, if that is the case, that is the MOST retarded thing i have heard or witnessed this year.

Sooo... if 20 djins spawn, I HAVE to physically DPS EACH Djinn or else I fail????????????

You could also try killing them with towers. Just a thought.

God forbid you can't afk a wave.

Plus the new patch lowers the spawn rate.

You could also try killing them with towers. Just a thought.

Which comes back to I need to be able to DPS a creation with 1-2 mil health down with towers only in under 10 seconds or I lose my towers.

Not every tower can always be watched, not every front can have gas traps, not every djinn can be shot individually, and not everybody has 2000+ stat gear to DPS down a Djinn quickly enough without boosting the towers. All of these 'strategies' I keep being told to use sure do seem to be coming from people who have no idea what its like to fight Djinn with poor gear in survival or uber runs. A lot of us don't have 2000 stat gear, and a lot of us WERE making progress on that front, until any unmonitored wall began being destroyed by djinn.

God forbid you can't afk a wave.

Plus the new patch lowers the spawn rate.

Oh, another person who hasn't tried it but assumes that there is no problem.

Wave 11. Alchemy lab. At the start, and end, oif the waves, no less than 16+ Djinn spawned in about 15 seconds. And more are spawning each wave, with more health. We're supposed to individually dps down 4+ djinn each? In Pre-wave-15 survival gear?

It isn't about being possible with great gear. Its about have access to gear if you don't already have it. Loot progression.

the djinn interupt % is still a little buggy considering i can dps one from 100% to about 200k before the cast finishes and it still doesnt interp half the time. that is w/o towers attacking them while they are out beind a wall somewhere.

Oh, another person who hasn't tried it but assumes that there is no problem.

Wave 11. Alchemy lab. At the start, and end, oif the waves, no less than 16+ Djinn spawned in about 15 seconds. And more are spawning each wave, with more health. We're supposed to individually dps down 4+ djinn each? In Pre-wave-15 survival gear?

It isn't about being possible with great gear. Its about have access to gear if you don't already have it. Loot progression.

I had this problem on alchemy labs as well. On wave 10 and 11, there were so many djinn, I would get pelteld nonstop with their fireballs and die quickly, or if I hid, my towers would die quickly. After adding gas traps in strategic locations, though, it was once again very manageable, and the damage was mild.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=25017

the djinn interupt % is still a little buggy considering i can dps one from 100% to about 200k before the cast finishes and it still doesnt interp half the time. that is w/o towers attacking them while they are out beind a wall somewhere.

It never works on NM HC Oasis Monsterfest, literally never works. I use my barbarian and after doing two hawk stances and regular dps, I will bring them down 2mil health out of 11mil and yet they still take down the towers. I guess it's time to start farming insane hc

I have also experienced the djinn not being able to be interrupted. I've taken one down from 100% to 5% and the only way to interrupt its casting was to kill it. Also, they are buffing mobs to >1bil hp which makes them not able to be killed.

^ I've had this too. Genies sometimes get interrupted but other times, they just keep right on going, and with the health buff to them in later waves, they get downright impossible to stop, let alone stopping multiple genies

I'd say bump their interruption threshold back up or even higher then it was (15-25%) and allow towers to interrupt them. At least this way in the late waves of SV, it could put some priority on AoE towers that can hit multiple enemies and have a chance to break up the channel. I mean, for those of us that don't have 2k+ tower stats, NM has really gotten near impossible and SV to any of the upgrade waves is just plain impossible. With 20+ Djinn up at once, a melee character solo it is almost impossible to stop all the channeling. I'm glad that the Djinn sorta fix the afk problem but it is a bit ridiculous on the number that can be out in a ratio to the number of people.

i just wish towers could interrupt them. even if it was a rather large portion of their health that towers had to knock off (40-60%) to interrupt them, that would make them so much less of a pain.

theyre just frustrating right now, and their introduction has made a lot of things impossible for a lot of people, and that is what is more important than anything else.

also, spawning them in zergs is a horrible idea and it should be completely removed from the game. dealing with 3 of them at one time is bad enough. dealing with 12+ is just unkind. and yes, they have way too many hitpoints.

Spawn rate reduced...rofl. waves 15+ misty survival has 70+ djiins, most of them spawn at the end. You get around 30-40 of them on the level at the same time, and they have over 2M hp each...AND this happens with the mass spider wave, which are being targeted before them. Towers will not take care of this problem, not with teh target priority we have now. Its pretty much impossible to DPS all of them down. My bard can 1 hit combo them with hawk stance and thats far from enough to deal with them :S.

Also, the interrupt doesnt work, at all >__>

Quick work-around: use a DPS pet.

I've never had any problems interrupting them with my dps pet. I've played as both host and client and my dps pet has been successful 100% of the time.

Spawn rate reduced...rofl. waves 15+ misty survival has 70+ djiins, most of them spawn at the end. You get around 30-40 of them on the level at the same time, and they have over 2M hp each...AND this happens with the mass spider wave, which are being targeted before them. Towers will not take care of this problem, not with teh target priority we have now. Its pretty much impossible to DPS all of them down. My bard can 1 hit combo them with hawk stance and thats far from enough to deal with them :S.

Also, the interrupt doesnt work, at all >__>

Scares me that you of all people are having issues. Your builds are always the best ones I see on here, and I would pretty much take stock in your opinion on what is happening/doable on maps.

I've also noticed the interruption not working at all while trying out OMF HC NM strategies and it is very frustrating. My own DPS does absolutely nothing to them. I have not tried a DPS pet, however, since I need to have a guardian out.

I played today some NM games and yes, the only way to interrupt the casting, is killing them, they never stop.

Quick work-around: use a DPS pet.

I've never had any problems interrupting them with my dps pet. I've played as both host and client and my dps pet has been successful 100% of the time.

Can confirm that, when I use my dragon against Djinns they allways get interrupted, and thats why I kinda like the Djinns, suer they need balancing, but the time of afking is over with them and the dps pets are more important now, not only guards.

You don't, using a DPS pet is one of the best and effective ways of dealing with Djinns, but it surely isn't the only way.

Just because using Bouncers on spider spawns is the best and most effective way, doesn't mean it's the only way.

I played today some NM games and yes, the only way to interrupt the casting, is killing them, they never stop.

This is the case I've found too. I've dealt over 2 million damage to a Djinn with my Barbarian and he never stops channeling the cast. Definitely needs a fix.

DPS pets may alleviate the problem, but it's definitely not the solution.

You don't, using a DPS pet is one of the best and effective ways of dealing with Djinns, but it surely isn't the only way.

Just because using Bouncers on spider spawns is the best and most effective way, doesn't mean it's the only way.

Having to manually DPS, or be in proximity to, a Djinn or you lose the game isn't really the same thing as having to adjust defenses to handle spiders popping up. And that is pretty much what is required. That, or just a boatload of DPS that a lot of us don't have