[PSN] Console Events - The Future

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic, you might want to add connection status to the list, don't want people lagging during events:D

Shouldn't be an issue with the way I plan things.

i like this idea n i would like 2 host events but i lag,so ill b a roaming host IF i get a chance,kinda wat king usually dose now lol

dungeon defenders event

how do u sign up for dungeon defenders event for the ps3?
i would like 2 host events how do i sign up 4 it

how do u sign up for dungeon defenders event for the ps3?
i would like 2 host events how do i sign up 4 it

Here you go!!

I am still open for event hosts. Thanks to those who have applied, I will be considering you all and in contact with you shortly. To speed up the process, when you message me, I need;

Your in game experience
PSN ID

Thanks guys, exciting times ahead. I have my team assembled already, just need a few more. I will announce the team shortly. Well within the next week :p

Damn I'd love to host my game warden woman prevents this from happening thou... Doh! It would be triple awesome hosting/working with the team, two meeting awesome contestants I could roll with and three raking in the event reward. EPIC!

Oh, classic it might be a good idea to add a list of current hosts to the first post. :^) (Let people get a feel for whos who in the events)

Oh, classic it might be a good idea to add a list of current hosts to the first post. :^) (Let people get a feel for whos who in the events)

Agreed.

Im new to this still, how do we sign up for events? do i just have to get an invite from someone who is already doing it?

I`d like to host if there is ever an available spot i will make sure im on and have plenty of time to help and to achieve happiness for the players picking to join the event =) we have have good idea`s so we should all explore them and share them with others around us. =D

Not that I have scrawled through every post.
Are there or is it possible to have an event / mode (capture flag/destroy crystal)
4 player vs 4 player.

Maybe a magic shield through centre and a time limit before lifted to allow teams to prepare defences etc.

That would be pretty cool - Sure not that difficult to implement.

:-)

Not that I have scrawled through every post.
Are there or is it possible to have an event / mode (capture flag/destroy crystal)
4 player vs 4 player.

Maybe a magic shield through centre and a time limit before lifted to allow teams to prepare defences etc.

That would be pretty cool - Sure not that difficult to implement.

:-)

Unfortunately that is not possible as it would require a major code re-write :(

Don't be upset though. The new events will be pretty awesome!

Considering the consoles will have a patch and a new map on the 10/11th of April, the new events will be scheduled for a start date roughly around the 20th April. Nothing is in concrete, but this will give us time to test everything and make sure the new changes make the events both possible and not too easy.

At this point in time I have 5 hosts, and am considering others.

What I want from the community is a show of what day is best for everyone to participate. I will open another thread for people to vote in. Unlike other polls, the aim will be to see the composition of the communities free time as opposed to a "best day" to hold them. More news soon.

Vote here!

Here you go :)

hey classic,
thanks for doing this :) it sounds really promising - fair to all, more rewarding, and more dynamic than the current events - and looking forward to it.

just 2, maybe 3 quick items:
as the new event coordinator to organize and be accountable for your team, what are you looking to change the most and when can we expect to hear more concrete info about your infrastructure? are you concerned about the "waiting" factor (people waiting all day to get in and sometimes not getting in) at all? what are you expecting from your hosts in terms of "professionalism"?
more importantly, what's your favorite way to enjoy a bit of vegemite?

hey classic,
thanks for doing this :) it sounds really promising - fair to all, more rewarding, and more dynamic than the current events - and looking forward to it.

as the new event coordinator to organize and be accountable for your team, what are you looking to change the most and when can we expect to hear more concrete info about your infrastructure? are you concerned about the "waiting" factor (people waiting all day to get in and sometimes not getting in) at all? what are you expecting from your hosts in terms of "professionalism"?
more importantly, what's your favorite way to enjoy a bit of vegemite?

I can answer some of these questions.
The waiting factor: we are going to have 8+ host. So we are hoping to get everybody in asap. PLUS we are going to have events on multiple days so the invites will/should be spread out more so it will not be as bad.
Professionalism: If there are any complaints with some solid evidence behind it then action will be taken as always.

hey classic,

as the new event coordinator to organize and be accountable for your team, what are you looking to change the most and when can we expect to hear more concrete info about your infrastructure?

The biggest change will be organization. A bigger team, with creative events should make them even more enjoyable. All members if my team will have input, so expect some crazy good new ideas.

[QUOTE]are you concerned about the "waiting" factor (people waiting all day to get in and sometimes not getting in) at all?[/QUOTE]

I'm not concerned at all. Wait times *should* (not promised) be no longer than 4 hours maximum. I plan on having at least 8 active hosts, over multiple days.

[QUOTE]what are you expecting from your hosts in terms of "professionalism"?[/QUOTE]

I expect professionalism at all times from my group, as the community expects from me as a moderator. I have hand picked my team, and we should be fine. That said if things aren't done in accordance with the rules I will not hesitate to take action. Community is No. 1 priority to me.

[QUOTE]more importantly, what's your favorite way to enjoy a bit of vegemite?[/QUOTE]

On toast with butter, with the Vegemite spread really thick! Get some!