Djinn still broken (7.21) and simple fix solution

Okay, here is the main issue: Djinn will target auras (particularly ensnare) and traps (particularly darkness). This is an issue since most likely you won't have the monk/traptress active. This is especially true in solo (effectively eliminating viable solo runs). An easy fix is to have them target towers only (app/squire). This alone would make them infinitely more manageable. Thoughts?

not at all.

they shouldnt have 75% of ogre HP. they shouldnt hit for 3 times what a DEW does. they shouldnt have OVER 9000!!!!! knockback. they shouldnt spawn in zergs.

what they are targeting is irrelevant in comparison.

[c3;372534']not at all.

they shouldnt have 75% of ogre HP. they shouldnt hit for 3 times what a DEW does. they shouldnt have OVER 9000!!!!! knockback. they shouldnt spawn in zergs.

what they are targeting is irrelevant in comparison.

The only issue my friends and I have had with them are the insta-gibs. After the 7.21 patch they don't seem to have as much hp or do as much damage. Doing misty runs right now and the loss of the ensnare/traps is the most annoying, since you can do anything until the next build phase.

Another idea, though prob not gonna happen, is instead of insta-gib, do a de-buff (like turn a lvl 5 tower into a lvl 1). Though I do agree with you about the massive spawn issue. In Moraggo if you get a 4-group spawn at each of the spawn point locations, you're sol. You can't get to all of them, especially with less than 4 ppl.

Edit: Your points are still valid. This is still a huge issue. But the de-spawn on top of it makes it impossible to deal with them, especially if you were relying on the ensnares to hold off mobs. And since you can't rebuild those during the wave, well, you see the problem.

Djinn are seriously easy. You just have to adjust your build.

I understand that some people spent a good deal of time perfecting every inch of their build, but...

You're in the collective. Adapt. :) Learn where they spawn and aim your towers accordingly, and you'll forget they're even there. (Before you say it, my gear is terribad)

Keep an eye out for them and shoot them- it will interrupt their casting.

I understand that some people spent a good deal of time perfecting every inch of their build, but...

You're in the collective. Adapt. :) Learn where they spawn and aim your towers accordingly, and you'll forget they're even there. (Before you say it, my gear is terribad)

Well on forge survival it is so hard cause they hide above lava where u cant get them

I think you need to practice changing up your strategies and changing the way you nest.

Djinn not being able to target traps/auras makes them essentially pointless; this is their main threat. You're going to have one of two situations being true while the round is running.

1) You're on your main damage builder (Squire/App) to boost your towers, repair, etc.
2) You're on a dps class (Hunter) with a buff familiar.

So, if 1 is true, which it usually is, them unsummoning your towers is meaningless. You'll immediately replace it and there's no harm done, the Djinn had literally no impact on your defense.

If 2 is true, it will never be able to unsummon because you will be able to shoot it in the face and stop it (If you do about 20% of their hp in damage they stop channeling the unsummon)

If, instead, either 1 or 2 is true and you've made your auras a size and put them in a place where they're not an easy target but they still mostly do their job, Djinn will have a nearly impossible time getting to them without being killed first by you or the towers, you can spot them earlier, and if they're that far into your defenses and channeling unsummon on an aura, and you don't run over and wail on them, it's your own fault.

Djinn are fine. Your old strategy of sitting and standing around with an app/hunter guardian no longer works and you need to change strategies to deal with them.

That said, there are some issues with their numbers in survival, but even then it's not really that horrible if you bring a friend along or switch to a dps class once all of your towers are high stars.

For both Alhanalem and especially for Ryukaki, please show me a build that gets me to lvl 20 Survival on Misty Mire. I used to be able to do that easily with my 800/1400/700/700 squire builder and my tank/Dps barbarian split screened.

Last night i made it through wave 10 with a wopping 92/140 DU left. So please Ryukaki explain to me how instantly building back a 1 star wall is going to instantly replace the 5 star wall that a DEW can still tear apart in 5-6 seconds. Ryukaki due to you comments I feel that you have not tried this. My next idea is to switch to a huntress but i'm not sure how well that is going to do repairing walls. My Barbarian can barely survive at times and he has 163k hp with full 90 resists.

New patch notes updated. They'll be adjusting their behavior a bit more so they aren't as hard for melee to reach.

You can interupt them, but you need to deal a significant amount of damage. Around 1/2 their health bar.

It also means that on a map list misty with 4 sides to watch, if one person dies, you lose because you can't have people sniping djinn.

It also means that everyone has to be a huntress to be able to, you know, hit them, since they fly high above the lanes most of the time.

It also means if multiple djinn come at once, you lose defenses.

It also means if you can't play survival solo since you can't watch every sine for Djinns.

Do NOT tell us that our strategy is what is at fault. That is a condiscending remark, and it doesn't help anyone. Want to help, think Djinn are easy, show us your build. And tell us your tower stats. I would love to solo ULSF or Ramparts or even Magus Quarters up to wave 15 again, consider I used to to wave 20+.

You need a team of huntresses/dps dedicated to shooting djinn without making mistakes. And that is on top of the upgrading, and repairing, and everything else. Its like an endless quick time event, where if you mess up and miss one move, now you are losing because you lost a critical slow or wall.

New tactics may work in campaign, but in survival, they've destroyed anyone's ability to go past wave 15 without very high tier gear, 2000+ stats and such. And if you care to disagree, PLEASE share this build you are using and your stats so we can see how it can be done. Rather than just backhandedly calling all of us stupid and/or bad.

And I'm not trying to flame you, I'm trying to make the position a lot of us have clear. Djinn are unmanageable without top tier gear in survival if you want to get past wave 15 at the most. If you disagree, show us how. Otherwise, please don't attempt to invalidate our frustrations.

EDIT: I see they are now going to make the djinns stay closer to the ground. Which is nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that they delete your defenses. In survival on alch, rounds last 30+ minutes. If you miss personally attacking a couple of djinn, you lose.

Does shooting them with a tower interrupt them now?

If not, how is a melee class playing solo supposed to interrupt / stop them if they are in a location you can't get to (lava pit) and your towers can't kill them in time before they de-summon something? Has their health been drastically reduced enough so that 2 harpoons can deal with them with low/mid NM tower stats?

The idea of the Djinn lowering the level of your defenses instead of just removing them from the map seems far more balanced to me.

The only issue my friends and I have had with them are the insta-gibs. After the 7.21 patch they don't seem to have as much hp or do as much damage.

I didnt notice any difference in their health on NM HC ES, they still had from ~700k - 1.5M at the last wave.

Rather than deleting towers, what if Djinn made towers take X times (double, quadruple, whatever is balanced) the amount of damage from other mobs?

Good idea Ceron. Or if their beam did damage over time so you could at least repair against it while towers dps it down

If your towers don't prioritize Djinn then repositioning your towers is pointless. Also, interrupt their casting, was that a joke? Have your primary tower builder out (without uber 2k stats to hero atk as well as all tower stats) and see if you can interrupt one genie before all 200du disappear.

I did a solo run on survival magus. I had 3 harpoons aimed down each wing, with 1 aimed at each wyvern door, a squire wall blocking the front with 2 mage walls to the right blocking ogre balls along with a large snare. Another smaller snare was placed on the west side, the east side one kept disintegrating before I could 5 star it. Even with harpoons shooting down each ramp the djinns were often able to remove snares due to the fact that towers will not priority target djinns. Typically with this setup it means there are 4 harpoons shooting in their direction, and always at least one of them buffed with an app pet.

Gladly! Let me go throw one together :)

Couldn't figure one out? I was hoping to test it tonight.

Agreed, they just broke the game. I have been severely disapointed with all of the sloppy programming mistakes they've made with these patches and the constant need to circle back the next day to fix a critical mistake that was made, but kept playing because it was still fun. This shards pack with the Djinn have made it impossible to play and have fun. It is complete chaos. Out setup on Misty had been getting to 20, we die on 10 now. There's no point in upgrading walls/towers, because they get sold constantly by Djinn. You almost need a Hybrid of each class out to rebuild all the stuff that's sold, but they you cannot kill the Djinn. My towers cannot target them at all it seems.

Worse yet, my build for Misty relied on a few gas traps or enrage's at spawns to control flow, those get sold instantly by the Djinn as soon as a round starts.

All of our builders have 1k/1.8k/1k/1k stats too, so we're using the best stuff we've found < wave 20 Misty.

I was excited about the patch and playing new content, but it is actually making me and my friends drop this game.

Agreed, they just broke the game. I have been severely disapointed with all of the sloppy programming mistakes they've made with these patches and the constant need to circle back the next day to fix a critical mistake that was made, but kept playing because it was still fun. This shards pack with the Djinn have made it impossible to play and have fun. It is complete chaos. Out setup on Misty had been getting to 20, we die on 10 now. There's no point in upgrading walls/towers, because they get sold constantly by Djinn. You almost need a Hybrid of each class out to rebuild all the stuff that's sold, but they you cannot kill the Djinn. My towers cannot target them at all it seems.

Worse yet, my build for Misty relied on a few gas traps or enrage's at spawns to control flow, those get sold instantly by the Djinn as soon as a round starts.

All of our builders have 1k/1.8k/1k/1k stats too, so we're using the best stuff we've found < wave 20 Misty.

I was excited about the patch and playing new content, but it is actually making me and my friends drop this game.

Do not despair Ravenous001. D3 is coming out in 2 months, then DD will be all but forgotten in our minds.

New patch tomorrow. Lots of (hopefully) helpful stuff. Genie boss no longer damages crystal. Your ranged towers prioritize Djinn over ground units. And they are being nerfed a little in general. So let's see how that works out.

If your towers don't prioritize Djinn then repositioning your towers is pointless. Also, interrupt their casting, was that a joke? Have your primary tower builder out (without uber 2k stats to hero atk as well as all tower stats) and see if you can interrupt one genie before all 200du disappear.

I agree. The least that they should do is make sure the towers prioritize the Djinn first.

Has anyone here played Bloons Tower Defense 4? With those towers you can set priorities for each one. Would be great if you could do that on DD

I'm honestly getting kinda tired of the "Well change your build" answers to some problems that aren't just build problems. You can only change your build to compensate so much before your entire strategy falls apart and you must rebuild an entire new strategy. When the problem is that the prioritizing (Which thankfully is being changed.) or some other mechanic is hurting you, it's not your build that's the main problem.

The problem larger problem with a model of "release then fix" is that players come back on release day. I have a few friends that were waiting to play again with the new content that came back and then gave up on the game permanently. In fact we were discussing if Trendy was trying to force people off the servers to save money.

New patch tomorrow. Lots of (hopefully) helpful stuff. Genie boss no longer damages crystal. Your ranged towers prioritize Djinn over ground units. And they are being nerfed a little in general. So let's see how that works out.

For all the discussion (or whining some would say) I think they really do make attempts to listen. Sounds like they are making changes.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?14848-Upcoming-Patch-Notes-%287.22-ETA-3-16%29
[QUOTE]* Mac: Configuration Tool keybindings now save properly
* Added "Lucky Community Costume Pack" outfits!
* Added Djinn Arrival Notification
* Genie King Boss attacks no longer damage Eternia Crystals
* Gas Traps can now stun Djinn
* Djinn fleeing behavior further adjusted to make them more melee-attackable
* Reduced Djinn spawn by approx 40% throughout NM Survival (beyond-Campaign) waves
* Djinn Spell-Casting Interruption reduced from 15% of HP to 7.5% of HP
* Ranged Towers Prioritized to Target Djinn over ground-based units
* Eliminated Djinn spawns from Pure Strat mode
* Fixed a case where the PC game would hang if you shut it down by clicking the (X) button while in an online game

[Additional Details Forthcoming] [/QUOTE]