Djinn's and finding ways to combat/counter them?

Hello everyone. I know that I am a console player and us console players have to wait a month to fight these Djinn's and seeing that many of you are having quite a bit of trouble facing them, I just want to list a few things I would like to know about them.

1. How do they spawn?

2. How do they act?

3. Can they be killed/affected by towers?

Also if they can be affected by towers, has anyone tried using Enrage auras on the Djinn? I am sorry for asking so many questions but I figured I would ask about it. Thank you everyone for reading.

1. DO not know.

2. They buff a monster / creep and also they try to destroy a defense with their red beam. It looks like it has a 10s channel time. They fly.

3. Since they fly, anything ranged can target them and kill them.

They spawn normally at smaller rates from the doors.

They lock on a tower and remove it from game after a set amount of time. They can also golden monsters making them harder to kill.

They can be killed by towers ie harpoons and mm etc. They don't go into auras mostly so Idk if they are affected by then

1: In Moraggo they spawn from special locations sewn throughout the map, on every other map they spawn from regular spawns except for special cases.

2: They buff mobs by gilding them, they unsummon towers, they have their own attack to do general damage while their unsummoning ability is down/no mobs to gild.

3: They can be killed by towers, but you can't interrupt their channel with towers to my knowledge. They also seem to have a 1-3 second immunity on spawn regardless of where they are spawning aside from dark energy.

Not sure on the enrage aura.

Ok. I figured that since Djinn's love to be all over towers and what they are capable of doing, a Enrage aura would turn them against the enemies and might actually buff your characters/towers rather the other way around. This is just a theory but I figured it be worth a shot to mention.

It appears they are all pretty predictable where they attack(on average). They are not as predictable as spiders are where 3 bumpers will block all spawn.

with a high damage pet it seems easier to counter them.

Towers do not interrupt them. Only hero attacks can. Towers can kill them of course, and so if you set up for them you can prevent them from being much of a threat. But if push comes to shove, poking them with a stick a few times should stop their unsummoning.

Towers do not interrupt them. Only hero attacks can. Towers can kill them of course, and so if you set up for them you can prevent them from being much of a threat. But if push comes to shove, poking them with a stick a few times should stop their unsummoning.

So since they fly, then only really Hunters, Apps or Monks can reliably interrupt their de-summons?

Very good info.

I noticed last night that something was healing mobs for 10K (and for less than that further away) during a Djinn swarm, Mages cap at 3K, no? Was that the Djinn?

So since they fly, then only really Hunters, Apps or Monks can reliably interrupt their de-summons?
No. I'm doign it all the time on squire, even as I write this post. Most of the time, a simple jump and attack will be enough to interrupt them (It's a bit more of a problem on Uber MonsterFest, but for normal maps, its not an issue at all). Barbarians can use battle leap (on PC of course).

Since they are apparently removing the fleeing behavior (see patch notes forum), squires should have no problems at all.

I noticed last night that something was healing mobs for 10K (and for less than that further away) during a Djinn swarm, Mages cap at 3K, no? Was that the Djinn?

Djinn-buffed Mage?

Has anyone tried using Enrage aura's on the Djinn yet?

I am just curious on there reaction to it.

Has anyone tried using Enrage aura's on the Djinn yet?

I am just curious on there reaction to it.

Any aura I had was de-summoned before the djinns walked through it, same with traps.

And due to the fact that nothing prioritizes them, mass goblins will prevent towers from killing djinns in time, which seems to defeat solo play.

edit: I won't be able to further comment on them as I wont be playing until 7.21 comes.

I love Djinn. It made it easy for me to decide to take a step back until perhaps nightmare is out of beta or at least a couple patches occur. You have to admit though it makes you want just spiders back doesnt it?!

I have had limited experience with them in NM, I solo'd an alchemical lab survival until I was overtaken at wave 11. I kept my squire builder out, and was able to hit them with my sword, which seemed to stop them from red beaming my stuff. I used my normal setup for Nightmare, which is ant-spider, but I did ok.

I think the big thing is that we're not gonna be able to stand behind our towers and boost them anymore, since it seems the towers do not interrupt them. They also destroyed my traps quite a bit, so solo is not gonna be a good idea, I lost at wave 11 because I was unable to replace things that were taken down that were not Squire towers, which were a few mage walls, an ensnare and 2 proximity mines.

I kind of like them so far, in my limited play, I feel that if I had a DPS partner, or at least a huntress to build the traps, and rebuild them, that we would have at least been able to make round 15. I also see increased need for a DPS pet, I have not tried, but if player damage interrupts them, maybe the pets will too?

I may change my mind, but so far it seems like a nice challenge, and a cause for teamwork. My Squire is 800/800/400/500, so i'm not overpowering anything. I've also only played one map, at least on NM, but it's also supposed to be hard, nightmarish even.

Do hero attacks include pet attacks? And is it any hero dmg immediately stops the channel? Or is it affected by difficulty? Does it work the same in Nightmare?

Also,
Anyone know if they have random elemental immunity and how it affects their attack?
They seem to have both a fire and lightning attack?

Anyone know if these have any effect. Do they affect just normal attacks or the unsummon too.
gas trap?
ensnare aura?
enrage aura?
darkness trap?
Strength Drain?

If they do have elemental immunity will mage barricade remove it when they try to unsummon it?

No. I'm doign it all the time on squire, even as I write this post. Most of the time, a simple jump and attack will be enough to interrupt them (It's a bit more of a problem on Uber MonsterFest, but for normal maps, its not an issue at all). Barbarians can use battle leap (on PC of course).

Alhanalem just jumps once and pwns them with his awesome.

I don't know about pet attacks, but just ran through the desert level on Insane, as well as some of the NM challenges, and it seems that there is a damage threshold where they 'let go' so to speak. One whack doesn't seem to always do it, but other times it does, maybe they were getting hit by the towers too?

There were only two of us playing at the time, so it was hard to monitor the defenses and what the djinn were doing at the same time, but I am unsure that any auras affected them. Hoping to get my regular group together tonight to try some more.

The thing with Djin is just going to be knowing where they spawn. Once you know you can build your towers to cover that direction. That just comes with trial and error and people play maps and perfect builds on them.

Just like it was with spiders.

That and people with low map awareness are going to need to learn to scan the map constantly while playing, so that if a Djin spawns in a bad place you can quickly address it.

Hardest part about them is that they pretty much prevent you from clogging lanes with traps/enrage auras like you could in the past, so nightmare is going to be harder because of that alone since the maps will run faster.

Here's what I found out from playing NM Misty HC Survival last night:

1. They are effected by auras. Ensnare definitely slowed them, although we didn't try Enrage

2. Hero attacks do indeed break their channeling destruction ability, but sometimes it takes a few whacks

3. They spawn from the regular mob points (on MM)

4. They seem to arrive in large numbers right after the usual late spider wave (along with stupid amounts of Ogres)

5. They run when attacked, much like mages (apparently this is getting removed)

The best way we found of killing them was with the newly buffed Harpoons since they seem to be able to flip around to change targets quite quickly now. The only problem is Djinn sit behind other mobs letting them take the damage, while they destroy your shizz, so you need to get some hero damage on them as soon as they're in range (Haven't tested pets damage on them yet as we had our guards out).

We made it to wave 10 (we normally pass wave 25 quite easily) before the second Ogre bell, and got annihilated by ~20 Djinn and ~15 Ogres, there was absolutely no way to stop such a large wave coming from all sides.

Moral of the story: They're fine in smaller doses, but when they start coming in large groups of 5-6 with Ogres taking the damage up front, its extremely hard to stop them.

Going to try Enrage Auras tonight and hope that works :/