Trendy, I am almost done with your game

Let me explain a little something. I'm not against djinn, nor am I against the spiders. what I'm saying is in their current state they're too strong. Djinn can't be interrupted, which means players must have super epic amazing damage to kill them before they destroy anything. Also, you have no way to resist or reduce web duration, which I personally feel needs to be reduced or be able to break free sooner.

I can't believe you've come out with something WORSE than spiders. This Djinn design is terrible and completely overpowered.
In nightmare, they can't be interrupted, have as much health as an ogre, and can't be hit by melee.

I am absolutely appalled at what you're coming out with. And you've made it impossible for those to come out of insane into nightmare without buying from players. I can't deal with this bull. I can't complete any waves in nightmare with those djinn, even with my friend who has amazing damage, because we not only have to deal with ogres, we have to deal with the djinn.

The ONLY thing keeping a mote of my interest is the promise of a new class, but how you've been designing things, I have next to little faith it will be any good.

The djinn are uninterruptable, and need to be so that I can actually protect my base, otherwise it's just pointless to do nightmare without amazing gear (Which guess what? That gear comes from nightmare). They have too much health for being able to avoid most melee attacks.

Spiders are still overpowered. Their webbing on hero's needs to go from 3.5 seconds to 2 seconds. In those 3.5 seconds, an ogre can go through half the health of my turrets. Though the duration on towers isn't AS crippling. Why? Because I can distract ogres and still make repairs. But disabling the player from doing ANYTHING for 3.5 seconds is too strong.

I could go on a flaming rampage right now, but I'm going about this more civilly and offering my suggestions. But really, I've lost most interest, and have even less interest in "end game" content now with nightmare, further making the gap from the players struggling to continue with the players who had the best gear from the beginning and still have the best, making everything easy for them.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go ahead and agree, it would be fine if they had less health. Or even had to walk, but the fact that only range can hit them, they can come in behind your defenses, and are spawned on a difficulty that already has players fresh out of the last one clawing for every inch. I'm a little disappointed in how they are designing progression.

I've killed Djinns while they've been destroying towers. Half the time they run into the line of fire.

I don't see what the problem is.
The problem is on anyone just now entering into nightmare progression has a hell of a time dealing with them.

The problem is on anyone just now entering into nightmare progression has a hell of a time dealing with them.

Wasn't it the same thing with spiders?

I've killed Djinns while they've been destroying towers. Half the time they run into the line of fire.

I don't see what the problem is.

4 player misty NM campaign, they would not die from 2x 1448 tatk harpoons buffed and triple starred, before dismantling them.

Not to jump on the bandwagon but I made an account on here just so I could put in my two cents as well. I've been farming MM up to the boss for the last couple of weeks trying to eek out good enough gear to hopefully be able to beat her. I haven't accomplished this yet, and after playing again tonight with the djinn I have lost hope.

I want to earn the equipment I have not play some level over and over to get enough money to buy it from someone else. I've tried mixing defenses from all of the classes but like what others above me have said, the djinn dismantle stuff so fast. How ridiculous is it that I can be buffing towers at one portion of my defense and a djinn comes up and removes a wall lol. Flood gates open, game over. I've had this happen a couple of times and it is obnoxious.

I'm wondering if anyone has some advice regarding how to handle them. My stats so people have an idea of what I'm working with.

Squire builder 800 / 1104 / 600 / 720
App builder 600 / 1300 / 740 / 620
Aura Monk 700 / 600 / 460 / 700

Working on traptress, have a barb too but seeing as the defenses are key, I'm not going to bother posting his stats.

So. I'm lost, not sure where to go from here, I used to be able to get up to wave 14 on NM HC MM survival, not anymore.

I can still get to the final wave of Misty, but obviously can't solo the boss.

Some kind soul please point me in the right direction, I am ready to go find a different form of entertainment lol.

Sincerely,

Tolero

Eh? The djinns spawn on nightmare on any map? Thats pretty dumb and terrible, spiders were bad enough as it was but now we have to deal with these things?

Yeah they come out of random doors, fly and can destroy auras, traps, and towers with some little tractor beam thing. Loads of fun...

Tolero

I have found doing survival a lot easier than it was before the patch I have gotten further than I could before and I am not having to repair as much. Harpoons are now actually hitting things so they aren't getting webbed as often (almost not at all) and with the same layout i used to use on alch labs a week ago I can take down the djinns quite fast. I have managed to finish several maps on nightmare that i couldn't before the patch also. I think this has been a really good patch for once.

;371635']I have found doing survival a lot easier than it was before the patch I have gotten further than I could before and I am not having to repair as much. Harpoons are now actually hitting things so they aren't getting webbed as often (almost not at all) and with the same layout i used to use on alch labs a week ago I can take down the djinns quite fast. I have managed to finish several maps on nightmare that i couldn't before the patch also. I think this has been a really good patch for once.

I agree, the only thing I find tedious is when the djinns feel the need to buff up the spiders. That makes things annoying. Otherwise, the spider spawn seems to have been decreased.

I'm going to agree. The Spiders were manageable and while some disagree, it added a new sense of fear and strategy. Now there's no strategy because the Djinn are overpowered. You just line up your defenses and hope they can deal enough damage or be destroyed. There's no adjustment to the DU in each level or starting mana to compensate for the added difficulty in our already reduced stats.

If there were some added insentive or benefit that could give players an edge against them then I wouldn't be so disappointed. As it stands, we don't have any way to interupt them, they insta-kill defenses, and they can't be harmed by non-ranged attacks. This severely limits our ability to handle them, and with low to mid range NM stats, it's practically impossible to complete.

I can't believe you've come out with something WORSE than spiders. This Djinn design is terrible and completely overpowered.
In nightmare, they can't be interrupted, have as much health as an ogre, and can't be hit by melee..

I had a look at your last few posts. In all of them you've said you don't care about the new monster or map, you're just waiting for the new class. I kinda disagree on all your points, but that's not really the issue here. I have decent gear, so I can't comment what it's like to handle these things with entry level myth, but I imagine it's not nice.

The point I'm trying to make is that you seem intent on bashing any change here. You keep posting that the game is horrible, unbalanced, you just want the new class, don't care about the new mobs/map. And yet here you are whining again. It's been less than 24 hours since the Djinn arrived. People haven't had time to work strategies, and of course what worked before won't just work now. The Djinn hold backa little from the defences and work to remove them, and the offensive towers will be attacking stuff that's nearer to the walls. It will take a few days, or weeks, to work out effective methods to dispose of them, just like it did with spiders.

So, yeah, I can't help you defeat them now, but I would advise taking, oh, I don't know, a few days to enjoy the new challenge and try to come up with an interesting strategy to beat them, rather than just screaming "WAI GOD WAI ZOMG NERF!!11!" when you haven't even really explored their mechanics or played with ways to defeat them.

I had a look at your last few posts. In all of them you've said you don't care about the new monster or map, you're just waiting for the new class. I kinda disagree on all your points, but that's not really the issue here. I have decent gear, so I can't comment what it's like to handle these things with entry level myth, but I imagine it's not nice.

The point I'm trying to make is that you seem intent on bashing any change here. You keep posting that the game is horrible, unbalanced, you just want the new class, don't care about the new mobs/map. And yet here you are whining again. It's been less than 24 hours since the Djinn arrived. People haven't had time to work strategies, and of course what worked before won't just work now. The Djinn hold backa little from the defences and work to remove them, and the offensive towers will be attacking stuff that's nearer to the walls. It will take a few days, or weeks, to work out effective methods to dispose of them, just like it did with spiders.

So, yeah, I can't help you defeat them now, but I would advise taking, oh, I don't know, a few days to enjoy the new challenge and try to come up with an interesting strategy to beat them, rather than just screaming "WAI GOD WAI ZOMG NERF!!11!" when you haven't even really explored their mechanics or played with ways to defeat them.

i agrre with you people are blowing this whole djinn change out of proportion. Nothing has really changed with the game. Strats to complete each map are still the same. The djinns spawn from doors (except on the new maps) so nothing has changed. They do fly but if you are only using non air turrets you are doing it wrong in the first place.

I gotta agree with the people that think these suck, at the very least the djinns need a 50% hit to their health and melee characters need to be able to hit them. I just did two tries of NM HC ES with three characters running: First try I got to the last wave and got stomped less than halfway in, second time I had a harder time getting to the last wave but I was able to get past the hard part of it (which appears early on) and after that it was OK, but it got hairy again at the end with several djinns being the last enemies to spawn. Djinns have entirely too much health to be able to float around defenses and be able to nuke stuff so quickly.

This game is just getting worse... to progress you need good gear, but that is from Nightmare so unless you can do that you don't get good gear. So you buy from shops instead, ok sure great except how do you know what you buy is not hacked? Then end up getting banned or losing your account.

How can we win? I can't complete nightmare maps now because of these new monsters and i've no chance of getting good gear because I'm too afraid to buy from shops.

My 2 cents

I play an apprentice with some descend myth gear. About 800 dmg and 500 tower hp. Nothing special but i could run NM in search of new gear. I was content. When i was reading the paths note i was happy the app finely got some love and jumped right into the game.

I thought it might be a good idea to run the new map on medium for the first time so i could look around and get to know the map a little. I didn't know what the djinn did so i just blocked of the choke points and watched the show. Some random people joint in. Of course this was no challenge at all. But when i started to lose towers i noticed the djinns and tried to stop them by placing some magic missile towers to deal with them.

But still i lost towers!! Not much and nothing i couldn't deal with (this was medium after all) I noticed that one MM tower wasn't up to the job to kill one djinn on medium with 2 other players. Even with the new app boost.

I haven't played NM yet but i fear the worst.

most people that sell hacked items sell by paypal. alot of the shops sell items over priced but there are a few that have decent items for 2x-3x vendor price. no need to be afraid to go in and look and just because people want to sell items for 20k doesnt mean it a great item.

Here's my .02

I have decent gear. Nothing fantastic, but nothing terrible. Stats are 1002/1375/963/556 Tower squire.

I am not good at building defenses and so I can't do MM, even using cubicleninja stuff I can;t seem to figure out how to cover everything for spiders and pass waves to make any real coin to upgrade. As such, I have been farming Magus Quarters.

I now cannot even farm that decently. The Djinn have unsummoned a bunch of 3-star items, even in the line of fire. I have 1 harp buffed by a 59^ BOOST apprentice hitting it head on and it still gets the cast off. I use bowlers to cover the 3 lanes and the spider drops, it casted one of thos off because I guess bowlers can't hit the Djin easily or well. In line of fire.

The kicker is, if I join another map with a team, I'll get booted for either just showing up or having too many players making the maps long. I don't blame them. I don't need instant gratification but if I can't even afk anything anymore, I don't want to sit and look stupid allowing my pets to buff and me stay warm and cozy behind towers because I can't do anything or there is littel to do. On a massive map like Glitter or the new oasis, magic carpets or not, it's not as easy as even running around to get to the Djin anyways. Also, just saw that the Harps autotarget closest, so often in large mobs Djin aren;t even targeted even if they are attacking the harpoon because there may be a mob closer than the semi-distant casting Djin.

I can't even IMAGINE what a noob player will do on NM maps now. If I had my old build I wouldn't be able to do much. Magus isn't terribly hard bt the payout isn't great either. Now that is pretty much taken away. So If I need an item off these forums, I can't afford them because A.) I cant farm well enough to hit 200M cap in any decent time and B.) Alot of the auctioned stuff here is way overpriced ( I got 367 tower damage base gloves for 200 mill in AFK shop versus what most assuredly would have been 1 Bil on here) and so 99% of the time I can't afford it, and now I can't even farm pets to sell to surpass soft cap.

Finally, and this isn't completely with the complaint but as I am doing Magus again I see it, the Djinn wait to do most of their appearance at the end of the round, when no more creeps are there. Kinda like the Ogres in Alch Lab in later levels. Except multiply the time it takes for them to show up by 2, then multiply the number of Djin by 3. I swear on just lvl 11 of Magus it took twice as long to complete the round just waiting for Djin to show up.

And the Payout? Doesn't seem to be higher. Gear seems the same. Maybe EXP is more (per patch) but I need mana earnings.

I hope tsomething is done. I like the idea of the Djinn and love the new boss, but right now NM just got ALOT harder and I don't see a big payoff right now. Maybe have an option similar to Hard Core mode where you can turn it off? Maybe have the Djion react to reaching half their HP like the Ogre's do, so that they stop casting for 2 seconds? Maybe Series EV has a cheap, low DU solution to Djinn? I don't know, but I can really really see why someone who just hit 74 would start hating this game, especially with so much NM survival kickings that we hear and see and are victim to in some cases.

/n00b rant.

Kinda like the Ogres in Alch Lab in later levels. Except multiply the time it takes for them to show up by 2, then multiply the number of Djin by 3. I swear on just lvl 11 of Magus it took twice as long to complete the round just waiting for Djin to show up.

Ugh. Ok. Mechanics of new mobs aside, this is lame and unforgivable. Waiting for mobs to spawn while there's nothing on the map is just a useless, useless waste of time. See: Ogre Crush, Castle Armoury (NM SV), Alc Labs (NM SV). Utter fail-in-a-bag.

Agreed. If you ask me, adding the Djinn into all NM maps makes sense. It makes the maps harder and gives them a new challenge instead of the same old spider-fest we've been having. It's a way to revive the old maps as well instead of just focusing on the one new map. On top of that, they need to make NM harder because of the new gear level. If they kept the maps the same and added new gear into them it would be way to easy to get the gear.

Most posts like the OP's are simply out of rage that they haven't been able to beat it yet or find it extremely difficult. I agree; it is hard, but that's the point. Did Steve Wiebe create a post on the Donky Kong forum (hypothetical) when Billy Mitchell got the high score again? No.

Keep trying and find new ways to take these guys down. They have to have a weakness. How do DST's do against them? I preferred DST's for spiders, but many people swore that bouncers were the best for spiders.

Keep trying and find new ways to take these guys down. They have to have a weakness. How do DST's do against them? I preferred DST's for spiders, but many people swore that bouncers were the best for spiders.

If you have >1k + Stats and every Char than yes, there are solutions at least for Campaign. But what about the the ones who want to Level Solo and are trying to take the step from Hard -> Insane -> Nightmare. In this case Djins are ruiing everything because it is too much for a new player.
To argu always in your own point of view (high stats, experience, bored cuz of 400+ Hours played etcpp) isn't the "normal" player.
And for Survival there is no way at the moment.

If you have >1k + Stats and every Char than yes, there are solutions at least for Campaign. But what about the the ones who want to Level Solo and are trying to take the step from Hard -> Insane -> Nightmare. In this case Djins are ruiing everything because it is too much for a new player.
To argu always in your own point of view (high stats, experience, bored cuz of 400+ Hours played etcpp) isn't the "normal" player.
And for Survival there is no way at the moment.

No. Wrong.

Go back and browse some threads that are two months old. People were saying EXACTLY the same thing about spiders. ZOMG. SPIDERS. THE RAMP FOR GETTING GEARZ IS BORKEN ZOMG!1!. Then a few nice people started to share their builds, and other people started to refine them, and put together loot progression guides for dummies. I know, because I came late to this game, and I used some of them. Yes, it didn't make sense that I had to go Endless Spires for my first map. But it was there, and I used it. So thank you to everyone who provided these.

You WILL see the same thing here.

So, you have 2 choices.

1) Shut up. Please. For God's sake shut up. At least spend a couple of days trying to find a new strategy to deal with these guys instead of complaining that your old builds don't work with new monsters. What did you expect? The builds for insane didn't work on nightmare because of spiders. So now old NM builds won't work because of Djinns. So, go play. Then come back with constructive feedback, instead of just plain wrong like "You can't interrupt their attack" when you patently can.

2) If you're not prepared to experiment with new builds and layouts, and are entitled enough to want everything handed to you on a silver platter, then go sit in the sun for a week, call your mom, plan a nice surprise for your girlfriend, go to the gym, and come back when others have done the hard work for you, and perhaps they've been patched.

Sitting here complaining that's it's broken after less than 24 hours doesn't help anyone at all. I agree that changes probably need to happen. It's clear there was a fail in the testing process (see: NM boss bug, textures in new UMF map, misty load crash, and probably other things too), but to scream nerf before you've even really played this and fully understand the mechanic? That just makes you look like an asshat.