[PSN] Console Events - The Future

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Fellow PSN Community Members,

[SIZE=3]PSN events are delayed a further week at this stage due to the new loot. We need to balance the items we give. Expect them to kick off starting 27th April or later.

A lot has happened in the past week, and it's time to move on :) .... to bigger and better things!

TE only supporting one set of Events on each console

This was a decision made by Hitmonchan and TE. Event Weapons are a privilege, not a right. It makes sense to only have one set of supported events for each console, to provide fairness all around. More importantly it enables TE to better make the weapons as they are busy and do not have the time to support more than one event per console. Both Dredd and I support this decision.

To TDC, I am sorry that you have been negatively affected by this decision, it is my personal goal to make this up to you. More details later, but thanks for being a true champion about this.

Moving Forward: what to expect

I along with Hitmonchan have come up with a solution that best suits the community.

After the Winter Olympics, I will be the new Event Coordinator. I will have up to 8 hosts working under me with people helping them test and organize it, all comprised of the current hosts, their teams and new people, should they accept my offer. (current hosts PM me if you are interested)

Events will be run with an Iron Fist clenching my Ban Hammer :p (most importantly they will be fun and fair)

I will not be hosting events, but will organize them and be accountable for my team. The events will be fair to all, and will be far more dynamic than the current events and more rewarding. We will be looking for input, and people to help.

I know some of you will not be happy with who the hosts are when they are revealed, but I am asking for forgiveness on their behalf, if Hitmonchan and I can forgive, I think you can too. They deserve a second chance. We all make mistakes.

All complaints will be directed to me only. I will discuss them with Hitmonchan on a weekly basis. Corruption of the events will lead to permanent closure and TE will not sponsor PSN community events any longer.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys giving a chance for new hosts? Im interested in the position if ones is open, I know I can do much more than just participate, we all have the ability to do so much more.

My name is Hitmonchan, and I approve this thread.*

*Sponsored by the Committee for Hitmonchan 2012

Hitmonchan for Mayor, or else:

"I know some of you will not be happy with who the hosts are when they are revealed, but I am asking for forgiveness on their behalf, if Hitmonchan and I can forgive, I think you can too. They deserve a second chance. We all make mistakes." -Classic

lol...woohooo....yaaay.../sarcasm.

Oh well lol, I guess everyone deserves one.
I for one can't wait for these events I think they'll be awesome.

Finally! A legit coordinator! Congrats Classic.

Can't wait for these events!
EDIT: I as well look forward to working with you classic. Sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun!!!

Remember, a vote for Hit, is a vote for the future.

hmmm i notice you are from Australia are you having host from U.S. and EU hosting/helping you in these events?

Dam Capt and his team have been doing events 4 like 5 weeks.

Good Job Man but maybe u should take a break JK
I hope Xbox is getting as much love as ps3,

I hope Xbox is getting as much love as ps3,

You know if its wasn't for the 360's winter events this wouldn't be a topic right?

Remember, a vote for Hit, is a vote for the future.

Actually, I take that back. I'm the vice president, and Classic is president. Classic/Hitmonchan 2012

Actually, I take that back. I'm the vice president, and Classic is president. Classic/Hitmonchan 2012

And I am Secretary of Defense :-P